The Remembrance Thread

Well, my grandma passed away last night. I am just glad that she is no longer in any pain. I will always remember her stories that she told me. She was the strongest person I have ever known and am so happy to have had her in my life and sharing her name. She will be missed

Sagapo yiayia :heart:

So sorry to hear of your loss TBL. Grandma's are always very special, aren't they? Big hugs to you. May all your memories bring you comfort.

TBL sorry it took me to today to see that your grandmother had past. I'm am sorry to hear and prayers for you and your family. Cherish that ring.

It's funny, as time goes on I find myself thinking about you more and more. I almost forgot that you were gone today while I was at the mall, I found something that I thought you'd love, picked it up and was going to get it for you for Christmas, but then it hit me.

Like I said, I think about you all the time, your sister and I somehow mention you every single day in one way or another. It's kinda like when you were still here.

This holiday season has already been kind of strange with you gone, and I know it's only gonna get worse.

We miss you kid, part of me still can't believe that you're gone. If I could I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Because what happened wasn't right, and it wasn't fair. You were much too young, and you'd already been through so much.

I love you, and miss you more and more every single day.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

It's funny, as time goes on I find myself thinking about you more and more. I almost forgot that you were gone today while I was at the mall, I found something that I thought you'd love, picked it up and was going to get it for you for Christmas, but then it hit me.

Like I said, I think about you all the time, your sister and I somehow mention you every single day in one way or another. It's kinda like when you were still here.

This holiday season has already been kind of strange with you gone, and I know it's only gonna get worse.

We miss you kid, part of me still can't believe that you're gone. If I could I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Because what happened wasn't right, and it wasn't fair. You were much too young, and you'd already been through so much.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

+1

I lost my dad a few years ago. Greatest man I've ever known.

Take care Kiddo.

~Me

:hug:

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks for the message last night. I'm glad to know that you're okay, and that you're happy where you are.

We still miss you though, still think about you everyday.

~Me

What can I say? It's been almost a year and the wounds are still fresh.

Your birthday has come and gone, and sentences have been handed down.

18 months just doesn't seem right.

Not for what he did to you.

Your light forever extinguished, our hearts forever broken.

I love you, and miss you. And I hope that you can help us through the upcoming anniversery and all the pain that will come with it.

Always thinking of you,

~Me

my dad's passed yesterday afternoon at 3:30 pm. He had been struggling with long term ailments that were exacerbated by a fall in mid April. My father fought long and hard against these afflictions, getting to the point of a rehabilitation hospital where during his first few days, he managed to walk again, even if for a few short steps. My dad was a fighter, who never backed down from a challenge.
In a strange twist of fate, he passed on in a nursing home. Earlier in life, my dad had remodelled a couple nursing homes and I often saw him bringing things to the residents there, standing for them, and helping them in any way he could, financially and emotionally. It was normal for him to take a Saturday and go to their home to build a ramp for access, re-work a few doors so the chair would fit. This helping out was rewarded in a way as the woman who admitted him remembered this stuff from when she was a nurse and it was her patients he helped out.

now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes

so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

now Dad was not flawless, actually far from it but it is funny how you tend to forget that stuff, or choose not to remember, when a person passes

so right now he is waiting for Peter to let him in and on the otherside of the gate is Mom, cast iron frying pan in hand ready to keep the old bastard in line

Probably because none of us are flawless :). I remember you talking about him at one of the tailgates, how stubborn he was!

Condolences Mike :hug:

my dad's passed yesterday afternoon at 3:30 pm. He had been struggling with long term ailments that were exacerbated by a fall in mid April. My father fought long and hard against these afflictions, getting to the point of a rehabilitation hospital where during his first few days, he managed to walk again, even if for a few short steps. My dad was a fighter, who never backed down from a challenge.
In a strange twist of fate, he passed on in a nursing home. Earlier in life, my dad had remodelled a couple nursing homes and I often saw him bringing things to the residents there, standing for them, and helping them in any way he could, financially and emotionally. It was normal for him to take a Saturday and go to their home to build a ramp for access, re-work a few doors so the chair would fit. This helping out was rewarded in a way as the woman who admitted him remembered this stuff from when she was a nurse and it was her patients he helped out.

Mikie I am sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you and your family. *big hugs* to you :heart:

It was with great sadness that I lost my 32 year old brother a few years back from leukemia. It is such a hard thing...Now we just try to celebrate his life rather than our loss. It takes time to heal. I never thought there would be days that I wouldn't think of him, but now a few go by. It is very powerful though when I do remember him. We will pray for you and that you can take solace in the loving memories you have.

Mikie I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know there are no words right now.

I know it's taken me a bit to post in here to remember my dad. The hurt and disbelief that this had happened wouldn't even allow me to click the reply button in this thread. With that being said.

RIP and in memory of my dad who passed on May 11, 2009. A loving husband and father to three and gradfather to 8. You will be missed dearly. I thank him for what I am today.

My dad not only made men out of me and my brother but my uncles also. You see my mothers dad passed when as the oldest of 6 was only 27 years old. My father started a business that put all of her brothers and brother in laws to work at a young age for all of them. None of them had any idea what they would do in life much less have a steady trade to work in. He gave an entire family a trade and to this day everyone of them are still in the same field. So he took an entire family on his shoulders back in 1982 and carried that burden for 27 years. I can only hope to be the man he was, whit every person that I meet in my lifetime.

to all the young children who did not wake up this morning for whatever reasons

hug your kids

Still miss you. Still think about you. Still love you. Still can't believe you're gone.

Back