The Trial in the Case of George Floyd

KontradictioN

Reaction score
Well, you can spin it however you choose.

I call racism denying people an opportunity to vote and making it virtually impossible for some people to vote, specifically in minority districts mainly because one party lost because of the massive turnout of minority voters.

Or making a law in some states based upon peaceful protesters in the streets so that now only THREE PEOPLE can congregate at a time but not making that law when white supremacists march in the streets carrying torches, wearing nazi symbols emblazoning their clothes.

Or not condemning blatant racists like KKKMargorie Taylor Greene in their party and staying silent with her daily dogwhistling.

Or shooting the shit with known racist Laura Loomer at Mar-a-Lago.

Or Tucker Carlson spewing his bullshit theories and fear-mongering about the Chauvin jury.

I can go on with further examples, but I won't.

What this is is an attempt NOT to have those white nationalist/supremacist/nativists disgracing this location that they've deemed a peaceful gathering place to remember the travesty that occurred there and to have meaningful dialogue for like-minded people. But, hey, you can interpret it however you want.
Why do you think black people are unable to obtain valid IDs?

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
The left views ALL matters through the lenses of race and group identity. Its policies, from the federal level all the way to the local level, reflect this. It is inherently racist and entirely at its core.

You can go on with anecdotal examples, much like the flawed viewpoint that black people are unfairly killed by police officers, all you want. It is simply a fact that the statistics don't align with the anecdotes and the narrative.

You can close your eyes as hard as you want and wish it to be true, but it just isn't.
Trust me, MY eyes aren't closed.

ParanoidPatriot

Reaction score
That’s weird. I don’t do Twitter either and I can see the Tweets just fine.
In my opinion Twitter is a cesspool for crazy extremist to post any shit that they
Why do you think black people are unable to obtain valid IDs?
That is the condescending attitude that the left has toward minorities. "You can't make it in America unless we help you".It's the big lie that is repeated over and over again for years and years.
But yet they can make it in America and those who stop believing the great lie actually do.
They are told that they can't get valid ID's over and over so they don't try. But those who do try find it's no problem at all.

Last edited:

deec77

Reaction score
Once more here’s the bill read it....

View: https://www.scribd.com/document/500997399/Senate-Bill-202#from_embed

You want to know IMHO is the most racist thing going on right now is the shut down of these inter-cities schools... your hurting people of color the most. It boggles my mind that these kids are never ever included in this discussion of racism.... why do you think these kids are getting into trouble? They are in single parent homes and I’m not blaming them( the mothers) . Listen to Obama speech about absent fathers..... They are for the most part doing the best they can. I’m not going to discuss why because anyone with any knowledge of history knows why. Their fathers are absent because of laws passed by....look into our history since civil rights movement.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Obama’s+speech+about+absent+fathers&docid=608026455614173858&mid=A3B3371552430752FF3FA3B3371552430752FF3F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

I spend a lot of time in Georgia....Fort Benning

~Dee~

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I consider you an intelligent person. Just look around please, Then tell me if you think this country is going in the correct direction. And explain. Thanks.
I cannot speak for her, but I think the country is going the right direction....now. Takes time to recover from what took place the last 4 years.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
I cannot speak for her, but I think the country is going the right direction....now. Takes time to recover from what took place the last 4 years.

What an almost positive direction? Where we are now is complete and utter destruction.

Last edited:
OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Such decent people at work here. LOL. Not to mention they are violating the expressed desire for the area.

Crime has gone up considerably in this autonomous zone since its inception.

And these self-important creeps actually think they have authority.

KontradictioN

Reaction score
Such decent people at work here. LOL. Not to mention they are violating the expressed desire for the area.

Crime has gone up considerably in this autonomous zone since its inception.

And these self-important creeps actually think they have authority.

I had no idea they had actually turned that into an autonomous zone. Funny story, though.

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
I consider you an intelligent person. Just look around please, Then tell me if you think this country is going in the correct direction. And explain. Thanks.
This country is going to take decades to fix because of the destruction of the last four years. The fact that Trump kept drumming into his base the notion that they were "true patriots" insinuating that anyone who didn't support him were not patriots has created a movement in this country that has drawn a line. We saw that on January 6th. It's disgusting - I had a father who served as a medic in the Army, a brother who was served in the Army, and uncle who was killed in a action, a mother who was a WAC in WW2. These people believe, truly believe, that they are the ones who are going to save this country. The truth and reality is that they are the furthest thing from patriots.

The whole "liberty" mantra is sheer bullshit, the religious liberty, the 2A liberty, the 1A liberty. It's nothing more than a red herring. This country has always had religious freedom, always had gun freedom, always had free speech. But put the fear into people that it's going to be taken away, and you have what we've got now - a very large segment of the population who is in fear because of one man who pounded it repeatedly into their minds that the "radical left" is trying to take away their freedoms.

