They love Brady

After qualifying with

I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Also, when Peyton said 'we' he is basically saying 'everyone but me' because it's pretty hard for him to protect himself, isn't it? Unless he puts on a condom before he runs out there.

:coffee:

You just aren't going to win this one, fellow Bizarro.

Yeah, and the "I'm tryin' to be a good teammate" is just a CYA that means "I'm about to rip those losers who didn't do their job, unlike me."

"We had protection problems." :coffee:

Manning does not protect himself. lol thats like if he said we had some kicking issues, or some running issues. Thing is, and I will say it again, what you say in the lockeroom does not need to be said to the media, that is the difference.

"We had protection problems." :coffee:

Well you forgot the first part of that quote which sets the context....and you might want to check out what proceeded even the first part of that comment...that side line BS was EPIC FAIL.

Seriously watch that video....I don't know who is the big lineman that stood up to Manning at the end of that but he was 100% right....but of course Manning got the last word in....to the media.

When you look at the context with what occurred before and prefaced that PART of the comment you posted...it does not mean the same thing even remotely.

So you think in the presser Manning was taking any "responsibility" for the protection problems or was he getting the last word in????

I had never seen that BS with him going over to the lineman...I don't know how you can even remotely defend that, that is Buddy Ryan BS right there...frankly makes the "protection Problems" comment a DEFINITE under the bus throwing.

I wasn't all that keen on the "eye roll" after ONE of the Galloway drops...but understand it. (the reason I wasn't keen on it was because I had never seen him do that...Manning? Constantly) The sideline stuff...I haven't seen anything that bothered me...certainly NOTHING that even compares to the EPIC FAIL that is him running over and yelling at the line like that and keeping it up until he is chased away after being scolded by that lineman.

Have you ever seen that dude in a street fight? Ask yourself one question: do I want to be headbutted by that guy?

The man has a point here, when you are forced to wear the revolutionary helmet then you have powerful forces at work.

Listening to The Herd on ESPN Radio this morning and Colin Cowherd broke a Redskin's fan's heart with this exchange. (Said fan was arguing that it was all on Jim Zorn and then Cowherd went on a rant about how Washington has no elite offensive players)

Cowherd: Clinton Portis has no burst. Santana Moss...please. Where he does he play in New England? Where does he play? He's a little guy! None of the elite teams are looking for Santana Moss!

Skins fan: You don't need elite players in this league...Bill Belichick proved that.

Cowherd: You don't have Bill Belichick, dude. There's one of those in the league, and you're not getting him anytime soon.

ROFL

Listening to The Herd on ESPN Radio this morning and Colin Cowherd broke a Redskin's fan's heart with this exchange. (Said fan was arguing that it was all on Jim Zorn and then Cowherd went on a rant about how Washington has no elite offensive players)

Cowherd: Clinton Portis has no burst. Santana Moss...please. Where he does he play in New England? Where does he play? He's a little guy! None of the elite teams are looking for Santana Moss!

Skins fan: You don't need elite players in this league...Bill Belichick proved that.

Cowherd: You don't have Bill Belichick, dude. There's one of those in the league, and you're not getting him anytime soon.

ROFL

ROFL Colin is pretty entertaining when he isn't hating on female fans.:)

I cant wait until Manning throws four picks in a game and Reggie Wayne says "WE had interception problems"...:coffee:
PM can dish it out but he can't take it, which is bitchy and punkass. I remember very well when Mora was the HC in 2001 and PM had a horrendous game against SF (Mora's son as the opposing DC no less), threw a bunch of picks and after the game Mora said something about how many INTs there were and they asked PM about it. He said he couldn't believe Mora said something like that when HE is playing for Mora's job. Which made me lose all respect for him as a teammate & leader. He's done nothing to change that.

Tom throws a hissy-fit, he's firing up the team.

Peyton throws one, he's "whining".

:rolleyes:

When Tom walks off the field with his shoulders slumped and swinging his arms like he just found out he is menstruating and everyone sees the stain, please let me know.

Tom throws a hissy-fit, he's firing up the team.

Peyton throws one, he's "whining".

:rolleyes:

How often do you see Peyton sitting alone on the sidelines?

Often.

Sorry, Peyton has NOTHING on Brady when it comes to leadership. You rarely, if ever, hear Peyton's players talk in such glowing terms about him.

Except about the size of his forehead, maybe. :thumb:

You rarely, if ever, hear Peyton's players talk in such glowing terms about him.
And that really was my only point. I wasn't intending to start another TB/PM thread, but, in retrospect, I guess that result was inevitable.

I made the post because I am always delighted when I hear the players so freely and generously making it clear to us just what Tom means to them.

Cheers, BostonTim

Well, at least TG saw it the same way I did :shrug:
Let me just clarify one thing, I do think Peyton is a shitty teammate and I dont think Tommy is. Just this one particular incident rubbed me the wrong way.:shrug:

MD has experience with "angry Brady" on the sidelines of tOrange Bowl. It was epic. After rallying from 14 down, only
Orange Bowl, Smorange Bowl, MD, you got NOTHIN on me. Did you ever play in the Leon Boudreau Bowl? Huh? Did you? :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim :jester:

Let me just clarify one thing, I do think Peyton is a shitty teammate and I dont think Tommy is. Just this one particular incident rubbed me the wrong way.:shrug:

I knew that ;)

I'm sure everyone else here did/does, too.

It's all good! :toast:

Back