Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have never seen anything like this but the Bucs have resigned Fournette. This is the first time since the salary cap era began where a defending champ brought back all 22 starters.

Last edited:
I think both teams got the right guy. And both got great deals too.

Brady is having quite season off the field with his cards going for millions.

7. I think when the Tom Brady rookie card goes for $2.25-million, as it was auctioned for over the weekend, it’s definitely time to get back into card-collecting—and to curse my unlucky stars that somewhere between our family move from Montclair, N.J. to Boston in 2009 and the move back to New York in 2011, 37 years of mint or near-mint Topps sets (and some Donruss) disappeared. That was the end of cards for me.

Latest On Tom Brady Knee Injury

April 4th, 2021 at 7:31pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg

When it was revealed in February that Tom Brady was undergoing knee surgery for an injury that would keep him sidelined from team activities until at least June, it understandably raised some eyebrows.

A 43-year-old quarterback getting knee surgery that will knock him out for a handful of months is significant no matter what. But fortunately, it sounds like everything is going well with Brady’s recovery. “I talked to him last week,” Bucs GM Jason Licht said, via Jenna Laine of ESPN.com. “I know things are going well. I don’t want to put an exact timeline on it right now because I don’t want to set expectations one way or the other, but I know that things are going very well.”

The injury also apparently wasn’t out of left field for the team, and the procedure had been planned for a while. Brady had been planning on having the surgery for months, and the news was “not a surprise” to the Bucs, a source told Laine.

Licht also called it a “minor surgical procedure” although it can’t really be that minor if Bruce Arians was saying back in February that he was hopeful Brady could do some 7-on-7 work in June. Obviously if there’s anyone who doesn’t need much offseason time it’s Brady, but this will still be something to monitor as the ageless wonder gets set to turn 44 in August.

If there was ever any doubt that TB12 wanted to leave, this clears that up for sure.
I agree. I think when he was not given a contract extension the summer of 2019 and he put his house on the market, he was researching teams at that point.

The Bucs have more on less been hitting it in drafting key starters the last 6 years or so. So many home grown stars in the team. Then the addition of some key free agents. The last piece was Brady and the free agents that came because of him, to get them over the hump.

Hitting on Tristan Wirfs and then the free safety Winfield, that was like hitting the lottery twice. Then to have Gronk unretire, RBs show up, AB, it was pretty incredible what they did. Like I said Brady, knocked on the right door and he was laughed at for picking Tampa given their history. He obviously had the last laugh. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back