OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score

Tom Brady on Bruce Arians: Great motivator, great feel for the team​

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 7, 2021, 12:11 PM EDT

Super Bowl LV

In Tom Brady‘s 21-year NFL career, he has played 20 seasons for Bill Belichick and one for Bruce Arians. Reflecting on that one, Brady said Arians has been great to play for.

He’s a great motivator — he’s got a great feel for the team — a great pulse for what’s going on in a locker room, great intuition, great evaluation of talent,” Brady said on Good Morning America. “When you’re in one place for 20 years, you think that’s the only way, and I think when you go to a different place you realize, ‘wow — there’s another way that people do things.'”

Late in Brady’s tenure in New England, reports began to surface that he had grown tired of Belichick’s approach. Arians and Brady seemed to see eye to eye last year.

The 43-year-old Brady and the 68-year-old Arians won’t be together for anything close to the 20 seasons Brady and Belichick had together. But they’re heading into Year 2 both feeling good about where the Buccaneers are and where they’re going.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Brady was completely shitfaced during parade .
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady went absolutely nuts during the team’s floating Super Bowl parade. He was tossing the Lombardi Trophy from one boat to the next and ended up looking suspiciously wobbly when he got off the boat, eventually joking he had “just litTle avoCado tequila.”

Throughout his career, Brady had been so conservative, rarely partying publicly. But this parade felt different.

Why?

“I had a lot of fun, and I don’t get to do that — it’s hard to relax and when you’re out in public, and there’s phones, not that I would do anything but it still doesn’t feel like comfortable for me my personality to have people filming. So I tend to just stay at home more and I don’t go out a lot,” Brady told Good Morning America host Michael Strahan in an interview published this week.

As for the famous — or infamous? — toss of the Lombardi Trophy, Brady explained what he was (or wasn’t) thinking.

“There was not a lot going through my mind at that point,” Brady told GMA. “That was not smart for a couple of reasons. One is if we drop it, that’s a little bit of a problem. But the worst thing that could happen is the edges on that trophy are so sharp — and had those things clipped one of my boys on the other boat, it would have been an ugly, ugly parade.”
Here is a funny thing about that. More people liked Brady more for tossing that thing, even ones that hated him. I saw this on twitter and a ton of people said that. Which made me think, was the reason why they hated Brady was because he was so buttoned up and robotic? Seemed odd.

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
Here is a funny thing about that. More people liked Brady more for tossing that thing, even ones that hated him. I saw this on twitter and a ton of people said that. Which made me think, was the reason why they hated Brady was because he was so buttoned up and robotic? Seemed odd.
LOL, you're unnecessarily complicating this. He was hated because he was a NE Patriot. Nothing more, nothing less...

Inspector_50

Reaction score
LOL, you're unnecessarily complicating this. He was hated because he was a NE Patriot. Nothing more, nothing less...
Well not really. If that were the case, the media would have 5 or 6 main guys in several shows make their careers by bashing Julian Edelman....they don't. Brady was hated for the same reason the Patriots were hated. They were successful. Brady was the face of the players on that success, so he was hated. Pats are not the cowboys who are hated even if they suck. In 2000 nobody hated the patriots and frankly nobody really cared about them enough to hate last year, but they still hated Brady because he had success when he left. Had he left and failed, people would stop talking about him and stop hating him. Nobody hates the jags or players on the jags. So as I said a lot of people said on places like twitter and even in the media that they hated Brady less after that video was shown of him being a human being. I found that odd.

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
Well not really. If that were the case, the media would have 5 or 6 main guys in several shows make their careers by bashing Julian Edelman....they don't. Brady was hated for the same reason the Patriots were hated. They were successful. Brady was the face of the players on that success, so he was hated. Pats are not the cowboys who are hated even if they suck. In 2000 nobody hated the patriots and frankly nobody really cared about them enough to hate last year, but they still hated Brady because he had success when he left. Had he left and failed, people would stop talking about him and stop hating him. Nobody hates the jags or players on the jags. So as I said a lot of people said on places like twitter and even in the media that they hated Brady less after that video was shown of him being a human being. I found that odd.
Julian Edelman didn't marry one of the world's most famous models and he wasn't accused of and ultimately.(incorrectly) found guilty in a cheating scandal and he was a 3 SB winner vs. a 6 SB winner. No comparison, in my opinion. I travel alot in the US and I can say without reservation that Belichick was the #1 hated Patriot followed closely by Brady. Tompa Boy became a human being to those outside of NE the moment he left NE.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score

If you can’t tell by now, Middie (I50) cannot let ANY hint of a slight be directed at his One and Only God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inspector_50

Reaction score
If you can’t tell by now, Middie (I50) cannot let ANY hint of a slight be directed at his One and Only God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which had zero to do with what was being talked about. Also stop calling posters out, its supposed to be a no no. I would hate to see you get banned.

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Julian Edelman didn't marry one of the world's most famous models and he wasn't accused of and ultimately.(incorrectly) found guilty in a cheating scandal and he was a 3 SB winner vs. a 6 SB winner. No comparison, in my opinion. I travel alot in the US and I can say without reservation that Belichick was the #1 hated Patriot followed closely by Brady. Tompa Boy became a human being to those outside of NE the moment he left NE.
Wait....you said the only reason Brady was hated was because he was a Patriots (nothing more nothing less) , now you are saying its because of who he married, how many superbowls he has and a cheating scandal? If we keep going you might get around to what I said, which was he was successful which all fans hate. As far as when he left, yeah I will believe that when Max Kellerman, Nick Wright, Shannon Sharp do not dedicate entire shows to trashing him weekly. Only difference now is some patriots fans jumped on that hate train. :coffee:

Last edited: