The Patriots Planet POTUS campaign

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Let's say that we are all running for POTUS in 2012, and you were asked to present the 3-5 main points of your agenda are.

Try and be specific...not rant about anything, just what your FIRST 3-5 policy initiatives would be.

Here are my 3...

1. Create a Constitutional Amendment that limits spending.

The government budget may grow by no more than 10% of the previous year, less the % interest of the budget paid to the current debt.
If more than 10% of revenue pays into interest on the debt, the budget must be CUT by the difference.
I.E. If we pay 30% of the revenues to interest on debt...the budget must be CUT 20%.
Excesses created by such budget cuts would be Constitutionally required to go toward the debt to pay it down.

2. Eliminate ALL Federal Taxes and institute a national VAT tax...all revenue would be generated via VAT tax, and no taxes would need to be filed by anyone but businesses. No individual would have to pay taxes, file taxes, or be subject to audit.
EDIT: Exemption on food and medication.

3. Make a Constitutional amendment that says the Federal Government may not write, create, preserve, or pass into law ANY legislation that pertains to government employees, and not the general public, and vice versa.
This includes benefits, entitlements, and tax law.
Any law currently exclusive to government employees, or exempts government employees from current law, must expire within 5 years of passage of the amendment.

4. Elected officials of the Senate and Congress have their income fixed at the rate of their first term for the duration of their service.
They may leave the position for a minimum period of 1 term, and should they be elected again, their income will be fixed at the current rate.
This means that if you serve 40 years, your income will remain fixed for 40 years and never increase.
The salary of elected officials may never grow more than the median income of the nation annually as a %.
This is to facilitate a soft "term limit", or..for those who truly wish to serve, they may remain indefinitely if thei constituency wishes them to stay.

4. The Baron Doctrine would be in place for the Armed Services:

this is the Baron doctrine on warfare:

1. Identify the enemy

2. Pre-select an indigenous body to assume control of the nation/state.

3. Apply overwhelming force

4. Apply Superior technology

5. Remove the enemy's will or ability to combat using unmitigated violence.

6. Put indigenous body in charge and supplied with whatever weapons, hardware, technology, and monies required for them to maintain order.

7. Exit

The Armed Services would never be activated except to kill people and break things...never as peacekeepers or humanitarian missions.

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
1. Nationalize the NFL and mandate a 15-yard penalty for the 'Manning face'

2. Nuke the New York Jets

3. Send the Navy Seals after Ken Holland (for Dave)

4. I guess I'd do some of that government stuff too :D

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Reaction score
1. recall all non-engaed U.S. troops from Europe and Asia. End all action in Iraq and Afghanistan and recall those troops within 12 months

2. overturn all remaining unfunded liabilities from the "stimulus" bill

3. Baron's tax restructure

4. overturn any legislation releated to this disastorous health care bill

benhamean

Reaction score
If elected I will:
1. Pull the plug on your granny
2. Collect all your guns
3. Resdistribute all your wealth
4. Surrender to and/or appease all our enemies (real or perceived)
5. Indoctrinate your children
6. Eliminate you completely (if you are white)

Happy Holidays! :)

Reaction score
If elected I will:
1. Pull the plug on your granny
2. Collect all your guns
3. Resdistribute all your wealth
4. Surrender to and/or appease all our enemies (real or perceived)
5. Indoctrinate your children
6. Eliminate you completely (if you are white)

Happy Holidays! :)

benhamean is Obama???? :eek:

benhamean

Reaction score

Someone has stolen the pillars of my candidacy?!!!?
Let me try and different tack, then.
If elected I will:
1. Convert a budget surplus to a deficit
2. Launch a war on money borrowed from China searching for non-existent WMD.
3. Allow North Korea to gain nuclear weapons, and allow significant progress by Iran toward the same.
4. Increase the size of government under the guise of 'conservatism'
5. Implement a torture program
6. Punt all these proplems to my successor!

Darth Despot

Not a real 'Merican - apparently
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
1. The federal government will be responsible for
a. National defense - Including responding to national disasters
b. Interstate and international trade - including banking and the securities industry and the Fed
c. We are keeping National Parks because I like them
Everything else goes back to the state and local governments.

2. We will be quitting the UN and NATO, National Defense means National Defense, we are not defending Europe, Africa or any other nation.

3. We will trade with anyone who wants to trade with us. If the guys running the country in question are bad guys then you as a citizen are free to boycott their goods. The internal affairs of other nations are up the the citizens of said nations to deal with.

4. This radically downsized federal government will be funded by a national sales tax. States are free to tax however they see fit. There will be NO state aid.

benhamean

Reaction score
:toast:

If I was Obama, I would be acting to erase embarrassing errors in my candidacy by creating an additional 7 states to bring the total to 57:

Delawelfare
New Massico
Arugulazona
Nairobi Hampshire
Deathpanelahoma
South CaroYOULIE!na
Flagpinsylvania

A snide comment in every pot and a hidden prgogeny-bankrupting fee in every garage!

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Someone has stolen the pillars of my candidacy?!!!?
Let me try and different tack, then.
If elected I will:
1. Convert a budget surplus to a deficit
2. Launch a war on money borrowed from China searching for non-existent WMD.
3. Allow North Korea to gain nuclear weapons, and allow significant progress by Iran toward the same.
4. Increase the size of government under the guise of 'conservatism'
5. Implement a torture program
6. Punt all these proplems to my successor!

