Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft wanted Jimmy gone because Tompa Boy told him HE wanted him gone.
The recent book "The Dynasty" pretty much confirms that version of events. Kraft has largely stayed out of
the football side of the business ever since the Parcells/Bobby Grier mess, but he (allegedly) interceded to make his "son" happy and
the end result was we ended up with neither. It was complicated, but that seems like a logical explanation and the writer
clearly had sources inside the Kraft family, so I'm tentatively buying it until the full story comes out.

The part of this version that doesn't quite add up is why Bill tolerated the interference and is still here. I'd bet he considered resigning
but understood that it was an unusual circumstance and he could let it go because Foxboro was still the best place for him in the overall. It's clear
that he could have written his own Carte blanche ticket to just about any team in the league, but his best option was to stay put and build
a new monster which would require one down year to unleash.

Right now, I'd say that plan seems to be on course. It was messy, but will all work out for the best in the long run.

The recent book "The Dynasty" pretty much confirms that version of events. Kraft has largely stayed out of
the football side of the business ever since the Parcells/Bobby Grier mess, but he (allegedly) interceded to make his "son" happy and
the end result was we ended up with neither. It was complicated, but that seems like a logical explanation and the writer
clearly had sources inside the Kraft family, so I'm tentatively buying it until the full story comes out.

The part of this version that doesn't quite add up is why Bill tolerated the interference and is still here. I'd bet he considered resigning
but understood that it was an unusual circumstance and he could let it go because Foxboro was still the best place for him in the overall. It's clear
that he could have written his own Carte blanche ticket to just about any team in the league, but his best option was to stay put and build

Right now, I'd say that plan seems to be on course. It was messy, but will all work out for the best in the long run.

(y)
BB thought about it and he was closer than you'd like to know. Your summary is spot on.

To the bolded - it is statements like these as I have mentioned to you that really irk me. Could you please refrain from making them. You said the same thing about the Julio trade and it turns out I was the one thinking like the GM as he got traded over the weekend.

But in terms of Jimmy, I would have given the #2 for him and maybe another later round pick on top. It is no secret that Bill loves him and developed him. The injuries are always a concern but we were not going to find a better bridge given his age and his contract which to me was fine. $25 mil is not a lot for a quality starter especially one you believe in because he has been in your system and has excelled. Again, what I heard is Jimmy was open to coming to NE but Bill only offering $16 mil was a non starter. It is so secret that Shanny does not like the guy at all. Remember his pressers? Ugh. He would have taken our picks and run, especially if we took on Jimmy's salary for him.
Irk you?
Go back and look at all the people you've "irked" in the last 24 hours.

And I should feel guilty for irking you?

That's an interesting perspective. I would think Bill wished he did resign the way everything turned out. He traded Jimmy against his wishes and also saw Brady leave him at the altar and go win a SB in year one with a new team in a new conference. He now has Newton has his QB for the second year in a row. Talk about a double gut punch. His legacy has taken a huge fit from last year alone.

I am also not sure he is interested in staying for another rebuild or dynasty run 3.0. All the signs point to him moving on very soon when you consider all the FO people that were brought in this off-season. I think he may leave us and retire in a year or two.

Last edited:
That's an interesting perspective. I would think Bill wished he did resign the way everything turned out. He traded Jimmy against his wishes and also saw Brady leave him at the altar and go win a SB in year one with a new team in a new conference. He now has Newton has his QB for the second year in a row. Talk about a double gut punch. His legacy has taken a huge fit from last year alone.

I am also not sure he is interested in staying for another rebuild or dynasty run 3.0. All the signs point to him moving on very soon when you consider all the FO people that were brought in this off-season. I think he may leave us and retire in a year or two.
Good god, you don't even read others' posts before responding to them!

This has to be a parody account????

There was a report not too long ago that BB was talking to other teams about possible departure from NE, but it was squashed as quickly as it began.

Dafuq?

He won 2 SBs after said decision, much of it because of his own decisions even then.

So yeah, I think he was fine overall with how it turned out. I’m sure he was mad at the time, but that didn’t prevent him from “doing his job” and winning two more SBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's an interesting pov. Why do you think Brady left BB at the alter when BB called off the wedding the previous year?

There was a report not too long ago that BB was talking to other teams about possible departure from NE, but it was squashed as quickly as it began.

I seriously doubt any other team would ever give Bill the complete power he has here. It would have been foolish to leave unless he was done coaching and just wanted a FO job.

I seriously doubt any other team would ever give Bill the complete power he has here. It would have been foolish to leave unless he was done coaching and just wanted a FO job.

It would be foolish for a team to not bend over backwards for a coach who's won six Super Bowls as a coach / GM.

It would be foolish for a team to not bend over backwards for a coach who's won six Super Bowls as a coach / GM.
Bill is 69 and Kraft has already added people to the FO here. Highly unlikely in today's NFL any owner gives him complete control. There is just too much to keep track of now a days. I am not sure Bill even wants to. He seems to like the collobrative approach Robert set up this year.
Plus he has his sons too on the staff.

No kidding. Lol

Bill is 69 and Kraft has already added people to the FO here. Highly unlikely in today's NFL any owner gives him complete control. There is just too much to keep track of now a days. I am not sure Bill even wants to. He seems to like the collobrative approach Robert set up this year.
Plus he has his sons too on the staff.

Do you have any sources that Kraft is the one that did the hiring? As far as I know, BB is the one that did the hiring and promotions of his staff. Once again, you're blindly wrong unless proved otherwise.

Do you have any sources that Kraft is the one that did the hiring? As far as I know, BB is the one that did the hiring and promotions of his staff. Once again, you're blindly wrong unless proved otherwise.
I would imagine it was done together. The two of them discuss everything. Both have said this in the past. I was giving Robert credit for the idea but sure it could have been Bill too.

Because people want to possibly follow the board's rules and not trying to engage into a BB vs Brady debate in seemingly every single thread you, Mazz or Riv step in and post.

This is your thread for no holds barred Brady suckling, so people come here to talk about it if needed be. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about it.

It's pretty horrendous if true, that Brady shamefully went to the owner demanding that Kraft get rid of the understudy QB? To say that was a shitty thing to do is if true, is an understatement.

Because people want to possibly follow the board's rules and not trying to engage into a BB vs Brady debate in seemingly every single thread you, Mazz or Riv step in and post.

This is your thread for no holds barred Brady suckling, so people come here to talk about it if needed be. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about it.
With all the complaining in the other threads it is ironic that the very people that complain the loudest come here. Not that I mind. I love the discussion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back