Here's the reality: Religious liberty is nothing more than being able to discriminate against certain people and taking away women's rights. That's it. Nothing is preventing anyone from practicing their religion in this country. It's all about gays and abortion. Gotta stop it at all costs because someone's religious beliefs says it's wrong. How is that infringing on YOUR (not you personally, the collective you) religious liberties? Nobody is forcing you to be gay or even accept someone else being gay? No one is forcing you to have an abortion. Doctors now being able to not treat someone because they're gay? They took an oath to treat people in need of medical care, not treat only people who don't have the same sexual proclivities that they have. It's discrimination, pure and simple.

2A liberties? In this country, there are at least 50 percent of our states where you don't even need a permit to own a gun. Just go out and get one. In the states that require a permit or LTC there are some requirements like MA - take a 4-hour gun safety class, pass a CORI, get fingerprinted, have no felony convictions, and you're good to go. And that's about the strictest gun law around. I have an LTC. I have a firearm with me 24 hours a day. Do I think there should be some reform? You bet I do. Do I believe that if you've had a domestic violence offense, have a restraining order on you, have mental health issues, have a felony record for a violent crime that you are a red flag and shouldn't be able to purchase a weapon? Yes, absolutely. Do I think there should be private sales with no background checks? Absolutely not. Does any of this mean that liberals, like me, want to take away your right to own a gun? Of course not. And your right to own a gun will NEVER be taken away. It's emblazoned in the Constitution and is nothing more than propaganda pounded into this country by the NRA. It's the foundation of their money grab. But there should be some reforms.

Freedom of speech? Sure, except now we have states literally enacting laws where it's perfectly fine to hit people with your car if they're in the street protesting. Seriously? Do you know how many Heather Heyers this is going to cause? More than three people gathering to protest is rioting and a felony arrest? It's unbelievable. THAT is a restriction of 1A, and it's only happening in red states. Do you honestly believe that the repeated, constant bleating by Trump for six months before the election saying if he loses the election is rigged, if he loses the election will be riddled with fraud, if he loses the election will be stolen, and the democrats will steal the election, the radical left will steal the election, the election was stolen, stop the steal, so much fraud, fight like hell, didn't create an atmosphere in this country that lives and grows like rampant weeds right now and is a source for hatred, that it didn't fuel what happened on 1/6? It wasn't his speech on the morning of 1/6 that caused the insurrection. It was the months of hateful rhetoric and lies that he spewed at his rallies, on twitter, every single day, building and building a momentum that culminated in what happened. But he has 1A rights, as we all do, so nobody stopped him from his psychological abuse that he perpetrated on his vulnerable base.

So, do I think this country is going in the right direction? Yes. Yes, I do. I think having someone in charge who can tamp down the hateful rhetoric, stop separating the red states from the blue states in his public talks and speeches, repeating that we are one country, assisting with things like child care and health care and better schools for those who live at the poverty level, taking steps towards climate change, taking steps on infrastructure to not only fix our roads and bridges but our pipes that are rotted and rusted so there's clean water, our cabling system so rural and poor areas have internet, our airports, on and on, not being isolationist and once again being the country that has allies, is a step in the right direction.

Racial strife? It's not going away because it's always been there. People now more than ever are in fear that this won't be a white majority country in 50 years, many believing that white are superior still. There IS racial inequality in this country, in our schools, in our judicial system, in our policing. It simply cannot be denied.

I could go on, but this is lengthy enough. And thank you - I consider you an intelligent person, also. Hope you and yours are well.

Last edited:

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
The whole "liberty" mantra is sheer bullshit, the religious liberty, the 2A liberty, the 1A liberty. It's nothing more than a red herring. This country has always had religious freedom, always had gun freedom, always had free speech. But put the fear into people that it's going to be taken away, and you have what we've got now - a very large segment of the population who is in fear because of one man who pounded it repeatedly into their minds that the "radical left" is trying to take away their freedoms.

<snip>

Freedom of speech? Sure, except now we have states literally enacting laws where it's perfectly fine to hit people with your car if they're in the street protesting. Seriously? Do you know how many Heather Heyers this is going to cause? More than three people gathering to protest is rioting and a felony arrest? It's unbelievable. THAT is a restriction of 1A, and it's only happening in red states.
Were you hibernating for the last 12 months?

The freedom to assemble peaceably was removed. That's a violation of the 1st amendment.

The freedom to practice religion by attending church services was banned. That's a violation of the 1st amendment.

Blue states didn't do that?

Blue states allowed people to assemble for protests and riots, then told people they couldn't have more than x number of people at their homes for Thanksgiving.

The mayor of New York is quoted as saying people couldn't assemble...unless they were protesting (because COVID doesn't spread during protests, I suppose).

Do you not remember all of that?

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Were you hibernating for the last 12 months?

The freedom to assemble peaceably was removed. That's a violation of the 1st amendment.

The freedom to practice religion by attending church services was banned. That's a violation of the 1st amendment.

Blue states didn't do that?

Blue states allowed people to assemble for protests and riots, then told people they couldn't have more than x number of people at their homes for Thanksgiving.

The mayor of New York is quoted as saying people couldn't assemble...unless they were protesting (because COVID doesn't spread during protests, I suppose).

