The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

Glad that you are on the road to recovery, ParanoidPatriot. You’ll be swinging those sticks in no time.

Sticks? Sticks?

I always heard them referred to as bones or some variation of the term even there are no bones in the "appendage".

Oh...you guys are talking about golf.

Sorry, sticks and balls and all.

Got lost.

:)

Shaq Omg GIF

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I haven't been posting for over a week. Last Friday I reported to the hospital, for a major aortic aneurysm surgery. The surgery started about 9AM and my wife and family got to see me around 630 PM.
The surgery itself is considered to be one of the biggest surgeries that they do. Thet was told to me by 2 doctors who weren't in voloved in the actual surgery. I spent 3 days in the ICU and 4 days in other hospital rooms. I came home this Friday, weak and very tired but recovering better than exexpected. It will be a long recovery but should be able to do most things in about 3 months. Looks like I should be able to play golf around May 1st.
What I found out is that I have been blessed more than any man can expect. Not just by my wonderful family, friends, business accociates, but by many people who I didn't have a clue cared about me. This team of doctors did a great job, the nurses and other health care worker were all outstanding. I wish that I could say food prep but you would know that I would be lying.
Please keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to Alk and his family as I do. They will need them for a long time.
As you may remember I spent Christmas 2016 at MGH for just about the same length of time after 11 hours of quadruple bypass surgery on the 23rd.
Going in, I was terrified. Knew I wouldn't come out of it. Just paranoid I guess, 'cause here I still am. Anyway, what a thing. The doctors who do this literally save actual lives on a daily basis. God bless then no matter what JL says. :rofl:

And love that after this ordeal, you're thinking of ALK AND HIS FAMILY. Their loss is far greater than a wee bit of open heart surgery.

Get well my friend.

Cheers, :toast:

Rough day today my baby brother would have been 58 today six years went by way to fast.... tomorrow my parents would have been married 68 years .....

~Dee~
Thank you both I’m typing with tears in my eyes. I think I’ve corrected my grammatical errors lol

~Dee~

Thank you both I’m typing with tears in my eyes. I think I’ve corrected my grammatical errors lol

~Dee~

68? Wow. No idea how long they were together in this life, but it had to be a LONG time. Good on them. It takes the best to make it that long. They are happily watching now.

No doubt.

68? Wow. No idea how long they were together in this life, but it had to be a LONG time. Good on them. It takes the best to make it that long. They are happily watching now.

No doubt.
I agree .... thank you. 50 plus hubby and I have been married for 40 well almost 41 years we‘re hoping to make 50 lol

My dad would have been 93 .... he passed at 81 we celebrated his 80 th birthday at my house and my first granddaughter was 9 months old ..... my mom passed away while that same granddaughter was going through chemo... my baby brother and I took care of both of our parents throughout that really hard time and then we lost him. My eldest son was born when my brother was 15..... And ironically my eldest son was extremely close to my brother just celebrated his significant other girlfriends daughters 6 th birthday with his 5 year old daughter ... I don’t think he’s made the connection and I’m not telling him..

~Dee~

Sticks? Sticks?

I always heard them referred to as bones or some variation of the term even there are no bones in the "appendage".

Oh...you guys are talking about golf.

Sorry, sticks and balls and all.

Got lost.

:)

Shaq Omg GIF

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor
A screw up of that proportion is often called a boner. :coffee:

No doubt.
My dads 80th bday, me, my son, and my eldest granddaughter.... My eldest brother is sixty six they were together before my dad was sent to Europe during WWIl. So my mom was 17 and my dad just got back from Europe he was was 20 when they got married lol.

Thanks for all the support.... I appreciate it.

~Dee~27165DC5-8F8E-4EB9-A3EC-202E4ADB50BA.jpeg

There might be a bit of family resemblance granddaughter has my mother’s nose lol

Last edited:
My dads 80th bday, me, my son, and my eldest granddaughter.... My eldest brother is sixty six they were together before my dad was sent to Europe during WWI. So my mom was 17 and my dad just got back from Europe he was was 20 when they got married lol.

Thanks for all the support.... I appreciate it.

~Dee~View attachment 15399

There might be a bit of family resemblance granddaughter has my mother’s nose lol
Could’ve picked you out of a lineup and I’ve never seen you before.

If you are inclined please pray for the students at MSU. Active shooter. Several shot, one known fatality.

My daughter is locked down in her rental house with her room mates about .8 miles away.

I am texting with her and listening to the police feed.

If you are inclined please pray for the students at MSU. Active shooter. Several shot, one known fatality.

My daughter is locked down in her rental house with her room mates about .8 miles away.

I am texting with her and listening to the police feed.
FFS! Take a break, crazies!

Prayers, of course.

Three confirmed murdered, and five in the hospital fighting for their lives. The coward shot himself when approached by police.

1676353133903.png

Three confirmed murdered, and five in the hospital fighting for their lives. The coward shot himself when approached by police.
Thinking about you and your daughter.

I have a friend whose son decided to enroll at Virginia Tech shortly after the massacre there, and my friend was OK with that. I thought about it, and decided they both had made a good decision.

The actions of the insane are unpredictable and seldom are correlated to the location where they occur. The shooting at MSU has nothing to do with the quality of the institution, and hopefully that will be evident to everyone after a little time has passed.

Back