Trade Gronk?

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
It has been an eventful offseason for Rob Gronkowski since he refused to commit to playing going forward, but could it result in him being traded?

The chances are increasing according to both Greg Bedard of the Boston Sports Journal (subscription required but recommended) and a "Bill Belichick-friendly source":

"A Bill Belichick-friendly source agreed with my thinking that once a player makes Belichick start to contemplate life without him, Belichick starts to warm to being without that player. "He imagines you gone," he said. The longer Gronkowski goes without saying he's all in, the chances of him being traded increases, the source said.

Bedard added "everyone" is in an agreement that a reunion with Jimmy Garoppolo in San Francisco is the most likely scenario for Gronkowski as maybe a makeup for robbing the Patriots in the trade for Garoppolo. The Rams were also floated.

Given that Bedard is especially plugged in with Belichick's way of thinking, Gronk seems to be tiring of the shackles in New England and Bill Belichick's proclivity to move on from players, it would not be astonishing if Gronk is traded soon.

What in the actual F#&K?

Mods can delete this, I just saw that it is in the Patriots 2018 thread... Here I was thinking I had breaking news...

Gronk is significant enough to warrant his own thread.

As much as the team before self can become a challenge to mega-stars it’s design is in avoidance of just this type of me atmosphere.

The guys a planet player. Done enough for me at such a meteoric rate he’s in my book easily the GOAT of TEs.

That being said, this is SO tiresome. If a trade with SF slightly in our favor to balance the JG prison rape were to present itself I’d have to say I’d be inclined to entertain it. He doesn’t have long if he’s thinking this way already too.

I have no clue what the value of an injury prone, about to retire, greatest of all time tight end would be.

Thoughts?

Right, if he's thinking about retiring then he's half way there in his mind already. If San Fran wants to give up their #9 then the pats will almost surely pull the trigger.

Right, if he's thinking about retiring then he's half way there in his mind already. If San Fran wants to give up their #9 then the pats will almost surely pull the trigger.

If any team was willing to give you a first you should probably sign the paperwork before they come back to their senses.

The only thing stopping that is that Brady likely only has a year or two left and it would make sense to keep a dominant player like Drink around for as many games as you can get out of him.

I could be waaaaaaay off base here, but based on circumstances I feel like Gronks value to the Patriots is likely way higher than his value to other teams.

Are the Pats trying to rebuild the 49'ers team or something? lol

send him off, this shit is getting old. He is a Diva of Mariah status.

Get as much as possible in return, retool the team and continue on the Dynasty with Johnny Football and the boys once Tom is gone.

send him off, this shit is getting old. He is a Diva of Mariah status.

Get as much as possible in return, retool the team and continue on the Dynasty with Johnny Football and the boys once Tom is gone.
Oh god please no. eeek:insane:

I said pretty much the same thing in the other thread but I think I would pull the trigger on this trade and it wouldn't even have to be a ridiculous offer from a team. I don't get why the reporter starting this rumor somehow thinks the Niners would give the Patriots more for Gronk because they screwed us so bad for Garoppolo. That's a Patriots problem, not a Niners problem. I'm done with the drama. I love what he brings on the field but off the field is unbearable. The Patriots have won with him and they have won without him. I'd like to see them get a top half of the 1st round pick for him then trade down and pick up one of the top TEs in the draft and just roll with him.

As long as he doesn't go to the Broncos or Seahawks.

If he wants to go I'd want a first this year and a second next year. The Browns would be a nice place for him.

If any team was willing to give you a first you should probably sign the paperwork before they come back to their senses.

The only thing stopping that is that Brady likely only has a year or two left and it would make sense to keep a dominant player like Drink around for as many games as you can get out of him.

I could be waaaaaaay off base here, but based on circumstances I feel like Gronks value to the Patriots is likely way higher than his value to other teams.

I don’t know how you could possibly figure that.

He’s the most dangerous player in the league at his position.

Every team has to gameplan for him specifically. Blink and he burns you.

That translates to every offense, provided you have a QB throwing a football. But even then, he’s a monster in the run game. So there’s that.

If he wants to go I'd want a first this year and a second next year. The Browns would be a nice place for him.

The Browns are gonna explode soon.

Not in a fan blowing up Cleveland way, but a positive way with all these picks.

Picture Barkley and a top QB added. Gordon. Now add Gronk? That’s nasty.

I have no clue what the value of an injury prone, about to retire, greatest of all time tight end would be.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure either, but I'm hoping it's 2 first round picks.

:)

Thoughts?

People pay for tomorrow, not yesterday and it would take an especially reckless GM to give him a heavily guaranteed, mega-rich deal that was also long-term.

However, I'd bet that just about any GM would give him two years at the top of the TE totem pole with a 3rd option year. I figure 11.5 per year might be enough, but somebody might go 12.

Far as trade value, I'd say a decent 1st and a 3rd or 2 2nds and a 3rd might get it done.

It's a hugely interesting speculation. I might be way lowballing what he could get.

People pay for tomorrow, not yesterday and it would take an especially reckless GM to give him a heavily guaranteed, mega-rich deal that was also long-term.

However, I'd bet that just about any GM would give him two years at the top of the TE totem pole with a 3rd option year. I figure 11.5 per year might be enough, but somebody might go 12.

Far as trade value, I'd say a decent 1st and a 3rd or 2 2nds and a 3rd might get it done.

It's a hugely interesting speculation. I might be way lowballing what he could get.

1st and a second with a conditional 2nd round pick in 2019 on playing availability

Back