You're Clinton?!

(Well, referring to #3. He blatantly did #4, was a military failure in reference to #5, and led that weakness to lead to 9/11, etc, so #6 as well)

OP
Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I see a lot of SPAM rather than ideas.

Thanks to those who posted actual mandates.

No thanks to the intellectually vacant SPAM.

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
b. Interstate and international trade - including banking and the securities industry and the Fed

2. We will be quitting the UN and NATO, National Defense means National Defense, we are not defending Europe, Africa or any other nation.

3. We will trade with anyone who wants to trade with us. If the guys running the country in question are bad guys then you as a citizen are free to boycott their goods. The internal affairs of other nations are up the the citizens of said nations to deal with.

4. This radically downsized federal government will be funded by a national sales tax. States are free to tax however they see fit. There will be NO state aid.
Why aren't you running for office?

Seriously, BD stole all my thunder here. Although I'm going to add a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget (except for military spending in times of a DECLARED war)

EDIT: Ohh one more thing.

Any congressman who attempts to attach a "rider" to another unrelated bill will be sentanced to two years in the darkest dankest hole Gitmo has to offer.

Waterboarding optional.

benhamean

Reaction score
I see a lot of SPAM rather than ideas.

Thanks to those who posted actual mandates.

No thanks to the intellectually vacant SPAM.

You may want to direct this to the politicians of both major political parties- because that kind of unsubstantive tripe has been the near totality of political discourse for several cycles now.

Try to come with a concept longer than 4 words to describe and you've lost 80% of the public to ADHD. The 20% who bothers to analyze it in more depth is in a hardened political corner already and will vote blue or red no matter what 'platform' is offered.

</CYNICISMMODE>

BradyLady12

Give me liberty!
Reaction score

Not bad except for banking, and the Fed. Sorry Fed needs to go.
Banking should be private and free. Interstate commerce laws can apply though.

I'd at least make the parks constitutional rather than abolish them

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Let's say that we are all running for POTUS in 2012, and you were asked to present the 3-5 main points of your agenda are.

Try and be specific...not rant about anything, just what your FIRST 3-5 policy initiatives would be.

Here are my 3...

1. Create ...
2. Eliminate ...
3. Make ...
4. Elected ...
4. The ...
The TipRoast platform would remove the privilege to vote from anyone who can be proven to be innumerate. :D

Darth Despot

Not a real 'Merican - apparently
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
I think it's only fair to put up the stuff in my platform that's going to piss off the conservatives.

1. If states extend benefits to married couples then the same benefits must be available to same sex couples.

2. There will be an inviolate wall of separation between church and state. This includes NO DIRECT PAYMENTS of government money to any religious group. Affiliated non-profits are OK but there can be no proselytizing as a condition of assistance.

3. Mandatory minimum sentences will be declared illegal. If you think the judge is too lenient then replace him or her, but justice requires judgment.

4. States may NOT outlaw personal weapons, but if the choose they MAY require reasonable licensing and training standards. This would include the ability to deny the right to carry from any convicted felon.

5. Weed is legal

6. Puerto Rico would get a choice. Statehood or independence.

7. I would actually seek to make the North American Union a reality by offering annexation and statehood to both Mexico and Canada. They are free to accept or reject. Should Mexico accept the Central American nations would receive the same offer.

8. I would normalize relations with Cuba, statehood would be offered in 10 years. By then they'll be more capitalist than Viet Nam

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
I think it's only fair to put up the stuff in my platform that's going to piss off the conservatives.

1. If states extend benefits to married couples then the same benefits must be available to same sex couples.

Awesome

2. There will be an inviolate wall of separation between church and state. This includes NO DIRECT PAYMENTS of government money to any religious group. Affiliated non-profits are OK but there can be no proselytizing as a condition of assistance.

I'd like to hear more, but overall I think I like where this is heading

3. Mandatory minimum sentences will be declared illegal. If you think the judge is too lenient then replace him or her, but justice requires judgment.

More win

4. States may NOT outlaw personal weapons, but if the choose they MAY require reasonable licensing and training standards. This would include the ability to deny the right to carry from any convicted felon.

Win

5. Weed is legal

Win

6. Puerto Rico would get a choice. Statehood or independence.

I'm not opposed to this perse, would like to hear more as to why that is neccesary.

7. I would actually seek to make the North American Union a reality by offering annexation and statehood to both Mexico and Canada. They are free to accept or reject. Should Mexico accept the Central American nations would receive the same offer.

This might be the one thing I disagree with you on. At the very least, I'd like to hear alot more about the consequences of this as well as the details of how you want to work out it. But I would be willing to listen

8. I would normalize relations with Cuba, statehood would be offered in 10 years. By then they'll be more capitalist than Viet Nam

Finish up with some more win.
My responses in red. I guess I'm not a conservative either.

:sulk:

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different

This might be the one thing I disagree with you on. At the very least, I'd like to hear alot more about the consequences of this as well as the details of how you want to work out it. But I would be willing to listen
It's the next big step toward a single world government.