Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also worth noting that Bill did not want to pull a Parcells and up and quit over a personnel decision that was always coming one way or another. It matters to him to finish the right way and however this season and the next few turn out, he will have finished the job hopefully with a new Qb in place with Jones.

But why go to the owner? Brady knew that, played for Bill long enough to know that Bill makes the decision. So why did he go to Kraft, if true? If this is true, he deliberately went to the owner above the head of the head coach. That's not right.

Every once in a while I give in and take the bait, but I rather do it in it's appropriate thread and not a thread about Julio Jones or the Patriots training camp thread as it has zero relevance.

But why go to the owner? Brady knew that, played for Bill long enough to know that Bill makes the decision. So why did he go to Kraft, if true? If this is true, he deliberately went to the owner above the head of the head coach. That's not right.
especially because, if true, it is something his predecessor supposedly did.

I have never believed that story but if it is true, it makes sense as Brady has the personal relationship with Kraft. He calls Brady his 5th son. Given Brady just won the 28-3 SB and was playing his best football, it would be fair for to wonder why Jimmy wasn't traded in the spring. I highly doubt Brady demanded Jimmy to be traded. That would be out of place for him but I can see asking what's up and is he (Brady) going to get traded as he knew the team could not keep both.

especially because, if true, it is something his predecessor supposedly did.
QBs go to owners all the time precisley because the owner is the boss and the franchise Qb is the most important player on the team.

Of course none of you are mentioning how Bill colossally misjudged Brady's playing window. He drafted Jimmy 7 years ago and Brady is not only still playing and a starter but favored to win the SB.

QBs go to owners all the time precisley because the owner is the boss and the franchise Qb is the most important player on the team.
i hate it though. it would have to be extreme circs for me to be ok with that, going over the hc's head.

They don't though. And certainly not on the Patriots! Bill calls the shots. Tom would have been well aware of this but if the stories are true, went to Kraft regardless.

Of course none of you are mentioning how Bill colossally misjudged Brady's playing window. He drafted Jimmy 7 years ago and Brady is not only still playing and a starter but favored to win the SB.

So now Bill should be a psychic and Crystal ball holder!!!! :LOL:

Good lord! You have to be a parody account????

It's funny you say that, I bet your opinion changes wildly if that were -- say, Aaron Rodgers instead of St. Thomas.

It's funny you say that because Rodgers didn't go whine to his daddy the owner and is being vilified, and heavily criticized by Mazz and yourself for it. But turns out, Brady did, but since he's a mythical creature from the Gods, he is absolved from all human sin. And any criticism be damned.

Bill is 69 and Kraft has already added people to the FO here. Highly unlikely in today's NFL any owner gives him complete control. There is just too much to keep track of now a days. I am not sure Bill even wants to. He seems to like the collobrative approach Robert set up this year.
Plus he has his sons too on the staff.

BB is in charge of the FO, btw.

BB drafted a QB about every other year since Brady was drafted. JG was one of many QBs drafted by BB.

Go back and look at how Brady's stats were on a downward spiral back then.

Once you've done that...
then look how much better his stats got after JG was drafted. JG played better in TC than anyone expected and suddenly there was a competition.

A little competition went a long way imo.

Bill is 69 and Kraft has already added people to the FO here. Highly unlikely in today's NFL any owner gives him complete control. There is just too much to keep track of now a days. I am not sure Bill even wants to. He seems to like the collobrative approach Robert set up this year.
Plus he has his sons too on the staff.

Did Kraft add those hires, or did BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's funny you say that because Rodgers didn't go whine to his daddy the owner and is being vilified, and heavily criticized by Mazz and yourself for it. But turns out, Brady did, but since he's a mythical creature from the Gods, he is absolved from all human sin. And any criticism be damned.
GB doesn't have an owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back