Do you not remember all of that?
Funny, but most religions had no issue whatsoever with having either very limited numbers of people at their religious services or having services by remote virtual videoconferencing or sitting outside in a religious facility's parking lot while a sermon was being given by microphone. So, no, not a violation of the 1st Amendment. That was only an issue for the very loud sect screaming about it being a violation and an excuse to appear persecuted. I was raised to believe that you could pray anywhere at any time, and it wasn't relegated to Sundays in a specific location.

No, I was most definitely not hibernating. I was doing my best not to get sick, stay alive, and not contaminate my friends and neighbors should I happen to carry the virus and watching in horror and disbelief at the people who found it such an infringement to wear a piece of cloth that they were willing to sacrifice their families, friends and neighbors. I believe that would be the actual Christian thing to do.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
i oppose governmental mask/shot mandates and will not get the shots. i also believe the vulnerable should have been the ones protected. not because rona is so extraordinary, but because common pneumonia could kill them just as easily. the responsibility to protect them is ours as families, not the government's. i don't want them going out due to virus? i run the errands for them, and am careful not to come into physical contact with them and keep clean, etc. likewise, scared businesses have the right to impose any requirements they see fit to protect themselves from lawsuits and bad publicity.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
This country is going to take decades to fix because of the destruction of the last four years. The fact that Trump kept drumming into his base the notion that they were "true patriots" insinuating that anyone who didn't support him were not patriots has created a movement in this country that has drawn a line. We saw that on January 6th. It's disgusting - I had a father who served as a medic in the Army, a brother who was served in the Army, and uncle who was killed in a action, a mother who was a WAC in WW2. These people believe, truly believe, that they are the ones who are going to save this country. The truth and reality is that they are the furthest thing from patriots.

Here's the reality: Religious liberty is nothing more than being able to discriminate against certain people and taking away women's rights. That's it. Nothing is preventing anyone from practicing their religion in this country. It's all about gays and abortion. Gotta stop it at all costs because someone's religious beliefs says it's wrong. How is that infringing on YOUR (not you personally, the collective you) religious liberties? Nobody is forcing you to be gay or even accept someone else being gay? No one is forcing you to have an abortion. Doctors now being able to not treat someone because they're gay? They took an oath to treat people in need of medical care, not treat only people who don't have the same sexual proclivities that they have. It's discrimination, pure and simple.

2A liberties? In this country, there are at least 50 percent of our states where you don't even need a permit to own a gun. Just go out and get one. In the states that require a permit or LTC there are some requirements like MA - take a 4-hour gun safety class, pass a CORI, get fingerprinted, have no felony convictions, and you're good to go. And that's about the strictest gun law around. I have an LTC. I have a firearm with me 24 hours a day. Do I think there should be some reform? You bet I do. Do I believe that if you've had a domestic violence offense, have a restraining order on you, have mental health issues, have a felony record for a violent crime that you are a red flag and shouldn't be able to purchase a weapon? Yes, absolutely. Do I think there should be private sales with no background checks? Absolutely not. Does any of this mean that liberals, like me, want to take away your right to own a gun? Of course not. And your right to own a gun will NEVER be taken away. It's emblazoned in the Constitution and is nothing more than propaganda pounded into this country by the NRA. It's the foundation of their money grab. But there should be some reforms.

Freedom of speech? Sure, except now we have states literally enacting laws where it's perfectly fine to hit people with your car if they're in the street protesting. Seriously? Do you know how many Heather Heyers this is going to cause? More than three people gathering to protest is rioting and a felony arrest? It's unbelievable. THAT is a restriction of 1A, and it's only happening in red states. Do you honestly believe that the repeated, constant bleating by Trump for six months before the election saying if he loses the election is rigged, if he loses the election will be riddled with fraud, if he loses the election will be stolen, and the democrats will steal the election, the radical left will steal the election, the election was stolen, stop the steal, so much fraud, fight like hell, didn't create an atmosphere in this country that lives and grows like rampant weeds right now and is a source for hatred, that it didn't fuel what happened on 1/6? It wasn't his speech on the morning of 1/6 that caused the insurrection. It was the months of hateful rhetoric and lies that he spewed at his rallies, on twitter, every single day, building and building a momentum that culminated in what happened. But he has 1A rights, as we all do, so nobody stopped him from his psychological abuse that he perpetrated on his vulnerable base.

So, do I think this country is going in the right direction? Yes. Yes, I do. I think having someone in charge who can tamp down the hateful rhetoric, stop separating the red states from the blue states in his public talks and speeches, repeating that we are one country, assisting with things like child care and health care and better schools for those who live at the poverty level, taking steps towards climate change, taking steps on infrastructure to not only fix our roads and bridges but our pipes that are rotted and rusted so there's clean water, our cabling system so rural and poor areas have internet, our airports, on and on, not being isolationist and once again being the country that has allies, is a step in the right direction.

Racial strife? It's not going away because it's always been there. People now more than ever are in fear that this won't be a white majority country in 50 years, many believing that white are superior still. There IS racial inequality in this country, in our schools, in our judicial system, in our policing. It simply cannot be denied.

I could go on, but this is lengthy enough. And thank you - I consider you an intelligent person, also. Hope you and yours are well.
I agree 100% Excellent Post PFL. So so many brain washed suckers believed every word from a man who is one of the biggest liars known to mankind.