The Rock Instrumentals Thread

I have a lot of favorites in this category, and I'm hoping people will post some great songs that I don't know about.

Because there's so many outstanding rock instrumentals, it was easy to decide to start this thread, but it was much harder to pick out the song I wanted to use to kick things off.

I settled on this one, because I think it's a little less well-known than some of the other songs that I (and I hope others) will be posting later.

Song: Sunny Side Of Heaven
Artist: Fleetwood Mac

Great threat dew! You truly have an open mind...most of us do appreciate your mad skills here!

More reviews:

RoadNasty: Golden Rainbows by Alphonse Mouzon - HSWAGS

RoadNasty: Grand Larcency by Sea Level - WLTA

RoadNasty: Malibu by Full Moon - WLTA

AkPatsFan: La Villa Strangiato by Rush - WLTA (I've been listening to more Rush lately; always had a thing for power trios)

AkPatsFan: In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - HSWAGS (I would have posted this if you hadn't got to it first; one of my all-time favorite ABB songs)

RoadNasty: SuperStrut by Deodata - HSWAGS (I like the studio version a little better)

johnlocke: Kaiowas by Sepultra - WLTA

RoadNasty: Alborada by Neil Larsen - WLTA

Shirtsleeve: Eruption by Van Halen - NMCOT

Splunge52: Into The Lungs Of Hell by Megadeth - WLTA

johnlocke: (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth by Metallica - WLTA (this is on the boundary of stuff I like, but might be worth another listen)

Splunge52: Stream Of Consciousness by Dream Theater - NMCOT

RoadNasty: Heaven Stone / Way Of The Sun by Jade Warrior - HSWAGS

RoadNasty: Touch by John Klemmer - WLTA++

Okay Tip. I didn't want to spam your thread, and you didn't like the previous Zappa I gave you, but you seemed to like Black Napkins in this thread, so I thought I'd give you one more of Frank. Another highly regarded guitar instrumental.

This one is called Watermelon in Easter Hay.

View: https://youtu.be/-_X7JACghBg

Last edited:
More reviews - sorry for the delay, sometimes my vocation interrupts my avocation:

Undertaker #59: Watermelon In Easter Hay by Frank Zappa - WLTA - I'm starting to see hear why Zappa has such loyal fans

RoadNasty: Can I Make It Last (Or Will It Just Be Over) by Boz Scaggs - WLTA - at times, it reminded a little bit of Van Morrison's instrumental Scandinavia

RoadNasty: Soul Sacrifice by Santana - HSWAGS - I've been a huge Santana fan since high school (when dinosaurs roamed the Earth)

RoadNasty: Melting Pot by Booker T and the MGs - WLTA

RoadNasty: Back Country by Steve Kindler - WLTA - I see he was in the Mahavishnu Orchestra at the same time as Jean-Luc Ponty

Steve1: Black Dog by Led Zeppelin - NMCOT - I've never been an LZ fan; most of their music is too choppy for me

Steve1: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman by Bryan Adams - WLTA - I kind of lost track of this guy after his first album; a mistake that I'm happy to rectify

Back