***The Officially Official Training Camp 2013 Thread (Officially)***

Eagles CB Brandon Boykin says the Pats tried to bully the Eagles. Seems to me they did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...les-brandon-boykin-patriots-tried-to-bully-us

Man I am so tired of this statement:

" Amid concerns the Patriots don't have the pass-catching weapons to compete this season"

I mean its all I hear, from other fans, from the media, over and over, its insulting to not only the players that are out there, but to the team. I hope they take notice.

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks2m
The Patriots offense was the biggest surprise of my training camp tour. Despite several key losses, they were very crisp. #Brady

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks2m
The Patriots offense was the biggest surprise of my training camp tour. Despite several key losses, they were very crisp. #Brady

Yep shocking the world, you would think this idiots would learn by now.

Hey, I'm pretty shocked! :D Not because of TB practicing well but because the other pieces seem better than I thought they would be so early on. I doubt the 2006 Pats O looked that good in camp even though they too had TB.

I was watching the PFT from yesterday and Curran said that he talked to a Pats defensive player yesterday and the guy told Curran that "the Eagles are a mess". LOL

Hey, I'm pretty shocked! :D Not because of TB practicing well but because the other pieces seem better than I thought they would be so early on. I doubt the 2006 Pats O looked that good in camp even though they too had TB.

I was watching the PFT from yesterday and Curran said that he talked to a Pats defensive player yesterday and the guy told Curran that "the Eagles are a mess". LOL

Yeah, my memory isn't quite what it used to be, but the only new receivers I can recall that made people this gooey-legged in camp were Branch and Welker. That's a big reason why I'm damn near ready to buy in already.

Yes, they are rookies. Yes, they haven't even played a preseason game yet. But fans are still pretty adept at seeing ability in camp and none of busts (rookie or otherwise) made this kind of initial impression.

Yeah, my memory isn't quite what it used to be, but the only new receivers I can recall that made people this gooey-legged in camp were Branch and Welker. That's a big reason why I'm damn near ready to buy in already.

Yes, they are rookies. Yes, they haven't even played a preseason game yet. But fans are still pretty adept at seeing ability in camp and none of busts (rookie or otherwise) made this kind of initial impression.

I've already bought in and, like Volin, I'm driving a bandwagon. I knew they had the physical attributes I wanted, especially Harrison (sigh), Thompkins, Boyce & Sudfeld. They were known for their tough, physical style. Dobson has been a very pleasant surprise for me. He's suddenly become the physical kind of WR his body type allows. Each of these receivers is supremely talented at using their body to block the defender and all can high point the ball in the face of contact. We went from no Boldin-like receivers to 4 (5 w/ Harrison) in only a short time. That's what I call filling a need.

I've already bought in and, like Volin, I'm driving a bandwagon. I knew they had the physical attributes I wanted, especially Harrison (sigh), Thompkins, Boyce & Sudfeld. They were known for their tough, physical style. Dobson has been a very pleasant surprise for me. He's suddenly become the physical kind of WR his body type allows. Each of these receivers is supremely talented at using their body to block the defender and all can high point the ball in the face of contact. We went from no Boldin-like receivers to 4 (5 w/ Harrison) in only a short time. That's what I call filling a need.

As Mayo's buddy on patsfans would say, "Preach on brother Chevss!" :thumb:

The only problem I can foresee is the inevitable rookie wall and having so much reliance on these 3-4 guys who are standing out right now and if they fade.

The only problem I can foresee is the inevitable rookie wall and having so much reliance on these 3-4 guys who are standing out right now and if they fade.

I was thinking about that yesterday. If they all stick I foresee BB & Josh spreading out the young guy's work loads to give mental and physical breaks along the way to try to manage the wall.

He's done similar things with other players in the past where late in the year a young guy's work load will diminish for a few weeks.

I was thinking about that yesterday. If they all stick I foresee BB & Josh spreading out the young guy's work loads to give mental and physical breaks along the way to try to manage the wall.

He's done similar things with other players in the past where late in the year a young guy's work load will diminish for a few weeks.

At 12-0, the Pats will have home field sown up. They can rest for 4 weeks. :coffee:

That would be Off The Grid.

Does Mayo post anymore?
Nope. I sent him a Private Message back in March and he responded :

Taking an indefinite sabbatical. Not posting anywhere. Not really following the board, except occasionally.

Too bad.

Out of curiosity, how good was the Eagles pass defense last year?

:eek:

That why I think McDaniels. Needs to get the RB's involved. All of them can catch passes. Vereen being the most dangerous Catching passes.

Is it too early to start a Zach Sudfeld appreciation thread?

popcorn

Can we just call him Sudafed? I can't seem to get myself to say Sudfeld. It's unnatural.

Back