The Patriots 2023 Preseason Thread - OTAs and Mini Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit. Season ending injury.

After just two OTA practices, the Patriots have already been hit with their first injury of the year. It’s a season-ending one too.

On Thursday, the Patriots announced they’ve placed linebacker Raekwon McMillan on IR. Jeff Howe of The Athletic later reported that McMillan suffered a partially-torn Achilles in practice, which led to the IR placement.

Shit. Season ending injury.

I feel bad for him, he can't catch a break. I didn't think that he played very well last year coming off the injury. Thought that he was half a step slow and indecisive, and was hoping to see him healthy this year...oh well.

I feel bad for him, he can't catch a break. I didn't think that he played very well last year coming off the injury. Thought that he was half a step slow and indecisive, and was hoping to see him healthy this year...oh well.
I hope this is not career ending, but it certainly looks like it at this point.

I actually thought he was pretty good relative to the end-of-the-roster LBs we usually have. He did make a couple of nice plays here and there.

Anyhow, it did clear a path for Marte Mapu to maybe get more snaps, assuming he can get himself healthy by TC after undergoing surgery.

Today is the 1st day the media gets to see the Pats practice. Lots of storylines for us today.

I'll be most interested to see where Joe Judge is on the field in his new position as Asst. Head Coach. STs is my guess. I don't want to see him anywhere near our offense.

Today is the 1st day the media gets to see the Pats practice. Lots of storylines for us today.

I'll be most interested to see where Joe Judge is on the field in his new position as Asst. Head Coach. STs is my guess. I don't want to see him anywhere near our offense.
If he is coaching anything related to offense we need to question BB’s soundness of mind.

He is the GOAT and that will not change but that would be a huge red flag as to current fitness as HC.

I don’t expect to Judge near the O.

If he is coaching anything related to offense we need to question BB’s soundness of mind.

He is the GOAT and that will not change but that would be a huge red flag as to current fitness as HC.

I don’t expect to Judge near the O.
I tend to think the assistant head coach label is just so he can stay around BB to try to learn what he obviously didn't before.

One storyline that I would most like to read is a clear organizational emphasis to develop the gifted, young offensive
speed guys on the roster to get away from the issues we've had with slower guys unable to get separation.

So, give me some Tyquan making great strides to send a message, Pierre Strong showing great hands and getting featured on 3rd down and Kayshon Boutte
running and cutting without any hesitation and driving our DBs nuts. Throw in some increased gadget snaps for Marcus Jones and Demarrio Davis getting looks
as a traditional Patriots slot guy.

I know that all of these things are unlikely to happen and we'll probably see more of Juju, Mondre, Gesicki et al and the rest of the guys that already know what
they are doing, but I'm going to keep a candle burning for at least some of the above to happen. It would send a message that before long we'll be watching an Offense
that will need a much different adjective to describe it: dynamic.

Maybe basic competency isn't the best we get to hope for in 2023.

Adam Sandler Water GIF

One storyline that I would most like to read is a clear organizational emphasis to develop the gifted, young offensive
speed guys on the roster to get away from the issues we've had with slower guys unable to get separation.

So, give me some Tyquan making great strides to send a message, Pierre Strong showing great hands and getting featured on 3rd down and Kayshon Boutte
running and cutting without any hesitation and driving our DBs nuts. Throw in some increased gadget snaps for Marcus Jones and Demarrio Davis getting looks
as a traditional Patriots slot guy.

I know that all of these things are unlikely to happen and we'll probably see more of Juju, Mondre, Gesicki et al and the rest of the guys that already know what
they are doing, but I'm going to keep a candle burning for at least some of the above to happen. It would send a message that before long we'll be watching an Offense
that will need a much different adjective to describe it: dynamic.

Maybe basic competency isn't the best we get to hope for in 2023.

All this too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back