The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

It's only sports Mazz. Nothing is or ever should be personal on this forum.
It's never personal for me Roberto. I know many here are frustrated with my fandom which is why I've been posting short posts and trying to stay on topic to Pats as much as possible while also inserting humor.

It's never personal for me Roberto. I know many here are frustrated with my fandom which is why I've been posting short posts and trying to stay on topic to Pats as much as possible while also inserting humor.

Don't sweat it. This is part of the problem with the modern world. The human touch, human contact, has gone. Everyone hammering on keyboards, thousands of miles apart in some cases, and we lose a lot of perspective and a lot of what makes us, human. The non-verbals, the empathy that comes from being around actual people.

When you get a Steeler fan who likes to spend more time here than his board, you have something special.
Thread title is appropriate,
It has benefited me in the past,

A few of us, @Muse especially spent some of the best of times at a now defunct small Colts message board years ago.

@No1Jag spent a lot of time there too.

We're all still friends very good friends.

Yes, even and especially some Colts fans, even you too Muse. 😂

I desperately needed what that board had to offer at the time and everything grew from there.

Had no interest in all you bitchy pricks and bitches here at the time. 😅

Even caught a beautiful full blooded Native American girlfriend with a wicked allergy to firewater from Canada living in NC there.

Muse knows the story and it was insane, but ultimately awesome.

This is a very good place.

And we got each other in ways which may surprise and from members who I think would completely surprise.

There is a deep reason I've called this crazy wonderful little corner of the internet my home since 2008.

Thanks bossman @Undertaker #59* for all you do to keep it going here. ♥

BTW, I've never been able to decifer the meaning of the pound sign and asterisk that bracket the 59 in your username. :shrug-n2:

Enjoy the new Parasound integrated amp and please let me know what you think of it.

And I just placed an order for that nifty Chinese streamer. Not entirely sure what they thought when I asked for a stripper pole and AI equipped petite Real Doll in a sundress in the delivery instructions. But what Hell, let it fly and see how it goes. You be surprised how often letting it fly brings great things. :)

Love ya AOT.

Love you bitchy pricks and bitches too. 😂

All of you.

Thank you.

🥰

Thank you all again for the kind words. There truly is good that can come from the online world. We have survived the longest, worst, greatest day of our lives. We buried part of our son's ashes this morning in his favorite protein shaker bottle (it was the only thing that would be fitting for him). Then we had his memorial service which included a sermon by the pastor that included a couple Office references. The church was full and overflowed into the basement which was also completely full. So many people that loved Grant including many that we never expected to see. His favorite professor traveled from KU for the service. He was completely heartbroken. After the service and reception we went home to kick up our feet for a little bit before meeting with our family to eat dinner. Then we went up to one of Grant's favorite places to set off some floating lanterns and have a few shots. After that we headed down to our family's old bar to meet up with many of Grant's former classmates and roommates for a few drinks. He truly surrounded himself with some great young men. I ended the night by watching Grant's slideshow and a replay of his memorial and got one last cry in before I crawled into bed. Now we will wake up when we wake up.

Thank you all again for the kind words. There truly is good that can come from the online world. We have survived the longest, worst, greatest day of our lives. We buried part of our son's ashes this morning in his favorite protein shaker bottle (it was the only thing that would be fitting for him). Then we had his memorial service which included a sermon by the pastor that included a couple Office references. The church was full and overflowed into the basement which was also completely full. So many people that loved Grant including many that we never expected to see. His favorite professor traveled from KU for the service. He was completely heartbroken. After the service and reception we went home to kick up our feet for a little bit before meeting with our family to eat dinner. Then we went up to one of Grant's favorite places to set off some floating lanterns and have a few shots. After that we headed down to our family's old bar to meet up with many of Grant's former classmates and roommates for a few drinks. He truly surrounded himself with some great young men. I ended the night by watching Grant's slideshow and a replay of his memorial and got one last cry in before I crawled into bed. Now we will wake up when we wake up.

images

Sending good vibes today and always, Alk. I apologize for not responding sooner as I have a hard time expressing my thoughts.
I’m so very sorry for your loss. I just can’t imagine the hurt upon losing a child. Please know I’m thinking of you and yours
during this time 💕

Just met with the doctor. Surgery is almost finished up. He said everything went well. There was a fair amount of bone missing. I'm not sure how that happens but he didn't seem too concerned. His new splint will free up his fingers so he can get back to gaming. He said the finger movement would be good for him.

Just met with the doctor. Surgery is almost finished up. He said everything went well. There was a fair amount of bone missing. I'm not sure how that happens but he didn't seem too concerned. His new splint will free up his fingers so he can get back to gaming. He said the finger movement would be good for him.
I am so sorry that I am only learning about the events surrounding your sons today. As a father of two boys, I am filled with an extreme range of emotion and my heart goes out to you more than words can ever express. Please know that I am thinking of you all. Your son sounds like a hell of a guy who had a profound impact on others and that is a testament to you as a father. I hope you're able to remain strong and I truly hope you come back to this forum just to scream if that's how you're feeling at a particular moment. I don't always click on it but I am glad this thread exists. Please take care <3

Our son went back to school for the first time since his surgery this morning. The last two days have been pretty brutal. We may have slipped up and disregarded the whole elevating/icing advice that the doctor gave us post surgery. He was in a lot of pain and maybe took it out on us a little. He woke up this morning though and said there was almost no pain. I went and picked up his traditional Friday breakfast and he went on his way. Fingers crossed that he makes it through the day. He wasn't a fan of school before all of this so I can't imagine it's going to be easier for him now.

I just wanted to send out a quick note to all here. You probably won't see me around much for a while. On Wednesday night our boys were driving home and the roads became suddenly icey. Our youngest son lost control and the car rolled into the ditch. Our youngest son somehow was able to get out of the car and run to the highway for help. Our oldest son unfortunately didn't make it. This is just the most God awful pain that I have ever known and I honestly don't know how we're going to keep going but we have to for our son. He is still facing some surgery on his right hand and has a nasty contusion on one of his lungs but we are home after a long night at the hospital. All of the thoughts and prayers are much appreciated and needed. This is how we are going to heal.
No words. So sorry to hear this. You have my family's prayers.

I know this is supposed to be a thread for negative stuff (and I have plenty of that if the masses are hungry!) but I have a chance at something positive today. Job interview of a lifetime. This is my third (and I expect final) interview after screening with the head of recruiting, then 90m with the CEO. Today I have 2 VPs, 4 SVPs, the CFO, COO, and the General Counsel before closing with the CEO again - 10:30-4:30 Eastern.

So I figured what the hell, why not post hear for any thoughts and prayers? After all, it's in everyone's best interests that my Wandering Horde doesn't end up on welfare, right?

I know this is supposed to be a thread for negative stuff (and I have plenty of that if the masses are hungry!) but I have a chance at something positive today. Job interview of a lifetime. This is my third (and I expect final) interview after screening with the head of recruiting, then 90m with the CEO. Today I have 2 VPs, 4 SVPs, the CFO, COO, and the General Counsel before closing with the CEO again - 10:30-4:30 Eastern.

So I figured what the hell, why not post hear for any thoughts and prayers? After all, it's in everyone's best interests that my Wandering Horde doesn't end up on welfare, right?
I believe this thread is for any kind of support whether good or bad circumstances. Congratulations on landing the new job!! ;)

No time with then janitor? They must not be serious.

Congrats. Today is "don't mess it up day". The job is yours otherwise. They have $40k+ of peoples time invested in you today.

Good luck, you perverted little weasel!

Back