Thugs and quitters, now welcome.

dashoe on 04-30-2007 at 09:17 AM said:

No more excuses. Can the Pats handle being the favorites? They are usually flying under the radar. Not any more.

We know the Colts couldn't handle it....

I can't wait to see how the Colts hanlde the preasure this season:thumb:

I believe we were favorites in 2004 as well. Just because the Redskins have made big moves in offseasons past and had inept coaching to teach these big-ticket items how to execute their plays, doesn't mean the Patriots will fall into that trap. And what does Washington have to do with New England anyway? That's the dumbest logic I've heard so far. Why not play the "Randy Moss will be bad for team chemistry" card as that's the 'trump card' right now.

Dashoe as usual just wants to stir up sh*t where there is none. It's amazing that he still feels the need to expose his inferiority complex even after his team wins the SB.

Thats just your sub-conscience telling you that the Pats have officially become the Washington Redskins. Everybody's offseason favorite until the games begin.

Be honest. This offseason for the Pats has let down written all over it, doesn't it?

I love it. The Pats will be getting all of the media's love. They'll be the hands down favorite to win the SB. The stars are aligning for a complete melt down.:thumb:

I can't wait to see this.

No more excuses. Can the Pats handle being the favorites? They are usually flying under the radar. Not any more.

This is a sign of your reality check telling you that the Colts are one and done. The Colts have had a dismal off season even their fans are pissed about.

Even the signing of Anthony Gonzalez was a reach. I guarantee you that not one rube in Indiana even heard of this guy before the Colts drafted him.

Here is the Fox Sports anaylsis of Gonzalez:
Almost as overrated as fellow Buckeye, Ted Ginn, Gonzalez has the speed, he has the quickness, and he has the hands. Now he has to prove the national title game against Florida was a fluke. With Ginn out, Gonzalez became the number one receiver and was never, ever, ever able to get open. Love him as a number three, hate him as a number two.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6750764

Thats just your sub-conscience telling you that the Pats have officially become the Washington Redskins. Everybody's offseason favorite until the games begin.

For anybody who knows anything about the game, you make this too easy.

I live in 'Skins country, they are by far and away my second favorite team, nearly but not quite on a level with the Pats.

That being said:

The 'Skins consistently make terrible personnell decisions. They're either singing big name stars who are past their prime (Brfuce Smith, Deion Sanders), or doing what they did last year, bringing in all that receiving talent and thinking that Brunell was going to be enough for them at QB. They had a great defense a couple years ago, but then they started doing stupid things like letting Ryan Clark and Fred Smoot (who has returned) walk and bringing in stiffs Adam Archuletta. The 'Skins have some very talented players, but they are paper thin and don't have a decent supporting cast. They are LIGHT YEARS behind the Pats, and any comparison between the 2 is just plain stupid (which, of course, is pretty much what I would expect from you anyway)

Therick67 on 04-30-2007 at 09:42 AM said:
We know the Colts couldn't handle it....

I can't wait to see how the Colts hanlde the preasure this season:thumb:

What pressure? The Patriots have already won the Super Bowl!!ROFL

MrWeekend on 04-30-2007 at 10:08 AM said:
This is a sign of your reality check telling you that the Colts are one and done. The Colts have had a dismal off season even their fans are pissed about.

Even the signing of Anthony Gonzalez was a reach. I guarantee you that not one rube in Indiana even heard of this guy before the Colts drafted him.

Almost as overrated as fellow Buckeye, Ted Ginn, Gonzalez has the speed, he has the quickness, and he has the hands. Now he has to prove the national title game against Florida was a fluke. With Ginn out, Gonzalez became the number one receiver and was never, ever, ever able to get open. Love him as a number three, hate him as a number two.

Are you kidding? Just about everyone knows who Gonzales is.

#1-Harrison

#2-Wayne

#3-Gonzales

Just watch how good of a WR Gonzo will be in the Colts offense with Manning throwing him the ball. He'll be twice the receiver Stokley was.

Great selection by the Colts, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about.

dashoe on 04-30-2007 at 11:18 AM said:
...doesn't know what they are talking about.

You would be an expert on people not knowing what they're talking about, wouldn't you?

MrWeekend on 04-30-2007 at 10:08 AM said:

Actually, most Colts fans seem pleased overall with our selections. There was only one pick that I was less than enthused by and I'm choosing to put my faith in Polian as to the reason for that pick.

Also, there are a lot of Buckeye fans in Indiana. I knew who Gonzales was and, I'm guessing many other Colts fans did too. I'm very happy with that pick. Peyton's going to have as many weapons as he did in the 2004 season. I can't wait.

Now, that said, I definitely wish they had better addressed our depth problems on defense but I'm pretty satisfied with Daymeion Hughes.

Honestly, we can all speculate on how the draft went for our teams and others but nobody really knows how well teams did until quite some time after the draft. The same goes for Moss. Given his amazing talent and his horrible attitude, only time will tell if he'll be good for the Pats. For all of my friends here I hope he falls in line. If he doesn't, well, I am a Colts fan afterall.

Are you kidding? Just about everyone knows who Gonzales is.

#1-Harrison

#2-Wayne

#3-Gonzales

Just watch how good of a WR Gonzo will be in the Colts offense with Manning throwing him the ball. He'll be twice the receiver Stokley was.

Great selection by the Colts, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about.

Put down your pom-poms for a minute and attempt to convince me that the Colts had a pressing need at WR and that this was a solid pick.

They might as well have drafted a QB in the first round.

