The Patriots 2023 Off Season

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but Bill should pick up the phone and ask Paul Alexander if he has the itch to return to the NFL as his
Offensive Line Coach.

Alexander is a very interesting dude who has coached extensively at every level including 26 years in the NFL. He's 62 and has coached a
long list of all-pro O linemen. He recently decided to spend more time with his daughter, a pianist, so, he enrolled in a college course and became an
accomplished concert pianist who wrote a book about his experiences. He earned a master's degree in exercise physiology in 2012 and,
among many other diverse career accomplishments, was named to SI's "coaching dream team".

What I don't know about him is a lot, such as whether he and Bill know and/or like each other, but it stands to reason they do. Know each other. The
lifers all do. Whether he wants to get back to coaching in the NFL is completely unknown, because as far as I can tell nobody has asked him, but his
enthusiasm for the game is very high as anyone that has heard him talk about what he's seeing on NFL radio can attest.

Pick up the phone, Bill.

very intriguing

but he joined a german team last month

Technically he does have a SB ring

yes thanks. Hightower was the main inside linebacker and Mayo only played 6 games in 2014. Also that defense had Revis and of course won by Malcolm Butler. But Mayo’s coaching trajectory is different from say a Mike Vrabel who was an instrumental smart linebacker on multiple SB winners. Or a Brian Flores who won a SB ring as the actual defensive play caller and had been a Patriots staff member for 10 years. Mayo was part of the ringless soft defense Patriots period, wasn’t a main defender on a champion, nor a main coach on a winner. He’s coached a couple years. But I’m sure he gives great speeches in the locker room….

if there’s a hot defensive candidate right now in the league, it’s likely Demeco Ryans…

Last edited:
yes thanks. Hightower was the main inside linebacker and Mayo only played 6 games in 2014. Also that defense had Revis and of course won by Malcolm Butler. But Mayo’s coaching trajectory is different from say a Mike Vrabel who was an instrumental smart linebacker on multiple SB winners. Or a Brian Flores who won a SB ring as the actual defensive play caller and had been a Patriots staff member for 10 years. Mayo was part of the ringless soft defense Patriots period, wasn’t a main defender on a champion, nor a main coach on a winner. He’s coached a couple years. But I’m sure he gives great speeches in the locker room….

if there’s a hot defensive candidate right now in the league, it’s likely Demeco Ryans…
I have listened to complaints all season about the brain drain on the offensive side of the ball and the lack of continuity, but here we are advocating for doing it to the defensive side now. What are we doing (JE11)

I have listened to complaints all season about the brain drain on the offensive side of the ball and the lack of continuity, but here we are advocating for doing it to the defensive side now. What are we doing (JE11)
It's on-brand. Advocate for these people to leave, so the team gets REALLY bad, so they'll have years of righteous complaining ahead of them, guaranteed.

It's on-brand. Advocate for these people to leave, so the team gets REALLY bad, so they'll have years of righteous complaining ahead of them, guaranteed.

Nope

The focus should be on repairing a bunch of things on the offensive side of the ball first. Get Bill O’Brien to sign first as OC, and fix the OLine coach and QB coach first. The defense is strong and my case is Steve Belichick is behind most of it, so let’s not go overboard as if keeping Mayo is the savior

This reminds me of the chatter to chase yet another WR or TE. How about fix the obvious holes first. Priority should not be to bend over backwards to keep Mayo

replied above, no need to post the same thing twice. I’m sure Mayo is an awesome person and speaker, just saying we should be on the phone with BOB asap and get him to sign as the bigger priority right now. Focus should be in the right place

Nope

The focus should be on repairing a bunch of things on the offensive side of the ball first. Get Bill O’Brien to sign first as OC, and fix the OLine coach and QB coach first. The defense is strong and my case is Steve Belichick is behind most of it, so let’s not go overboard as if keeping Mayo is the savior

This reminds me of the chatter to chase yet another WR or TE. How about fix the obvious holes first. Priority should not be to bend over backwards to keep Mayo
The internet is forever, mah dude.

They are going after BoB. It’s Bill’s top priority according to the reports so relax DKF.

Was hoping they'd go for someone new, but BB likes familiarity, my only question now is, if BoB is appointed, who becomes the heir presumptive at OC?

Okay, we get it. Mayo is not your binky, Steve Belichick is. Therefore you must IGNORE all the ridiculously positive information about him and spend your time ripping Mayo.

Can we ask you to limit repeating the above with slightly different words to less than 20 more posts?

Back