The STEM thread

The article points out something I have also noticed: the best way to really learn something is to teach it.

“At the end of the day, you don’t want a diva fiber. You want a fiber that, when you are working with it, falls into the ensemble of materials — one that you can work with just like any other fiber material, but then it has a lot of exciting new capabilities,” Forman says.

“At the end of the day, you don’t want a diva fiber. You want a fiber that, when you are working with it, falls into the ensemble of materials — one that you can work with just like any other fiber material, but then it has a lot of exciting new capabilities,” Forman says.
I immediately thought of clothes that would help self regulate at different temperatures, but this seems to work backwards for that - tightening (and presumably holding more heat) when warm.

I immediately thought of clothes that would help self regulate at different temperatures, but this seems to work backwards for that - tightening (and presumably holding more heat) when warm.
0T_D53.gif

The ultimate quest of tiling theory was now to find such an “einstein” tile — named not after the physicist, but for the German phrase “one stone.”

Last edited:
Another step forward on the path to fusion energy:

I have just begun exploring this site - fascinating advances in puzzles, fashion, lighting, jewelry, art, medicine (3D printed organs), other areas.

Here's a quick follow-up to post #189. Even though this is a NY Times article, everyone should be able to read it.

Peter HIggs (Nobel Laureate)) predicted the "God Particle" (Higg's Boson) has passed.

R.I.P.
Yes, I saw that and read the obit. Anyone that celebrates winning the Nobel Prize in physics by having a beer is both very smart and salt-of-the-earth.

Back