The Saints Took Our Lunch Money

Goldfishwars

Reaction score
Seriously, first Cameron Jordan, then Mark Ingram and then they had the temerity to take Greg Romeus as well. Their draft is scary good - picked up Martez Wilson and Johnny Patrick in the 3rd too.

If Jordan, Ingram and Romeus all have good seasons next year - then this won't reflect very well on BB & co in my opinion. If they all flunk, then great - but i'll be judging how successful our draft is not just by the peformance of our new inductees, but also on the players performance down in New Orleans who could have been in New England next year.

Seriously, first Cameron Jordan, then Mark Ingram and then they had the temerity to take Greg Romeus as well. Their draft is scary good - picked up Martez Wilson and Johnny Patrick in the 3rd too.

If Jordan, Ingram and Romeus all have good seasons next year - then this won't reflect very well on BB & co in my opinion. If they all flunk, then great - but i'll be judging how successful our draft is not just by the peformance of our new inductees, but also on the players performance down in New Orleans who could have been in New England next year.

That's fair if you withhold judgment until you see how the Saints 2012 first-rounder pans out.

Otherwise it just seems like you're whining because some other team took your binkies.

That's fair if you withhold judgment until you see how the Saints 2012 first-rounder pans out.

Otherwise it just seems like you're whining because some other team took your binkies.

Haha - it's a bit of both really.

Seriously, I had all three going to us and they all landed in New Orleans. I think they've been reading my posts - it's the only logical conclusion.

We'll just have to see if the the talent of the Saints and national experts matches BBs through play on the field. The tea leaves don't guarantee division championships or playoff wins.

We've already got a Mark Ingram type. We needed a faster C.O.P guy who can really light things up. I don't want to see us ever draft a RB in the first round again.

Cam Jordan isn't playing DE for us at 287lbs. Unless you enjoy playing Madden. Or watching opposing teams run on us for four quarters.

As for Romeus, he'll be on IR by week 1. Any team picking him is red-shirting him for a year. There's a reason why he dropped to the 6th round and why all 32 teams passed on him so many times.

I'm disappointed we didn't take a DE or OLB, but I'm certainly not holding up the Saints draft as some kind model to adhere to in future.

Can someone explain what the 285lb Jordan is going to do for us? to small for end, doubtfully mobile enough for elephant and not worth the shot at pick 17. At least you didn't use Ayers to suggest the missed pick like most Jets fans seem to.

Romeus, i'll give there. i wanted him, but we had our chance and we wanted Carter. Clearly his backs and knees must be very serious if he fell to the mid 7th.

Onto Ingram, i don't rate him near what ESPN and such do and he's not a amazing talent some people think. I think it that case that it was basically Veneer + a future first Ingram it's us taking the cake

...and Houston

Houston took JJ Watt at 11 and Brooks Reed at 42. :(

Hmm, 11 & 42. Sounds strangely like the 11 & 41 scenario Box or Mayo was imagining just for fun. I think someone needs to go to Vegas. :insane:

The Saints didn't take our lunch money. I learned this the hard way in the service when I was 18. Someone was always willing to lend you 20 bucks as long as you paid them back 40 on payday. You got to go out. But, tended to be broke the rest of the time. BB is like a loan shark. Oh, I'll give you 20 New Orleans. But, I'll see you on payday. FYI. I did learn my lesson after 2-3 months and learned the art of saving.

Nah. Stop whining.

The Saints had a great draft for the Saints. Kudos to them. But BB would be the first to say that he's only concerned about the Patriots, not about what other teams did. He had plenty of opportunities to get all of those players, and passed, so he obviously felt other options would make the team better. Our draft will be successful or not based solely on how the players we picked contribute to the long term success of the team, not based on how other players do.

I don't care if the Saints make the SB (I obviously do care if they win it, and at this time of year I see no reason not to assume that the Pats will be drafting 32nd). We'll end up with at worst the #31 pick in the draft from New Orleans, and looking at 2012 I'm guessing that that pick will get us a very, very good player (or a better one for 2013!). Jordan, Ingram and Romeus all address big needs for the Saints, and I'm sure they will be competitive in 2011 if we ever play football. But Atlanta and Tampa Bay had good drafts too, and the NFC South is turning into a very strong division. They'll have to play the games to see how it sorts out.

