Towards the 53...

FbbV3YmXkAAT2rJ

I'm guessing Humphrey is actually a little faster than both Henry and Smith.
Or maybe he meant exactly what he said.

Hunter Henry didn't work out for the combine, but had a pro day 40 time of 4.68. Jonnu had a 4.62. LJH had a 4.75 at the combine, and worse at his pro day. He also had slower 10 yard splits. :shrug-n:
Yes I meant it exactly how I said it. He was the slowest receiver measured in his draft class and slower than over half of TE's from that same draft class. And I've heard it a few times from people watching the practices/games this year that he is slow, even Zo said it. I don't know if maybe he's "quicker" than our TE's which is more important than overall speed IMO, but as a receiver, hybrid, whatever you want to call him, his overall speed is slow compared to his peers. Skill set-wise he's a slower version of N'Keal Harry, though I think LJH is overall better at this point.

Patriots 53-man roster: Position-by-position analysis, news, cuts, more

Attached is the 53 man roster as of now. Chasen Hines was a guy that I included in every mock that I did as a 6th rounder. He can play both guard and center and is an improvement of Jamie Frentz.
As in most years, this probably will not be the finished product as they may add players cut by other teams, which will mean a couple on the 53 now won't be a couple of days from now.

Last edited:
Great thread.
I suspect the team will be making additional changes in the near future. Those last 10 bubble guys should look behind their shoulders

Yes I meant it exactly how I said it. He was the slowest receiver measured in his draft class and slower than over half of TE's from that same draft class. And I've heard it a few times from people watching the practices/games this year that he is slow, even Zo said it. I don't know if maybe he's "quicker" than our TE's which is more important than overall speed IMO, but as a receiver, hybrid, whatever you want to call him, his overall speed is slow compared to his peers. Skill set-wise he's a slower version of N'Keal Harry, though I think LJH is overall better at this point.
That's all great, but I think you replied to the wrong guy.😂

That's all great, but I think you replied to the wrong guy.😂
No I meant to include you since you responded to my post saying "I'm guessing Humphrey is actually a little faster than both Henry and Smith". He's not, and no I never meant to say WR instead of TE, I meant to say TE because he is THAT slow. WR would be a given at that point.

No I meant to include you since you responded to my post saying "I'm guessing Humphrey is actually a little faster than both Henry and Smith". He's not, and no I never meant to say WR instead of TE, I meant to say TE because he is THAT slow. WR would be a given at that point.
As long as he can catch a ball and make positive yards...that's all that matters.

As long as he can catch a ball and make positive yards...that's all that matters.

He's very effective against zone defenses because he has the experience finding holes in the zone.
He's not so good against man or man press because he can't get the separation required against man.
Some teams play a lot of zone and some don't. Opponent match ups matter.

So our roster is old? Okay. We do skew it up with 4 guys age 35+, but I think it's also skewing older because our rookies are really old this year for whatever reason. Only 2 of them are 21, 2 more are 22. Most are 23 and 24. Schooler is 25.

Just on the defense, Barmore, Bledsoe, Jennings, Uche, Wade, Bryant, and Mack Wilson are ALL younger than Ray, Roberts, AND Jack Jones. I mean, older than Mack Wilson? He's in his 4th year as a pro!

So our roster is old? Okay. We do skew it up with 4 guys age 35+, but I think it's also skewing older because our rookies are really old this year for whatever reason. Only 2 of them are 21, 2 more are 22. Most are 23 and 24. Schooler is 25.

Just on the defense, Barmore, Bledsoe, Jennings, Uche, Wade, Bryant, and Mack Wilson are ALL younger than Ray, Roberts, AND Jack Jones. I mean, older than Mack Wilson? He's in his 4th year as a pro!
You're correct about a few older guys skewing the mean age. The median age (middle from youngest to oldest) is 26 and the mode (the age group with the most players, 8) is 23.

I think the difference between the oldest team and the youngest team is about 2-3 years. The average age of all players is around 25-26, and I think what drives the average is whether a team has even three or four players who have 7 or 8 + years in the league.

Besides, if you change young and old to less experienced and more experienced, the numbers take on a whole new meaning.

If McCourty, Slater and Folk had been cut and replaced by three 22 year old guys, the same people who are whining that the team is too old would be bitching about getting rid of 3 of their more valuable players.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him on the roster. Slower runner or not he seems to have the ability to get open, made tough catches, and showed he can contribute on ST's. The book isn't closed on him yet, he could still get a shot sometime this season.

Former Kentucky Star Released by Dolphins​

Despite a solid preseason for former Kentucky star Lynn Bowden Jr., he has has been released by the Miami Dolphins, according to a report from Adam Schefter.

Bowden opened the preseason against the Bucaneers by stealing the show as Miami’s highest graded offensive weapon. In that contest, he caught three passes for 55 yards and a touchdown, while also adding a nice punt return.
The news of his release comes as a bit of a surprise, as there was positivity around Bowden Jr. at least being the Dolphins return man this fall.
In Miami’s most recent contest on Saturday, Bowden hauled in a 39-yard touchdown reception.

Back