The Rain Factor on Thursday Night

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
It looks like it's gonna be raining tomorrow night in Foxboro.

The latest from the Weather Channel had it with 60% chance of showers, and with a lot of rain during the day.

Who, if anyone, does that favor?

I'm tempted to say the Hated MFing Jets, sicne they have Thomas Jones (4.7 ave) and Leon Washington, but Law Firm can run the rock too.

I have no idea if Cassel can function well in the rain and I'm guessing he hasn't had to deal with that a lot in the past.

I have no idea if Cassel can function well in the rain and I'm guessing he hasn't had to deal with that a lot in the past.

I think I read that he played in a rainy game his sophomore year (HS) and won.

SOB it's a good thing then i taking the Train up to the game.

I hate to say it but I feel it favors the MFJ's.

Last time I went to see the JETS in Foxboro it was pouring and we got our asses kicked. That was the day before they put in the new turf.

I am not really sure what will happen tomorrow night

It favors us, the ball will be slippery and cause Favre to throw three more INTs.

Unless it is a driving rainstorm, I think it is of minimal advantage/disadvantage to either squad.

It should help the pats Cassel throws a lot of less than 10 yards passes. the running game has been greating better. knowing brett favre he going to try and force a couple of throws into coverage like he always does.

I think I read that he played in a rainy game his sophomore year (HS) and won.

If that’s true that’s good news, that was not to many games ago:D

With light wind and good footing, I don't think it will an issue either way.

I think the dude with grey pubes will throw some picks because of rain if it gets bad.

Who does the rain favor?

When the Pats pass: PATRIOTS (look for short passes from Cassell)
When the Jets pass: PATRIOTS (look for DUMB, slippery passes from Favre)
When the Pats run: PICK'EM
When the Jets run: JETS

2-1-1 in favor of the Pats. Game's at home so add that in as an advantage. 3-1-1 in favor of the Pats.

I chose 'pick'em" when the Pats run because depending on conditions, Moss might not be double-teamed in this one. Also, I can see the Pats utilizing Faulk and Welker for short gains as much as they'll look to run. If it's a driving rain, the NYJ might be better suited double-teaming Welker than Moss.

Doesn't matter. Don't they switch the balls on every down when it rains? And it's not like there will be any mud.

Favors the Jets. They have a better running game than we do. They have a more experianced QB than we do.

I already took the Jets in my pool getting 3 1/2.:banghead:

Last time I went to see the JETS in Foxboro it was pouring and we got our asses kicked. That was the day before they put in the new turf.

I am not really sure what will happen tomorrow night

Yeah but the last time I saw the Jets play the Pats was last year, and it was that game where it was freezing rain and sleet and snow (late Dec.). What a crappy day that was! But the Pats pulled it out, I think 20-10. Both teams blocked a punt! The Jets first for a score, and then later the Pats. I think they ended up scoring too.

So it won't be as cold tomorrow as it was last year, We'll see how it goes!

It should help the pats Cassel throws a lot of less than 10 yards passes. the running game has been greating better. knowing brett favre he going to try and force a couple of throws into coverage like he always does.

Oh no....you know what this reminds me of? When we always say "Pennington (now with the Dolphins) can't throw the ball more than, oh, 15 yards!" Is that how we feel about Matt Cassel? After all, he hasn't attempted many long ones. Although he did have that one bomb to Moss for a td, and that play against the Chiefs where he threw it from his endzone, and fairly far, to Moss for that great "season saving (if you ask me)" play.

Oh no....you know what this reminds me of? When we always say "Pennington (now with the Dolphins) can't throw the ball more than, oh, 15 yards!" Is that how we feel about Matt Cassel? After all, he hasn't attempted many long ones. Although he did have that one bomb to Moss for a td, and that play against the Chiefs where he threw it from his endzone, and fairly far, to Moss for that great "season saving (if you ask me)" play.

I don't think he's saying Cassel CAN'T throw that pass (like Pennington Can't), it's that he DOESN'T throw that pass often, and throws the short to intermediate stuff far more.

A hefty percentage of that is because of playcalling. I'm convinced of that now. Between the mind-numbingly conservative play-calling in the red zone; and the just-now opening of the playbook between the 20s, we STILL haven't seen what Cassel can do with all the bullets in his gun.

Sorry, but if you think Favre will be affected by a wet ball more than another QB, you're mistaken. He's played in more wet and cold weather than even I can count (and that's a lot). That won't faze him in the least.

Now, him making a bad decision and trying to force a pass where it shouldn't go? THAT I would count on! :thumb:

Back