Fully Tilted on 04-30-2007 at 12:17 PM said:
Put down your pom-poms for a minute and attempt to convince me that the Colts had a pressing need at WR and that this was a solid pick.

Maybe not a pressing need but definitely a need. Dallas did a great job of filling in for Stokely last season but we much prefer him playing as a TE. Now, we've got another great WR and Dallas can go back to doing what he does best.

IndyColtsBabe on 04-30-2007 at 12:19 PM said:
Maybe not a pressing need but definitely a need. Dallas did a great job of filling in for Stokely last season but we much prefer him playing as a TE. Now, we've got another great WR and Dallas can go back to doing what he does best.

Sorry ICB, I disagree. The Colts have more immediate needs on Defense and while Dallas Clark's primary position is at TE, the Colts could have drafted that kid out of MIA and filled a need there and left Dallas alone as the slot receiver. He played really well there.

Considering (in my opinion) they have the second best receiver to ever play the game in Harrison, one of the best #2's in the league in Reggie Wayne, using a first-rounder on a WR was not a great pick for me.

But hey, who am I? I'm just tired of Dashoe like the rest of us. I still got tons of respect for Indy.

The Big Lebowski on 04-30-2007 at 12:22 PM said:
You hope. Rookies are rarely great.

WR's in particular as well-Not many come right out of the draft and play well. Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson and Randy Moss come to mind (I don't remember Marvin's rookie season) but that's a short list compared to all of the first-round WR's that come out and are duds.

Fully Tilted on 04-30-2007 at 12:24 PM said:
Sorry ICB, I disagree. The Colts have more immediate needs on Defense and while Dallas Clark's primary position is at TE, the Colts could have drafted that kid out of MIA and filled a need there and left Dallas alone as the slot receiver. He played really well there.

Considering (in my opinion) they have the second best receiver to ever play the game in Harrison, one of the best #2's in the league in Reggie Wayne, using a first-rounder on a WR was not a great pick for me.

But hey, who am I? I'm just tired of Dashoe like the rest of us. I still got tons of respect for Indy.

No, I agree. We have some serious depth issues on defense. Dallas did play really well in the slot. The problem is that Utecht didn't play so well as a TE. The kid's got a bad case of butterfingers in my opinion. Honestly, I think the Colts just didn't care for all of the really close games last season and they're probably trying to build an offense with as many weapons as in 2004. I'm certainly not claiming the Colts have made the best moves in the draft or anything "dashoe-like" but I'm still pretty confident in their picks.

Fully Tilted on 04-30-2007 at 12:17 PM said:

Well before I start, even though I like Gonzelez as a slot reciever, and think that we should have drafted a WR at some point over the weekend, I would have gone defense early.

That being said:

The colts philosophy has always been to put Manning in a position to succede. The times our offense was most productive was out of the 3WR singleback set. With Wayne and Harrison alone we have a mismatch, but add in Dallas Clark (who actually could play slot) and a good slot reciever (which Gonzalez "should" be) and it's a literal embarssment of riches on offense.

Which leads to points. Lots of points.

Which in a round about way, helps our defense because it will force teams to play to our strengths. The game plan against the colts was always to slow down the offense by limiting big plays, and playing clock control on offense.

You can't do that down by 2-3 touchdowns. Our defense is at it's absolute best when it has a lead, and guys like D-Freeney can pin their ears back and go after the QB. It's what they were built to do. So it does make sense to make sure our offense can put them in a position to succede.

I still would have gone Linebacker or DT, but then again, I am just a message board poster and not a GM.

I REALLY like the Quinn Pitcock pick at DT. I think he was made for our system, and could potentially start if Simon does not come back (which is what most of us are counting on, but it is still possible he would come back)

Also Daymeion Hughes was BUILT to play corner in a cover-2 system.

The only thing that has me scratching my head is trading up to pick up Tony Ugoh in the second round. Now, I can never critisize taking an offensive linemen with any pick. I've always believed that is the biggest measure of success or failure in this league.

My only question is why the trade up, but I'll take a big swig of Kool-aid and trust we know what we are doing.

IndyColtsBabe on 04-30-2007 at 12:28 PM said:
No, I agree. We have some serious depth issues on defense. Dallas did play really well in the slot. The problem is that Utecht didn't play so well as a TE. The kid's got a bad case of butterfingers in my opinion. Honestly, I think the Colts just didn't care for all of the really close games last season and they're probably trying to build an offense with as many weapons as in 2004. I'm certainly not claiming the Colts have made the best moves in the draft or anything "dashoe-like" but I'm still pretty confident in their picks.

Draft weekend is one of my favorite weekends every year. Everyone generally feels good about their teams' reloading and bringing new players with scouting reports and projections and all that good stuff. You have no reason to feel any different.

I'm not entirely sold on NE's choices this weekend but what am I gonna do? I'll be rooting for them all the same come next season.

Let's see. We have a choice of believing a Colt's troll who is a proven idiot or an esteemed college football analysis, Pete Fiutak,
who works for CollegeFootball.com. You brain is evidently ravaged by STD's that run rampant in Indy.

jaric on 04-30-2007 at 12:31 PM said:
You can't do that down by 2-3 touchdowns. Our defense is at it's absolute best when it has a lead, and guys like D-Freeney can pin their ears back and go after the QB. It's what they were built to do. So it does make sense to make sure our offense can put them in a position to succede.

Name me a defense in the NFL that doesn't play better with a 2 -3 TD lead.

Back