Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fascinating thread on the GB forum asking if fans believe Rodgers can play as long as Brady. Notice how often the fans of GB refer to Brady as the GOAT. That is what winning in Tampa did for him in terms of rival fan bases giving him the respect.

This was my favorite post:
Both guys are headcases whose drafting motivated them to become MVP-tier QBs. I think Rodgers got the better backup tutelage under (pre-risk averse) Mike McCarthy and had better WR talent overall than Brady, who had the Curmudgeon and a bunch of twitchy try-hards (and Randy Moss).

The difference for the sake of this question is that Brady is the High Priest and True Believer of the TB12 Cult and has lived his whole pro career to be marketable and in top physical and mental shape. He helps install the offense; he recruits potential teammates (character Red Flags to come to TB for cheap); and he tries to sell them on his physical regimen. Brady skipped Tampa Bay's OTAs to lead his own while Rodgers saw the wonders of Hawai'i.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers doesn't work out on his own in the offseason or cram harder than most starting QBs between training camp and the last game of the season. I think he's a better natural athlete than Brady and probably a better quarterback. But his degree of all-in isn't the same as Tom Brady and whatever it takes to achieve his Unnatural Cranium.

I think that whatever motivates A-Rod, he will either be satisfied with or resigned with football before he reaches Tom Brady's career performance.

The guy nailed Brady, for sure.

There was a lot ISP50 about the split in that thread. You can feel the angst of the fanbase over what has happened. It seems most of them think Rodgers is not coming back but there are a couple who are convinced he will be back. Fandom can be so hard sometimes.

More from TB12. Someone want to tell him lytes is lytes?

View: https://twitter.com/TB12sports/status/1404917827858059268

While they are at it, they should tell him that electrolyes are basically minerals carrying an electric charge. Calling them gluten free is silly, even if both his concussion water and the pine bark in his COVID vitamins were also gluten free:

TB12 Electrolyte Supplement for Optimized Hydration - Liquid Drops for Water, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan, with Magnesium, Potassium, 24 Servings (Peach Mango Flavor)

I realize it really bugs you guys but Brady is 1 of 1 NFL players to ever play this long at this level of excellence and his training methods/diet are a big reason why.

I realize it really bugs you guys but Brady is 1 of 1 NFL players to ever play this long at this level of excellence and his training methods/diet are a big reason why.
Or of course, it could simply be just genetics.....

Yeah, I'm a believer in pliability and there's something to be said for skipping the McDonald's/a good diet, but I'm not a believer in his drastic diet or his snake oil sales promotions.
I'm also a believer that genetics, the chip on his shoulder and lack of severe injuries throughout his career have helped him along the way.

So the guy who founded the company, owns the company and is the face of the company has no responsibility for the products the company markets that literally use his name? Interesting. I suppose it's the same as Tom having no responsibility for getting the taxpayer-funded PPP loan.

The Inspector 50 business philosophy, get all the rewards and if something goes wrong, just blame your employees. Brilliant!

Yeah, I'm a believer in pliability and there's something to be said for skipping the McDonald's/a good diet, but I'm not a believer in his drastic diet or his snake oil sales promotions.
I'm also a believer that genetics, the chip on his shoulder and lack of severe injuries throughout his career have helped him along the way.
I agree that it is a combo of things but he has said himself that the biggest contributor to his longevity and level of excellence in his 40s has been Alex and his approach to training and diet. I do think we tend to discount these things somewhat because it seems mundane and all professional athletes for the most part train and eat right to maintain their performance. But Brady's approach is very unique because it is counter intuitive to how most football players have trained/dieted over the years. A plant based diet in and of itself is revolutionary as most guys eat a ton of protein and muscle building foods whereas Brady's focus is high energy, less inflammation to help him have less injuries and also recover well. It takes so much disciple to train and eat the way he does. And of course, anyone who has worked with Alex has always had positive results.

I think the biggest reason why Brady has avoided the big injuries is the way he plays the game. He is so good from the pocket and gets rid of the ball so fast he avoids big hits probably better than anyone. That being said, he became the most sacked QB in NFL history last year because he has played so long so his training has really helped him the most by far.

Or of course, it could simply be just genetics.....
Nothing is ever that simple especially when it comes to be a gladiator sport like football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back