This Day in History

John Locke

Bringing Light and Justice to the World
Reaction score
I thought we had a thread for for this. Oh well. Of we do feel free to merge.

On this day in 2012 the world lost Sally Ride, the first American woman to travel to space.

Just a few wonderful and absolutely accurate words by Sally.

"Three secrets to success: Be willing to learn new things. Be able to assimilate new information quickly. Be able to get along with and work with other people."

- Sally Ride

download (1).jpeg

Well, except for the third one...😉
Gotcha.

It's a pretty big and valuable skill of mine but I get that mileage varies on that one particularly in ones work

On this day in 1929 Jackie Kennedy-Onassis was born.

Just a few words from her and how true they are.

"One man can make a difference and every man should try."

- Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis

Jackie-Kennedy-9320882a.jpg

I'm good for the most part with that one. You may not be.

It was a War Crime because Japan had been trying to broker a surrender through Russia from the moment Germany surrendered.

The US refused to talk to them because at that point, the war was won, and we wanted to demonstrate the Atom Bomb to Russia and intimidate Stalin.

That makes it a war crime.

There was never going to be a land invasion of Japan, the Japanese were ready to surrender any time we were willing to accept it.

On this day in 1849 Harriet Tubman escaped slavery for the first time and her words ought to be universal.

"There was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other."

- Harriet Tubman

harriet_tubman_loc_54230a.jpg

On this day in 1787, The US Constitution was signed by 39 delegates of the Constitutional Convention.
So quietly remembered and celebrated. One of the great days in world history. Ratification by nine colonies was still necessary, but this day made it all but inevitable. The Anti-Federalists made a ton of noise but within in three years all thirteen had signed, and the great experiment had begun,

3 years ago today, Epstein Didn't Kill Himself.
I know what you may be thinking, but Bill and Hillary have a pretty good alibi. They spent the day with a large group of public figures who didn't want to die.

On this day in 1787, The US Constitution was signed by 39 delegates of the Constitutional Convention.

I was going to reference this in my Harriet Tubman post.

Within a century of the adoption of the US Constitution the framework which lays within it provided the vehicle for the elimination of slavery in the United States.

Tremendous document which carries within it such a powerful defense of an individual's right to live a free life.

On this day, 956 years ago, perhaps the most significant day in Western History,

The Battle of Hastings, 10/14/1066

Back