The Silver lining to the Red Sox' lost week-

Mr. Happy Sock

I bring absolutely nothing to the table
Reaction score
The Red Sox starting pitching is giving some pretty good starts for the most part. Beckett, Lester, and Buchholz deserved better fates than they got. I would LOVE to see this starting 3 in the Postseason reak havoc.

The Bullpen is doing a good job (for the most part) in holding games together for the sox. In the last week, they've held it together in a 13-inning game, spun 7 2/3 shutout innings in a 15 inning game, and doing a fine job in most other spots. It isn't their fault that the Sox offense is MIA.

Of course, these things mean nothing if the Offense can't buy a run, and the Sox are Letting washed up has-beens keep losing games for them.

IT's not quite panic button time just yet, however if the Sox don't figure it out quickly and start playing solid baseball again they are going to piss away the WC as fast as they pissed away the AL East lead.

I have faith in them. I KNOW they can do it. But the time has come for them to produce and stop feeling sorry for themselves; Either they are a team that can play through the adversity, or they are just a team that cant get their shit together like everyone else.

Like I wrote on SP, I still believe

Had to fuss out a Sox fan in a chat room last night, got tired of his negativity for two weeks
Yes times are tough and it is understandable

But after 2004 that sealed it for me, I love this team regardless and nothing can make me change that state of mind

There's no doubt that I love this team, too, Muse. Nothing would ever change that.

That said, it's hard for me to be positive.

SS is a joke. They are starting a wild card on Tuesday night. Better than Smoltz but he was in AA a short time ago and didn't exactly dominate when he got to AAA. Didn't do badly but you'd like to see him show that he's well beyond AAA and he didn't do that. The third starter has had two good outings and three bad ones. The fifth starter is a confirmed 5-6 inning/5-6 run guy.

The offense is slumping. I have to wonder whether having too many "starters" for too few positions is hurting. Maybe they can't all get in a groove.

Ortiz has been awful for most of this season, and I am not impressed that an accusation he calls false has distracted him and made him suck this badly at his job. Sack up, David.

Tek is not good at anything other than maybe framing pitches and calling a game. Maybe. His hitting is terrible. He can't throw anyone out.

2 runs in the last three games. True, the store bought starters on Friday and Saturday are worth a lot. But Andy Pettitte? He truly sucks, and the Sox couldn't do anything with him.

I don't know. I really love this team and guys like Pedroia, Youks, Lester and Beckett are among my favorite Red Sox players ever. Josh Beckett is exactly what I love in a pitcher. Tough, throws heat, no prisoners attitude, was the best player in the 07 playoffs and completely phucked the MFYs in 03. Love him. Lester...what can you say. Cool Hand Luke. Youks and Pedroia grind it out and give 100% every day.

But there are too many other guys who aren't like that, and there are too many guys who BB would have not kept around this long.

Maybe they can still do it. Tamper, TX and Seattle are all flawed.

I see a team that can not possibly get any worse offensively but Again I am placing this season on Papi - for sucking the 1st two months and for sitting idle while his team had to feel the pressure from his drug issues - what a totally BS excuse- every player was informed in sept 2004. the nerd in the suit beside him said so yet Papi didn't know BS david, total BS and you need to apologize to all those fans that believed you for you are a cheater but more so a freaking lying sack of sh!t

I feel it may be time for booing to begin, run this bum out of town like Manny was

There's no doubt that I love this team, too, Muse. Nothing would ever change that.

That said, it's hard for me to be positive.

SS is a joke. They are starting a wild card on Tuesday night. Better than Smoltz but he was in AA a short time ago and didn't exactly dominate when he got to AAA. Didn't do badly but you'd like to see him show that he's well beyond AAA and he didn't do that. The third starter has had two good outings and three bad ones. The fifth starter is a confirmed 5-6 inning/5-6 run guy.

The offense is slumping. I have to wonder whether having too many "starters" for too few positions is hurting. Maybe they can't all get in a groove.

Ortiz has been awful for most of this season, and I am not impressed that an accusation he calls false has distracted him and made him suck this badly at his job. Sack up, David.

