Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the reason the qb "carries the w-l " is idiocy of media. probably miming baseball writers with pitchers. i completely disagree with it.

Atlanta and Seattle were among our worst defensive performances in our SBs. 28-3 is what made Brady legendary. His 4th quarter vs the Legion of Boom is the best fourth quarter in SB history vs one of the best defenses of all time.

Are you really arguing that Qb does not have the most influence on outcomes? There is a reason only the Qb carries the W/L record among players. And as I said there is a reason the Qb makes twice as much money as any other position and also why Bill just spent his best natural draft pick in 20 years on Jones. If we don't find a legit franchise Qb we will never be more than a middler team.

So in your mind Malcolm Butler's interception, Donta Hightower's tackle of Lynch, his strip sack of Matt Ryan and the holding call on Chris Long shouldn't get any credit for those wins? Belichick's coaching and having the foresight to practice that very same play for Butler's int had no influence on the outcome of that game? Our defense holding McVay's Rams to 3 points in SB53 had nothing to do with that 13-3 win?

There's more than 1 way to win SBs & there are plenty of average or below average QBs who did win Super Bowls. Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Nick Foles, Joe Namath, Jim Plunkett (twice), a young Ben Roethlisberger (twice, both were bad performances by him), Eli Manning, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien to name a few. What those teams had were some combination of good coaches, good defenses, good running games, good game plans and a lot of luck.

The comeback from 28-3 was absolutely brilliant by Brady. It was astounding to watch.

But it doesn't happen unless the defense held them to 28.

Yes he was but where was Brady the first 2 1/2 quarters of that game?
I'm thankful that Edelman woke him up when he did. "It's gonna be a helluva story!"
Edelman really came through for us in that game and saved the day on offense.

Last edited:

Better get yours before the NFL stops production

E6cF4JrWUAYrIMl

Once again, Brady as the QB carries the most influence. He is the main reason for the dynasty. Even Bill stated this when he was asked about Adam V and how important he was to the early championships and Bill said no one was more important than Brady.

Once again, Brady as the QB carries the most influence. He is the main reason for the dynasty. Even Bill stated this when he was asked about Adam V and how important he was to the early championships and Bill said no one was more important than Brady.

Link please.

Link please.
It was during a presser about 3 years ago maybe more. Bill was being asked about Adam Vinateri because I think Ghost had passed him for some record and he was specifically asked if Adam was most important to the early championships and he said no one was more important than Brady.

I am not sure how to find press conference transcripts but if you have a resource let me know and I will dig through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back