The Trial in the Case of George Floyd

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yep, even a small amount of fentanyl can kill you. The prosecution wants to say the police are fully to blame but the er doctor yesterday put that to rest. Might have even put reasonable doubt in the whole case. If a juror is a real juror, they would only convict if beyond a reasonable doubt. I think it is fair to say that if you are trying to prove actions killed someone that if they did something that could’ve before hand, it is absolutely okay to bring it up. I can’t remember, didn’t he have covid before also? If so, who is to say that didn’t help.

I think the ex cop is guilty of something but murder, nope. Manslaughter probably.
You know what else can kill you? having a knee on your neck. The doctor said he died from not getting enough oxygen thus causing his heart to stop. Now you guys can play games if you like and say drugs killed him, but thankfully nobody is stupid enough to actually believe that. We know what killed him, we all watched it. So I will go with my eyes and the doctor in the ER. Now lets move on to why the cop had his knee on his neck for 9 minutes while he was out after saying he could not breathe.

I have to say, I wish I was not surprised by the same people on here who want the cop to get off even though what he did was not only illegal it was brutal and disgusting, it also does not surprise me.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Reasonable doubt! Did the drugs kill him or the knee to his upper body? No one is going to be able to tell you for sure. Do I want him to get off, no, he is guilty of excessive force. The prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that what the stupid cop did killed him. They will not be able to do that now. I'm not excusing all what the cop did. Is he guilty of the murder charge, no. Manslaughter or the others, that all depends on the definition of the charge and how the prosecution has the case. Even if they don't get him on murder 3 or manslaughter, he needs charged with excessive force.

I have never said I want him off, but a juror had to convict if there is enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is any doubt, no conviction. The doctor cast doubt. Doesn't make it right what he did but can't convict just because someone died. Charges have to match the evidence.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
The only acceptable verdict is guilty. He was already handcuffed. He had his knee on his neck for 9 minutes. Even his own police chef said he was wrong.
To continue to apply that level of force to a person proned out, handcuffed behind their back — that in no way, shape or form is anything that is by policy,” Chief Medaria Arradondo testified

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Reasonable doubt! Did the drugs kill him or the knee to his upper body? No one is going to be able to tell you for sure. Do I want him to get off, no, he is guilty of excessive force. The prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that what the stupid cop did killed him. They will not be able to do that now. I'm not excusing all what the cop did. Is he guilty of the murder charge, no. Manslaughter or the others, that all depends on the definition of the charge and how the prosecution has the case. Even if they don't get him on murder 3 or manslaughter, he needs charged with excessive force.

I have never said I want him off, but a juror had to convict if there is enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is any doubt, no conviction. The doctor cast doubt. Doesn't make it right what he did but can't convict just because someone died. Charges have to match the evidence.

So as a juror I am to believe that had he sat in his car he would have died, and the fact that he had a knee on his neck for 9 minutes played no part? If they buy that then someone got paid off. If I grab someone and put my knee on their neck and they say they cannot breathe and I keep that knee on their neck until they die, if that is not some form of murder then I do not know what is.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Believe what you want to believe, in the court of law, it is beyond a reasonable doubt. Did the drugs affect him, maybe. At this point, you would have to prove they didn't and how exactly would you do that? You can't. You also can't prove that the cop, solely, did something to cause floyd to pass away. I think he is guilty of excessive force possibly manslaughter, but not murder 3.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Believe what you want to believe, in the court of law, it is beyond a reasonable doubt. Did the drugs affect him, maybe. At this point, you would have to prove they didn't and how exactly would you do that? You can't. You also can't prove that the cop, solely, did something to cause floyd to pass away. I think he is guilty of excessive force possibly manslaughter, but not murder 3.
Its not what I believe, its about what I saw with my own eyes.

Here is what 3rd degree murder is.
Someone can be accused of third-degree murder if they unintentionally cause someone else's death while committing a dangerous act.

How is it not 3rd degree is the question. He commited a dangerous act and someone died. The dangerous act is being proven by the number of police chiefs, including his own who said that they do not teach putting a knee on a mans neck for 9 minutes. So tell me how its not 3rd degree if guilty.

Flagg the Wanderer

Sonic sez: Clawk Moar Ringz!
Reaction score

Looking really bad for the prosecution, and for many cities around the US.

That link is a lot of text, but I encourage you to read it if you're interested in what's happening, and in the actual guilt of the accused. You can alternatively just listen in - in this case, just the cross examinations of the MPD use of force trainer and medical support coordinator are pretty educational.

