These are the Salad Days, my friends!

Mr. Happy Sock

I bring absolutely nothing to the table
Reaction score
Just think about it- in 30 years when we are all sitting at the family table with out kids and grandchildren, we will be talking about RIGHT NOW when we talk about our "remember when" days as sports fans. Noone could have ever even dreamt that it would be this good, and it sure won't ever come remotely close to being this good again. Just think about it.....

We are in the middle of watching the GREATEST FOOTBALL DYNASTY EVER pull off a 19-0 season, 4th Championship out of 7 years (with more to come), and are so good they are hated on and despised across the league by players and fans alike. We now all now know what it feels like to be Yankees fans. Bill Belichick- THANK YOU.

Our Beloved Red Sox have won 2 out of the last 4 World Series (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and are stacked to make another run. Absolutely unbelievable- I would have sold my SOUL after 2003 for the Red Sox to win just ONE..........just........unbelievable. All the generations of pain, suffering, and misery can now rest easy and we can actually sit back, watch a game, and not pull out our teeth because we know that Theo and company have a plan, and it's working pretty damn good so far!

The Celtics? Well........looks like the run of horrible luck we had coming to us (for being so dominant for so long) has ended after 20 years. The Celtics were so bad for so long, they had gone past the point of being irrelevant and were dead to most of us Boston sports fans. What a difference 6 months makes- they are now must watch TV and the hottest ticket in town. They may not win it all this year, but I have found myself actually watching entire games.

As for the Bruins? Keep up the good work Boys! Keep playing hard and that faith will creep back slowly!

All in All, this has been the year of the perfect storm for us New England fans. New England Teams have a very realistic shot at taking 3 out of 4 Championships. Red Sox have already done their part, We KNOW the Pats will get there, And the Celtics have proven that they have the dogs to at least hang with The Pistons and Spurs ( We will see come playoff time). We will be happy just to see the bruins back in the tournament and playing good hockey (baby steps)

Sit back and Enjoy, everyone- because it's NEVER gonna be this good again.

A man from Brockton

:Lwelcome:

Great first post and great member name. :)

Thanks. Ive been lurking here quite a while, and can see there are plenty of educated, objective, rational fans and it is very appealing. I also like the fact that fane of other teams are allowed to state their differing opinion as long as it it stated tactfully and respectfully. The trolls are kept in line, and that's real nice because when they overrun boards like this they make it very uncomfortable. I want to find some nice pats stuff to add to my signature so i can fit in; any help would appreciate it.

In reading my OP, I can see how It could be misinterpreted as trying to "Jinx" the pats...trust me, im not trying to do that, I'm just showing my love and pride for the pats. I have lived and died with all of our teams for my 35 years just like the rest of you.

Also nice to see other people know what a "happy sock" is.

Mr. Happy Sock on 12-27-2007 at 12:14 PM said:
Thanks. Ive been lurking here quite a while, and can see there are plenty of educated, objective, rational fans and it is very appealing. I also like the fact that fane of other teams are allowed to state their differing opinion as long as it it stated tactfully and respectfully. The trolls are kept in line, and that's real nice because when they overrun boards like this they make it very uncomfortable. I want to find some nice pats stuff to add to my signature so i can fit in; any help would appreciate it.

In reading my OP, I can see how It could be misinterpreted as trying to "Jinx" the pats...trust me, im not trying to do that, I'm just showing my love and pride for the pats. I have lived and died with all of our teams for my 35 years just like the rest of you.

Also nice to see other people know what a "happy sock" is.

I'm a resident Colts fan, and like you, lurked for a time before registering and posting, but I love this board and consider it home!

But I gotta ask.....

What is "happy sock"?

cka203 on 12-27-2007 at 12:19 PM said:
ROFL

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.....

But inquiring minds wanna know, so.....

I'm just as :shrug: as you.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-27-2007 at 12:21 PM said:
I'm just as :shrug: as you.

Maybe I'm way off base with what I think it's referring to. Now you've got me second guessing myself.

A "Happy Sock" is a necessity when out in the field for long periods of time in the military. It's also used in prisons. It's a necessary thing for guys to....you know.....relieve stress with minimal cleanup.

Mr. Happy Sock on 12-27-2007 at 12:23 PM said:
A "Happy Sock" is a necessity when out in the field for long periods of time in the military. It's also used in prisons. It's a necessary thing for guys to....you know.....relieve stress with minimal cleanup.

I was right! Whoo! Where's the pat-myself-on-the-back smiley?

Mr. Happy Sock on 12-27-2007 at 12:23 PM said:

Ah, I figured it was something like that! :D

So... were/are you in the military? Or prison? ;)

Tell us about yourself!

I thought everyone had a 'happy sock'...

welcome Mr. Happy Sock, very nice 1st post, now you ar erequired to maintain the excellence

Me, I need to maintain the lowest of standards

*mikiemo83 on 12-27-2007 at 12:26 PM said:
welcome Mr. Happy Sock, very nice 1st post, now you ar erequired to maintain the excellence

Me, I need to maintain the lowest of standards

Geez, mikie, don't give the newb performance anxiety with his first post.

>)

Therick67* on 12-27-2007 at 12:26 PM said:

I thought everyone had a 'happy sock'...

I think by now any sock I own that I don't buy brand new can be labeled a "happy sock". :eek:

Well, im not too comfortable with giving details over the internet, but I'll give as much as im comfortable with. I was in the United States Military for anywhere from 5-10 Years. I've been out for 8 years and have thw whole Job/Mortgage/Kids thing going on now. Life is very good for me.

I will say that I shouldn't go to Patriots games. The last 2 games I have been to at the Razor, Brady was terrible (Jets game this year and the Colts game last year)...last game before that was a preseason game against the Packers with Rookie Drew Bledsoe QB'ing.

This probably won't go over well here, but I have been a maniacal Red Sox fan my whole life. Before 2004 happened, I would have traded 20 Superbowl Titles for just 1 World Series Championship. Since the Red Sox have been lucky/good enough to win 2, I have done soem thinking and come up with the rrealization that these championships are like children and I don't have to choose....just sit back and enjoy!

Back