The Vikings (Not the game thread)

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
This week we have the Minnesota Vikings. I believe that the Minnesota Vikings have been to 4 Super Bowls and lost them all. This ties the Buffalo Bills for the most SB losses without winning one.

Joe Kapp was Minnesota Viking.
Ivar the Boneless was not.
1669132487090.png
The Twin Cities are in Minnesota
Fargo is not.

Last edited:
Alan Page was MVP of the NFL in 1971, and after retirement from football he became a justice on the Minnesota Supreme Court.

Vikings are one of those teams that have an occasional big year, then blow it on last second field goals in the playoffs (I can remember 2 vividly)

Randy Moss and Cordarelle Patterson were first round draft picks by the Minnesota Vikings.

Rich Gannon was not.

They should have gone all the way in 2009. They had a stellar team with Favre at QB and he had Percy Harvin, AD, Sidney Rice, Shiancoe and a great O Line on offense and then guys like Jared Allen, Greenway, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, Griffin etc on Defense.

But Favre is gonna Favre and made that stupid across-the-body throw against the Saints in the NFCCG.

Last edited:
They should have gone all the way in 2009. They had a stellar team with Favre at QB and he had Percy Harvin, AD, Sidney Rice, Shiancoe and a great O Line on offense and then guys like Jared Allen, Greenway, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, Griifin etc

But Favre is gonna Favre and made that stupid across-the-body throw against the Saints in the NFCCG.
People forget just how stacked that team was. Not as stacked as 1998, when they absolutely should have won the whole thing.

Edit: Wiggy was on that 09 team. :coffee:

Would be quite the statement mid-season to go into Minny on a short week and win. I like that the Cowboys just destroyed them. Hopefully the Pats can dissect that tape and try to do the same. I am really interested to see how the Pats D matches up with their O.

I think their best chance to win this game is getting to Cousins, he rattles easily and doesn't move well in the pocket. If the defense can do what they did against the Jets they have an excellent shot at winning on Thursday.

I believe Cousins has a really bad record on prime time games. when the whole country is watching he tends to go to $hit (at least that's his rep, fair or not)

The Minnesota Vikings traded away multiple draft choices for Hershel Walker to the Dallas Cowboys. It was the biggest trade in NFL history and gave the Cowboys the players needed to win 3 Super Bowls.

The Minnesota Vikings did not win a Super Bowl.

I have looked at the message boards of many NFL teams, ever since such things have been in existence.

But I have never gone to a Vikings message board.

They may be the most boring team in the league.

The Statue of Viking Leif Erikson is located at the entrance of Duluth's Leif Erikson Park in Minnesota's St Louis County. It was constructed by sculptor John Karl Daniels in 1956 and stands 13 feet (3.9m) tall. The engraving below the statue reads “Leif Erikson, Discoverer of America, 1000 A.D.

Back