Tek is not good at anything other than maybe framing pitches and calling a game. Maybe. His hitting is terrible. He can't throw anyone out.

2 runs in the last three games. True, the store bought starters on Friday and Saturday are worth a lot. But Andy Pettitte? He truly sucks, and the Sox couldn't do anything with him.

I don't know. I really love this team and guys like Pedroia, Youks, Lester and Beckett are among my favorite Red Sox players ever. Josh Beckett is exactly what I love in a pitcher. Tough, throws heat, no prisoners attitude, was the best player in the 07 playoffs and completely phucked the MFYs in 03. Love him. Lester...what can you say. Cool Hand Luke. Youks and Pedroia grind it out and give 100% every day.

But there are too many other guys who aren't like that, and there are too many guys who BB would have not kept around this long.

Maybe they can still do it. Tamper, TX and Seattle are all flawed.

Let me rephrase, 2004 lessen the stress and frustration for me, it no longer do or die
They took care of that for me when they did that twice in the last few years

I feel strongly we got some more WS in our future with this team in the next few years and you know what, if that still does not happen , it is all good, again 2004 they can't take that away from us ever and we know that and more importantly the rest of the league knows that as well

Not even bring up the things wrong with the team, that was not the point of my post

We are very fortunate to root for the teams of New England, alot of trophies this decade , and more for sure in the future. Just am damn happy of the area I am from.

I still think they can get it together enough for the WC. Really dissappointed with the way this season has gone. Theo needs to get a SS this offseason. I think Lowrie is more suited to playing a super-utility role.

Give Nancy her walking papers. I don't care how much the club has to pay to decline his option, but just do it. Resign Bay, get Holiday, give this Reddick kid a chance to win the starting job in ST...but get rid of Drew.

I still think they can get it together enough for the WC. Really dissappointed with the way this season has gone. Theo needs to get a SS this offseason. I think Lowrie is more suited to playing a super-utility role.

Give Nancy her walking papers. I don't care how much the club has to pay to decline his option, but just do it. Resign Bay, get Holiday, give this Reddick kid a chance to win the starting job in ST...but get rid of Drew.

2 points

1. Bo knows sports but Theo knows nothing about the SS position

2. Fine get rid of Drew (I wanted a straight up Drew for Maggie from Detroit) and sign Bay, get Holiday while giving Reddick a chance but what about 50+ SB's from Jacoby? where does he fit in?

Correct me if I am wrong, but Drew was the one who actually got a hit and got on base late in the game, right?:shrug:

It seems all the guys I like are the ones everyone wants to get rid of, tough crowd :)

I am thinking Drew is not the issue but love Magglio and know Theo tried to get him during teh Afruad pursuit and a change may do well for both.

We can find fault with just about every player, pitcher and manager if we look hard enough, the last week has given us alot of opportunities to do jsut that

But this is why I am glad I am not Theo, good gosh I would muck up this team even more :p

But yeah change can be good for both parties

Correct me if I am wrong, but Drew was the one who actually got a hit and got on base late in the game, right?:shrug:

He sucks.....yeah -- I know, he hit a big grand slam in 07:coffee:

He sucks.....yeah -- I know, he hit a big grand slam in 07:coffee:

He doesn't suck as bad as everyone says. Not even close. Not his fault they gave him a huge contract, would you turn it down?

He doesn't suck as bad as everyone says. Not even close. Not his fault they gave him a huge contract, would you turn it down?

Can anyone name one person who thought getting Drew was a good ideal?

Everyone trhought it, Bob Ryan said it: "whats the fasination with JD Drew?"

Why did Theo overpay for this guy when everyone said it was a bad ideal.

Papi has taken far more heat than Nancy and that was before the week.

Can anyone name one person who thought getting Drew was a good ideal?

Everyone trhought it, Bob Ryan said it: "whats the fasination with JD Drew?"

Why did Theo overpay for this guy when everyone said it was a bad ideal.

Papi has taken far more heat than Nancy and that was before the week.

Ah himm:wave: I did

Back