Trade: Harry? Gilmore?

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
For each, do you WANT to see them moved? Do you THINK they will be?

I think Harry is gone. Too much interest in the rumor mills, too much water under the bridge here, and he's young enough for GMs to remember him before he was unwrapped.
Gilmore? I don't think so. I don't think he'll sit out the year, and I don't think the Patriots want to go into the season without him. I don't know what the market would be for him, either. Strong, but the cap is still a thing and his cap number would slash his value significantly.

I'd like them to keep Gilmore but suspect they won't. Either way, I suspect that Surtain/Farley would be on their board for #15. Well, depending on what they think of them.

I suspect Harry will go. It's a shame, but hopefully it works out for him elsewhere.

Oh and welcome (back) to the Planet. Long time, no see!

They will need to address WR . That would mean Agholor , Myers & Bourne are your Top 3 WR . Edelman is TBD for season .

Harry is a waste of a roster spot and it was apparent by early September his first year here. Who on earth would want him? He needs to be cut.

I got hated in then for that opinion.

I would prefer to keep Gilmore. Is his contract going to be a problem for New England? Will he make a fuss about it? No? Then you keep him. Thats a no brainer. If yes I can see him being moved out... Might get a three, most likely a five to some team in the nfc...

I dont care about Harry. Two years in and what do we have to show for it? Nada mucho. time to cut bait before it gets even stinkier.

Last edited:
If they trade Harry. I hope they resign Bryd . He a much better #3 or #4 option .we just have to hope Myers gets Better on outside.

I think if BB doesn't draft a WR he will bring Byrd back. He was solid enough, but at the moment he isn't needed. Further down the line he might, though.

As far as trades, I actually think unless something draft day comes along, Gilmore will just play his last year and leave. Then we'll see a comp pick for him.

Harry, I don't know. It seems really odd how coveted he seems considering how bad he's looked at times. It's not like he has an amazing stat that stands out, either. I would still hope that he can turn it around. But if Pats bring in a WR from the draft, and he can contribute right away, then N'Keal should be good as gone.

Kind of ironic that the NFLnetwork just reran the 2020 Seahawks/Pats and Harry had 3 of his better catches on our final drive. I'd forgotten about that. It made me
wonder what kind of season he might've had if he hadn't had his skull caved in a couple of times.

I'm good with him leaving. We've got the new FAs, I hope Jules will be back, we know Jakoby is a player and Byrd is solid.

We can only keep 5 or 6 at the outside and Harry might be the odd man out. He's had a rough go of it here. I feel bad for the guy,

Harry needs to be gone. I don't ever want to see him again. They'll be lucky if they're able to get a bag of footballs for him.

It depends on Gilmore. I'm happy to keep him but if someone blows us away with an offer, why not get what we can for him?

Harry needs to be gone. I don't ever want to see him again. They'll be lucky if they're able to get a bag of footballs for him.

It depends on Gilmore. I'm happy to keep him but if someone blows us away with an offer, why not get what we can for him?
I just feel that many are quitting on Harry before he gets a real chance. He is not the first to get injured early in their careers. He never got a chance to develop with a QB. Brady hated rookies and Cam just sucked last year. I remember many people say much of this same type of thing about Anquan Boldin his first two seasons. This talk of Bird he caught 47 passes for 1 TD and dropped a lot more . Harry caught 33 for 2 TDs and had a lot of passes thrown in the dirt buy Cam.

They will need to address WR . That would mean Agholor , Myers & Bourne are your Top 3 WR . Edelman is TBD for season .

I have some thoughts about this. I'll start by saying the Pats under BB have only had 1 WR1 and that was Randy Moss. BB doesn't need a WR1 for his passing game to be successful. Going back a ways to 2003, the Pats were effective and fun to watch with Deion Branch, David Givens and Troy Brown at WR & Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham at TE.
In 2011, the Pats had Deion Branch, Wes Welker and Chad Johnson at WR & Gronk and AHern at TE. That was pretty good, too.
That lineup is similar to our current lineup. The common denominators I see are a bunch of WR2s and 2 better than avg TEs. (Not saying these 2 TEs are as good as Gronk/Ahern)

I see our passing game going through the 2 TEs again which makes Agholor, Bourne, Edelman/Meyers plenty good enough with Gunner and Zuber in the wings.
I think that projects pretty well to be plenty effective for the passing game.

Rumors about Harry

View: https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1374687579770085393

Kind of ironic that the NFLnetwork just reran the 2020 Seahawks/Pats and Harry had 3 of his better catches on our final drive. I'd forgotten about that. It made me
wonder what kind of season he might've had if he hadn't had his skull caved in a couple of times.

I'm good with him leaving. We've got the new FAs, I hope Jules will be back, we know Jakoby is a player and Byrd is solid.

We can only keep 5 or 6 at the outside and Harry might be the odd man out. He's had a rough go of it here. I feel bad for the guy,
That seattle game... That was a bad seahawk secondary... worst in the league at the time... Both cam and harry looked good ... too bad it didn't translate for either of them... just a blip on the radar screen

I know there not exactly the same player but Agholor struggled every but as much as Harry has in his first couple of seasons and it never really panned out for him in PHL. I don't see Harry being successful here but it sucks, because I feel it may click for him down the road in a different uniform.

Back