I'm not whining - this was only written tongue-in-cheek! Just found it interesting that three our 'locks' found their way on the Saints.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously? Greg Romeus may never be much of anything but an over rated plodder.
Mark Ingram may be a solid contributor for the Saints. But he will never be the big time home run hitter many seem to think he is. Take a look at this comparison
Mark Ingram 5'9" 215lbs 30 3/4-Arm Length 9 1/2-hand size 4.62/40 21-reps 31.5 -vertical.
Shane Vereen 5'10" 210lbs 30 5/8-Arm Length 9 1/2-hand size 4.50/40 31-reps 34-vertical.
How about this one
Johnny Patrick 5'10" 191lbs 30-Arm Length 8 1/4-hand size 4.55/40 13-reps 36-vertical
Ras-I Dowling 6'1" 198lbs 31-Arm Length 9 1/2-hand size 4.46/40 19-reps 40-vertical.
I think the Patriots did real well in that trade.

As I spend most of my time on ChiefsPlanet, it's refreshing to see a downtrodden fanbase, usually used to failure and stupidity, overjoicing at what they see as a very solid and impressive draft. They're all excited about their front office making smart picks, they're looking forward to the new blood coming in, they're looking forward to continuing the winning ways that Pioli and Haley started last season. It's boundless optimism in the face of years of depression and drugdery.

And then I come here after a very solid draft in which they filled positions of need, after going 14-2, after winning three Super Bowls recently, after having an excellent draft last year, on a team with the BHCE and BQE... and find bitching because they didn't take ****ing Romeus (who almost slipped to Mr. Irrelevant) and delivering ultimatums to the team about how THEY will feel about this year's draft depending upon how OTHER TEAMS' players play.

Here you go. This one's for you. Wear it with pride.

resize

Posted via Mobile Device
You can say "Jesus", all you want. But you write the above and then claim it's tongue in cheek. I know tongue-in-cheek. Tongue-in-cheek is a friend of mine. And that's not tongue in cheek. (PS - Hint, If you wanna sell something as tongue-in-cheek, don't start with Seriously)

Your comments are fine and you're entitled and all that, but dish it - take it, and don't weasel with the tongue in cheek silliness. It ain't necessary cause it's a legitimate point of view and can stand on it's own. Some just don't agree is all.

Cheers, BostonTim

I'm not whining - this was only written tongue-in-cheek! Just found it interesting that three our 'locks' found their way on the Saints.
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't it interesting that the two teams play very different systems, especially on D? What does that tell you about those players are potential Patriot's picks?

SSDD

You can say "Jesus", all you want. But you write the above and then claim it's tongue in cheek. I know tongue-in-cheek. Tongue-in-cheek is a friend of mine. And that's not tongue in cheek. (PS - Hint, If you wanna sell something as tongue-in-cheek, don't start with Seriously)

Your comments are fine and you're entitled and all that, but dish it - take it, and don't weasel with the tongue in cheek silliness. It ain't necessary cause it's a legitimate point of view and can stand on it's own. Some just don't agree is all.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ok before everyone dumps on this guy. If the pats had taken the players the saints drafted, this board would be doing cartwheels, mayo would be looking into getting on as a draft expert for espn and we would be laughing at the rest of the league as we destroyed another draft. So lets not act as thought these players were his binkys and nobody else.

Isn't it interesting that the two teams play very different systems, especially on D? What does that tell you about those players are potential Patriot's picks?

SSDD

It tells me most people on this board wanted those players until the pats didnt take them and now they are all of the sudden not right for the patriots. Thats interesting too. I am not saying they are or they are not, but lets not act as though people were not wanting these players 4 days ago.

Ok before everyone dumps on this guy. If the pats had taken the players the saints drafted, this board would be doing cartwheels, mayo would be looking into getting on as a draft expert for espn and we would be laughing at the rest of the league as we destroyed another draft. So lets not act as thought these players were his binkys and nobody else.
I need 200ccs of Kool Aid STAT!

Okay folks, Fighting Carp got it off his chest, I've done the same with Baltimore and Philadelphia in drafts past, let's not take our own frustrations out and beat him up too much and lose a welcome contributor.

Back