The Power Of Being Able To Stitch A Story (Easterby)

Very interesting but even more disturbing to me. Easterby is as devious as he is ambitious and that's a dangerous combination.
Easterby brought a reputation of being highly ambitious when he got to the Pats. As a character guy he helped get the team through the APerp ordeal but people told me he wanted to be more than a Chaplain/Character guy. BB knew his history and his ambition so in the right role he'd be valuable. So BB limited his role which was a smart thing imo. After 6 years, Easterby knew a lot about the internal goings-on with the Patriots. When he left many in the FO and Robert Kraft thought good riddance. In their minds he was a backstabbing hypocrit.
Within days of leaving he managed to alienate himself more completely; the Pats were pissed that he joined the Texans and tried to take Caserio with him. Some think he was the mole for the article about the discord between Brady, BB and Kraft. From what I've heard, I'm sure he was a major contributor. I was glad when left tbh.

“Jack is not a personnel person, no,” Belichick said, via Brandon Kyle Scott of SportsRadio 610.
Ouch. That said, Belichick isn’t wrong — Easterby had no previous experience even working in football operations before taking on his current role with the Texans. Houston is likely to hire a permanent GM this offseason, and Belichick’s assessment is a key reason why.

Admittedly, Belichick has some previous reason to be a little bit shady when it comes to the Texans.

Last edited:
Very interesting but even more disturbing to me. Easterby is as devious as he is ambitious and that's a dangerous combination.
Easterby brought a reputation of being highly ambitious when he got to the Pats. As a character guy he helped get the team through the APerp ordeal but people told me he wanted to be more than a Chaplain/Character guy. BB knew his history and his ambition so in the right role he'd be valuable. So BB limited his role which was a smart thing imo. After 6 years, Easterby knew a lot about the internal goings-on with the Patriots. When he left many in the FO and Robert Kraft thought good riddance. In their minds he was a backstabbing hypocrit.
Within days of leaving he managed to alienate himself more completely; the Pats were pissed that he joined the Texans and tried to take Caserio with him. Some think he was the mole for the article about the discord between Brady, BB and Kraft. From what I've heard, I'm sure he was a major contributor. I was glad when left tbh.

“Jack is not a personnel person, no,” Belichick said, via Brandon Kyle Scott of SportsRadio 610.
Ouch. That said, Belichick isn’t wrong — Easterby had no previous experience even working in football operations before taking on his current role with the Texans. Houston is likely to hire a permanent GM this offseason, and Belichick’s assessment is a key reason why.

Admittedly, Belichick has some previous reason to be a little bit shady when it comes to the Texans.
It's like he studied to become a cult leader or something nefarious like that.

I agree, it is an interesting story.

Easterby is the NFL equivalent of a TV preacher.

"The LORRRRRDDD spake unto me and told me to deliver his message DIRECTLY to you for a low, low price".

I used to work with a nice girl who I always thought was a smart person until she revealed to me that she and her Mom used to watch one of those dudes while holding hands and crying.

I couldn't think of a polite way to respond, so I just said "You've got to be shitting me". She wasn't.

He also manages to have the owner's ear. Sounds messy to me, but that's where the power is! 😁

Back