Last edited:

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
Don't forget he also had a knee on his neck while he was screaming he couldnt breathe too. You left that part out.
From Flaggs link:
It was at this point that Nelson showed Mercil a series of photographs captured from the body worn camera of Officer Lane, and showing Chauvin’s knee on Floyd from the angle down Floyd’s proned body.

Photo 1: Where’s Chauvin’s leg in this image? On Floyd’s neck? Or on his shoulder blades and back. Mercil: Shoulder blades and back.

And in photo 2? Same. Photo 3? Same. Photo 4? Same.

:coffee:

Flagg the Wanderer

Reaction score
From Flaggs link:
It was at this point that Nelson showed Mercil a series of photographs captured from the body worn camera of Officer Lane, and showing Chauvin’s knee on Floyd from the angle down Floyd’s proned body.

Photo 1: Where’s Chauvin’s leg in this image? On Floyd’s neck? Or on his shoulder blades and back. Mercil: Shoulder blades and back.

And in photo 2? Same. Photo 3? Same. Photo 4? Same.

:coffee:
Note that's a prosecution witness.

Apparently it went so badly for the State that the defense decided it would recall one of the witnesses for the defense's case in chief. Now THAT is a bad day at work.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
The only acceptable verdict is guilty. He was already handcuffed. He had his knee on his neck for 9 minutes. Even his own police chef said he was wrong.
To continue to apply that level of force to a person proned out, handcuffed behind their back — that in no way, shape or form is anything that is by policy,” Chief Medaria Arradondo testified
Guilty of what specific crime?

I am not saying I disagree with you, I am saying he may have been mis/over charged and as a result he could walk. Does Minnesota allow for reduced convictions?

Flagg the Wanderer

Reaction score
You should look at my link. Your view of this from your first sentence is, I fear, very common, and is a big part of what will make rioting both easy and acceptable.

Flagg the Wanderer

Reaction score
Guilty of what specific crime?

I am not saying I disagree with you, I am saying he may have been mis/over charged and as a result he could walk. Does Minnesota allow for reduced convictions?
He can be convicted of either 2nd or 3rd degree murder, if memory serves. The way it's going right now, though...

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Sorry but that is not how our justice system works and this particular viewpoint is what is wrecking this country.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
You should look at my link. Your view of this from your first sentence is, I fear, very common, and is a big part of what will make rioting both easy and acceptable.
It is odd that the cornerstone of the judicial system is the presumption of innocence, which in any case of prominence is ignored by liberal emotion, while the media gleefully throws gas on the fire. I am sure that just from the comments here, people saw the miniscule snip of video that the media allowed them to see, and questioned nothing.
In classic fashion, presumption of guilt is now the norm, and no matter how often that proves to be a mistake, people just keep biting and questioning nothing. The entire infamous Chauvin video is and has been available, and I'm sure very few of those convinced of guilt could be bothered to look for it, much less view it. I have no idea how this event turns out, but I'm damn sure I knew there was plenty of the story the media ignored. Just have to wait and see, but what went down yesterday was mind boggling, and I sure don't see the media noting that a PROSECUTION witness admitted Chauvin wasn't kneeling on his neck, and there were multiple photos to prove it.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
It is odd that the cornerstone of the judicial system is the presumption of innocence, which in any case of prominence is ignored by liberal emotion, while the media gleefully throws gas on the fire. I am sure that just from the comments here, people saw the miniscule snip of video that the media allowed them to see, and questioned nothing.
In classic fashion, presumption of guilt is now the norm, and no matter how often that proves to be a mistake, people just keep biting and questioning nothing. The entire infamous Chauvin video is and has been available, and I'm sure very few of those convinced of guilt could be bothered to look for it, much less view it. I have no idea how this event turns out, but I'm damn sure I knew there was plenty of the story the media ignored. Just have to wait and see, but what went down yesterday was mind boggling, and I sure don't see the media noting that a PROSECUTION witness admitted Chauvin wasn't kneeling on his neck, and there were multiple photos to prove it.
Well thought out and presented. Nice post.

Flagg the Wanderer

Reaction score
The way it is going right now.... What?

Please elaborate.
...there's a solid chance he's not found guilty of either one. My guess is that at least one juror went in with a rock-ribbed preconception that "guilty is the only acceptable verdict," though, which means that if I'm a betting man, I'm betting on a hung jury. Which the judge will likely not accept, at least on the first pass.