This is why you aren't seeing the field, you moron

Saw 20+ snaps yesterday and came up big on several occasions. Dude is lowkey a really good wide receiver, extremely good route-runner, great feel for the game. Has a natural ease and chemistry with Mac and that goes bidirectionally - Mac also looks extremely comfortable and confident throwing Bourne the ball. He's also the only WR on the team (with the exception of Meyers, maybe) who can consistently beat underneath/intermediate man coverage, and Bourne has the ability to create more natural separation than Meyers. He fills a really critical role on this team (Thornton will help when he returns).

His body language on the field has been great. He demonstrably celebrated Mac's crucial scramble for a 1st down on 3rd & short. Barking and getting guys fired up after every catch he makes.

Can't be late to meetings, I get that ... but this man needs to see the field often and he appears engaged in the right ways. Glad to see this situation seems to be trending towards a positive resolution because Bourne is a really good WR and strikes me as a good person; it would've been a shame had this situation snowballed in the wrong direction and he was phased-out.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for more Bourne and less Parker.
Meyers has earned his way.
Agholor is coming around.
I hardly noticed Parker despite all his offensive snaps.
Crazy how invisible Parker is.

Parker? Parker who?

Cheers

Confused John Travolta GIF by G2 Esports

Parker is basically an alleged Patriot at this point.

Maybe it's time for more Bourne and less Parker.
Meyers has earned his way.
Agholor is coming around.
I hardly noticed Parker despite all his offensive snaps.

Jerry Thorton had this to say about Parker in his KJR column.

Part of which I'm willing to blame on Matt Patricia, to some extent. For some reason, Parker seems to always be running deep posts and 9-routes outside the numbers, when the book on him has always been that he's at his best in tight spaces. He's not going to run himself open, he's going to use his size and superior hand strength to win fights for the ball. Get him some short, quick throws to the flat. Feed him some WR screens and let him use his size to break tackles. Post him up in the shallow middle like a center at the top of the key and dish it to him. Patricia seems to be trying to get him to do battle on open ground when he should be fighting in a bathroom using a pen like Jason Bourne.

I don't know enough about Parker's history to know if he's correct, I defer to the X's & O's gurus here.

Intermediate ins, outs, crossers over the middle has always been Parker's game.

Jerry Thorton had this to say about Parker in his KJR column.

I don't know enough about Parker's history to know if he's correct, I defer to the X's & O's gurus here.
Jerry's right. He's uncoverable on in-cuts and slants. No idea why Patricia's trying to push the deep routes with him.

Jerry's right. He's uncoverable on in-cuts and slants. No idea why Patricia's trying to push the deep routes with him.

I didn’t spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express, but could it be an intent to force the defense to defend outside the numbers, making the middle of the field freer for everyone else?

With Tyquan Thorton on IR who else would make a DC honor that threat?

I didn’t spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express, but could it be an intent to force the defense to defend outside the numbers, making the middle of the field freer for everyone else?

With Tyquan Thorton on IR who else would make a DC honor that threat?

Agholor and Meyers would be my first choices. Gronk did it for years so why not HHenry? Jonnu Smith and Bourne could pull some coverage, too. Other than Agholor, none are speedsters but that's not what is needed. You just need bodies that someone has to cover. I mean, DC's can't simply ignore their presence. Not at first, at least. Then send Parker on an intermediate slant. It would work at least once. :coffee:

Other than that, I have nothing that would make Parker look good.

Back