The Patriots 2023 Preseason Thread - OTAs and Mini Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all the people going to the game tonight have a good time, and the weather's decent. Have fun!

79 points in 4 games is essentially 20 per. That's just a FG less than the average ppg in the NFL in 2021.
Of course, they were playing all four against winning teams, not to mention against the #1, #1, #9, and #16 scoring defenses - scoring at or above those defenses' season average in 3 of the 4 games, BTW - in December.

Or were you blaming the 140 points against on Mac?
Mac had 7 picks and a fumble in those 4 games.

FOXBORO — Rookie wide receiver Demario Douglas’ 1-on-1 drills have been must-watch spectacles through the first two weeks of training camp.

Douglas is undefeated — a perfect 8-for-8 — in the drills so far.

Does anybody besides me find it surprising that after two weeks of camp Davis, and everybody else, has only 8 or so 1 on 1s?

Good God, when I was in HS, I had more than that in one practice. They'd stand there and scream until you could barely stabd up.

This is an example of how desperate we all are for football news.

So, let's hope Demario (i'm not calling him Pop until he does something nick worthy) can get open tonight and show us all that he might be for real, but the
1 on 1 stats are a bit overstated, imo, unless the gave evolves into one man football. Then, they'll be totally relevant.

Oh No you said his name!
That's the big problem, now, isn't it. I loved Brady. He gave me so much pleasure and so many good moments. But her incessant yapping and jumping on anything anyone said forced UT to put all Brady talk into a separate forum and any reference here sets off a new barrage of poisonous posts that kills discussion and makes that whole thread unusable.

As Patriots fans, we should be allowed to discuss our favorite all-time player, talk about the pros and the cons and the arc of his career. It's a real shame that we can't, that one person can negatively shape the entire forum.

Ignore doesn't work. She is so good and so clever at spinning people up that replies cause equal confusion because I see replies that make no sense without the context of what is being addressed.

Banning isn't necessary. No need to start with the nuclear option. Simple small corrections, a day or two of timeouts. It's worse in off- and pre-season. THe forum will be full of football posts when the sesaon starts.I try my best to take the forum as it is, and just skim posts, read a few, and get the hell outas quickly as possible. I'm 76 and not shouldn't be wasting any portion of my remaining time railing about things over which I have no control.

My wife tells me it's not my circus, not my monkeys. I really should listen to her more often. Like starting ten minutes ago. :doh::banghead:

That's the big problem, now, isn't it. I loved Brady. He gave me so much pleasure and so many good moments. But her incessant yapping and jumping on anything anyone said forced UT to put all Brady talk into a separate forum and any reference here sets off a new barrage of poisonous posts that kills discussion and makes that whole thread unusable. UT would have stopped her by now if he was going to do it. Some people get 100% leeway from him.

As Patriots fans, we should be allowed to discuss our favorite all-time player, talk about the pros and the cons and the arc of his career. It's a real shame that we can't, that one person can negatively shape the entire forum. This place has a history of allowing this to happen in unlimited forms and amounts.Dud e from Arizona. Dude from Cali.. no wait...Texas.

Ignore doesn't work. She is so good and so clever at spinning people up that replies cause equal confusion because I see replies that make no sense without the context of what is being addressed. This is the ridiculous part. Bugs me too.

Banning isn't necessary. No need to start with the nuclear option. Simple small corrections, a day or two of timeouts. It's worse in off- and pre-season. THe forum will be full of football posts when the sesaon starts.I try my best to take the forum as it is, and just skim posts, read a few, and get the hell outas quickly as possible. I'm 76 and not shouldn't be wasting any portion of my remaining time railing about things over which I have no control. I don't know. He banned me from the P&R forum and refuses to respond in order to discuss it. So he has the chops if he wants to use them. Left to guess we must realize that he WANTS her here. He must think it drives up traffic. See my answer to your second paragraph.

My wife tells me it's not my circus, not my monkeys. I really should listen to her more often. Like starting ten minutes ago. :doh::banghead: The best posts are the ones that make a point and make me laugh at the same post. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back