The Vikings (Not the game thread)

Bears fans are indeed cool, always great fun in Chicago.
Never been to a game there, but love chicago. Great food. Modern vibe, and deep blues and Jazz roots. Love hitting live music bars. Met, sat and had and a drink with Lou Donaldson one time. (Of course I bought)

Never been to a game there, but love chicago. Great food. Modern vibe, and deep blues and Jazz roots. Love hitting live music bars. Met, sat and had and a drink with Lou Donaldson one time. (Of course I bought)

NICE!!

We had a family wedding in Chicago this past August. Great venue on the river. The ceremony and the reception were at the River Roast. Chicago is awesome. Just need to be careful these days.

Hawg, you must have forgotten the behavior of Patriots fans in the 70's at Shaffer Stadium. I recall going to a game against the Dolphins with the temperature in the 20's. Many of the "fans" were stripped down to the waste with fights breaking out all through the stadium.
Those were the Jim Plunkett to Randy Vataha days.

Right. was a season ticket holder back in the mid 70s through early 80s when my friends started getting married and drifted away from the tailgate experience, but.......despite the
miscreants on all sides of you, the experience of going there during that era was a ton of fun if by fun you mean near total anarchy by drunken maniacs.

I've seen dozens of blood-curdling incidents up close and it was always an event, as long as you were cool with being in the middle of a riot at a moments notice.

It's just that the whole thing has changed now and nobody can claim we are still a rowdy fan base because the expeerence of being in Gillette is, to me, better overall but not
as exciting as finding yourself in a gang war for absolutely no reason. I loved both worlds, but we live in a very different one now.

I loved a blues club called B.L.U.E.S. over by DePaul U. It was like a neighborhood bar with patrons from 21 to 90 and the best damn music your have ever heard.

I had a great time and appreciated the City and it's people and can't forget what a great experience it was.

Back