The Remembrance Thread

12 years, can it really be that long? Man what I wouldn't give for a few hours of time, just to listen to you, pay attention to every word if advice.

It shocks me that another year has slipped by.

Somewhere along the line I found the will to move on, I imagine you had something to do with that from wherever you are.

I know the day will come when I will see you again, and that will be a joyous day...

But not yet.

For my beloved wife, who passed on Oct 28, 2010 of Breast Cancer.

This Oct 6th would have been our 45th anniversary.

I miss you Cheryl.

:frown:

I would say my dad who died when I was five.

Someone onec asked me how can it still effect me after all these years she did not believe I would still get emotional but I do

The very first sentence of this post I say aloud and I tear up. I miss him and wish I had more time with him. Need to stop now. :(

Overseas jobs

Interested for Overseas Jobs we are here to help you to make your dreams come true.If you have capability and you are ambitious than we will you to get Jobs in abroad.

Interested for Overseas Jobs we are here to help you to make your dreams come true.If you have capability and you are ambitious than we will you to get Jobs in abroad.
Yes I want a job. Ive always wanted to be a Super Model. Do you have any openings?

Yes I want a job. Ive always wanted to be a Super Model. Do you have any openings?

You need to work out at that new gym to get rid of your moobs first. ROFL

You need to work out at that new gym to get rid of your moobs first. ROFL
Don't laugh at me!!! You have no idea how sexy I am!!!!:mad:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3QRy-PEgbls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:coffee:

Happy Birthday Bud,

I can't really wrap my arms around five years. I guess I feel it in the morning that I'm getting older. Keep watching over us and keep us safe, especially your brother and sister. Hug everyone on that side of the veil for me. See you soon, in the scheme of things.

Love you forever

Happy Birthday Bud,

I can't really wrap my arms around five years. I guess I feel it in the morning that I'm getting older. Keep watching over us and keep us safe, especially your brother and sister. Hug everyone on that side of the veil for me. See you soon, in the scheme of things.

Love you forever

My family has suffered the loss of a true American hero recently, one that spent many holidays with growing up, a Bronze Star soldier. I knew him as "Uncle Sandy".

In the end, he was suffereing terribly, so his passing is a blessing, but has left a hole in the family that will remain.

I will post his obit here, in honor of his memory, and all those who serve the armed forces today.

Theodore Frederick Sands Obituary
January 13, 1941 – November 8, 2016

Ted Sands, formerly of Winchester, New Hampshire, was born into the Sac and Fox Tribe in Des Moines Iowa on the 13th of January in 1941, and passed away in Gulf Breeze, Florida, at the age of 75, on November 8, 2016.

His life was led by an iron will and strength of character, yet he had a gentle caring nature that is hard to match. To those who served with him during his military career he was a hero, having served two tours in Vietnam, and retired as a 1st Sergeant, having earned a Bronze Star medal. He didn’t want to go back for the second tour, but felt it was his obligation to help save at least some of the young soldiers who fought in that terrible war. We recognize his honorable service to our country and thank him for being a father who taught his children how to be strong. We will miss him and look forward to seeing him again when the Lord calls us home. His body which endured much pain and suffering from Agent Orange poisoning can now find rest. We love you Dad and are blessed to have spent our lives with you!

Ted is survived by Irene, his devoted and loving wife of 37 years; his children, Michelle, Debbie, and Jason; daughter in-law, Caryn, sons-in-law, Ed and Mark; seven grandchildren; his many nieces and nephews; and the mother of his children; June Simmons. A special thank you to Irene DelBono (niece), who has been a true blessing to our family through this time.

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/florida/milton/lewis-funeral-home/theodore-sands/2769094/

Incidentally, my Uncle Sandy was from the same tribe as Jim Thorpe.

My family has suffered the loss of a true American hero recently, one that spent many holidays with growing up, a Bronze Star soldier. I knew him as "Uncle Sandy".

In the end, he was suffereing terribly, so his passing is a blessing, but has left a hole in the family that will remain.

I will post his obit here, in honor of his memory, and all those who serve the armed forces today.

Theodore Frederick Sands Obituary
January 13, 1941 – November 8, 2016

Ted Sands, formerly of Winchester, New Hampshire, was born into the Sac and Fox Tribe in Des Moines Iowa on the 13th of January in 1941, and passed away in Gulf Breeze, Florida, at the age of 75, on November 8, 2016.

His life was led by an iron will and strength of character, yet he had a gentle caring nature that is hard to match. To those who served with him during his military career he was a hero, having served two tours in Vietnam, and retired as a 1st Sergeant, having earned a Bronze Star medal. He didn’t want to go back for the second tour, but felt it was his obligation to help save at least some of the young soldiers who fought in that terrible war. We recognize his honorable service to our country and thank him for being a father who taught his children how to be strong. We will miss him and look forward to seeing him again when the Lord calls us home. His body which endured much pain and suffering from Agent Orange poisoning can now find rest. We love you Dad and are blessed to have spent our lives with you!

Ted is survived by Irene, his devoted and loving wife of 37 years; his children, Michelle, Debbie, and Jason; daughter in-law, Caryn, sons-in-law, Ed and Mark; seven grandchildren; his many nieces and nephews; and the mother of his children; June Simmons. A special thank you to Irene DelBono (niece), who has been a true blessing to our family through this time.

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/florida/milton/lewis-funeral-home/theodore-sands/2769094/

Incidentally, my Uncle Sandy was from the same tribe as Jim Thorpe.

I just saw this. I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, he was a true American hero.

Just six months since lost our sister Kathy. A wonderful sister. An amazing. gifted, loving woman. I, we, miss her so.

BostonTim

It's been a rough month and a half. A friend of mine from school was killed in the Oakland warehouse fire in December and I've struggled with the loss. She was an amazing woman who had the ability to make you feel like you were the most important person in the room...while making everyone else in the room feel the same way. She had a real zest for life and could brighten anyone's day with that amazing smile of hers. RIP Amanda, always in our hearts.

Back