Trader Joe's thread.

Get some apples to eat with the almond butter!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Still have over half a bushel from my friend Scott's 30 tree orchard in Hampton Falls, and I can still pick some more.

Thanks

Cheers

My sisters love the Kringle that appears at Trader Joe’s every fall. Not a huge fan myself, but it’s good once or twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking of wine. Hanging on cardboards in the wine area is IMO one of the world's great bargains the Trader Joes double hinge (double clutch I call it) waiter's corkscrew. Just 3 Dollars. Rugged, tactile, and smooth in operation. I have a 200 dollar rosewood Lagiuole waiters screw/ It's now in permanent retirement.
Further with wine, Our go to case wine is the Famille Perrin Reserve Cotes du Rhone Very nice table red from a longstanding celebrated wine producer (maker of the very famous Perrin Chateua de Beaucastle Chateauneuf du Pape

Off topic ROFL

As a kid mid 50s - mid 6s

WOWO Fort Wayne WAS A 5OK clear channel station I would listen to ( 🤷 ) on my 7 transistor portable radio.

Cheers
When I read your post, my first thought was . . . Is Boston Tim related to Steven Tyler? Or, maybe Boston Tim really is Steven Tyler. :woohoo:

I say that because Tyler has written and spoken of growing up in the New England area and how he would run a 50-foot wire from his radio to the top of an apple tree to get a better signal from WOWO. The first time I heard that I was amazed because I've always thought of Fort Wayne as being a step or more behind the major cities.

If you are interested, he talks about this in an interview on the Today Show. It's at about the 2:40 mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xilQSVv5c_Q

Like TJ's but we've switched to Sprouts (maybe just San Diego local) since parking situation so much easier.
But we go to TJ's anytime we are out of the best spice in the world....AND the kringles.
Of course we end up spending lots trying the nice selection of wines.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2020-10-16 at 11.10.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2020-10-16 at 11.10.20 PM.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 3
I'm generally not that impressed with sweets but my wife swears by the Speculoos Cookie Butter.

I can't believe I forgot to add that one. It's delish and reminiscent of Biscoff Cookie Butter (and is actually a takeoff of Biscoff). Both are spreads made from cookies.
Biscoff is a combo of biscuit and coffee = Biscoff. It's THE go to biscuit for europeans to go with coffee. Speculoos is a generic Belgian term used for any 'cookie'.
The spreads are a delicious substitute for peanut butter in sandwiches. It's even better on top of waffles, pancakes, crepes, etc. Both are delicious.

1602946132250.png

They also make a delicious pie crust. I've used both for a pie crust for cheese cake then spread more of it on top to make it even better. Heavenly.
The fam loves this. (The baked cheesecake recipes are far better than non baked).
I posted a recipe for this in the Circle thread about 4-6 wks ago.
1602947379616.png

So if they still sell this stuff, go out and buy it in bulk. My wife picked up a bottle of it a while back. I used it as a marinade on some chicken that I grilled but I never actually tried it. My wife loved it. Last night I decided to make stir fry and she requested that I use this stuff. I actually tried it this time and the stuff is amazing. Next time I see a Trader Joes I'll be going in to see if they have any.

Attachments

• Trader-Joe-San-Soyaki-Sauce.jpg
    Trader-Joe-San-Soyaki-Sauce.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
What i hate about TJ is i buy something to try, go back to get more and it's "seasonal". i mean stuff like garlic naan crackers, or dried baby bananas. stuff you would never think of as seasonal. it's the disney scarcity vs. demand model

I never knew they were owned by Aldi? They're the massive German low-cost supermarket chain.

I never knew they were owned by Aldi? They're the massive German low-cost supermarket chain.

We have anew Adli herein Concord, NH which I've been meaning to check out. But so far, even with all the shopping we don't have a Trader Joes.

Interesting that they are both different level grocery stores and when I say interesting, I mean kinda cool

Aldi and their great rival, Lidl, also German are everywhere over here and hugely popular. Very good pricing and some excellent own-brand products. Theo Albrecht jr is now worth about $25 Billion.

I can vouch for returning, and stocking up(mini dried whole bananas...nomnom). i get all my work salads there and once i got one that was minus the dressing, and once minus the chicken. i was already at work, and had opened it. so i took a pic, then ate it. next time i went, i just mentioned it to them so they knew that may be an issue with others. i didn't expect $ back or even ask because i ate them. but they gave me another one of each free!

I can vouch for returning, and stocking up(mini dried whole bananas...nomnom). i get all my work salads there and once i got one that was minus the dressing, and once minus the chicken. i was already at work, and had opened it. so i took a pic, then ate it. next time i went, i just mentioned it to them so they knew that may be an issue with others. i didn't expect $ back or even ask because i ate them. but they gave me another one of each free!

Customer service is high on the list for TJ employees.

Back