Transgender Athletes; Should there be a Line?

deec77

Reaction score
https://www.boston.com/news/high-sc...cticut-high-school-track-transgender-athletes

Thoughts? Personally, anyone who claims that transgendered women (biologically men) don’t have a huge advantage are being deliberately obtuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed, not to mention years of struggles to get scholarships, our own lockers rooms, decent sports programs via title nine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ile-federal-complaint/?utm_term=.48d78d6ac5cd

They are still biological males like it or not.
Gender is a social norm, period end of discussion.

~Dee~

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
"The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which governs high school sports in the state, says its policy follows a state anti-discrimination law requiring students to be treated in school according to the gender with which they identify. That means that athletes can compete according to their expressed gender identity as opposed to their sex assigned at birth."

assigned seems to imply the hospital randomly appointed the label male or female as opposed to describing the sexual characteristics to which the child was born.

I am all for rights of people to identify themselves as male or female. I get some people feel trapped within themselves, while some are born with both characteristics, or ambiguous genitalia, that is a minority.

the only way to properly address this is to assign a new Birth test to check for X,X or X,Y Chromosomes and make that the deciding factor in the "Birth" designation that will be the deciding factor for which path you would take in gender based competitions. No longer will we have male/female sports but a new system in place calling for "Y" or "X" based on the testing done at birth. So all people who have a "X,Y" chromosomes participate together. Same with all born "X,X".

This will eliminate how one mentally identifies, forcing a DNA based allocation.

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
This is obviously sad for talented athletes who deserve to compete on a level playing field. It’s ridiculous that the situation exists. But I do have to sneer at the politically correct morons driving all this gender based, sanctimonious argument. It’s blowing up on them in ways they’d never imagined. Do you give athletes a fair shot? Awful hard to support equality for women and support identifying as whatever gender you want.

subroc

Interested Observer
Reaction score
Sports should be about biology. How do feminists square their loyalty to women with party with acceptance? It must be awful to be in their heads and try to square all those conflicting interests. From the outside looking in it appears they abandoned women and woman's sports for extreme left wing party politics.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
This is obviously sad for talented athletes who deserve to compete on a level playing field. It’s ridiculous that the situation exists. But I do have to sneer at the politically correct morons driving all this gender based, sanctimonious argument. It’s blowing up on them in ways they’d never imagined. Do you give athletes a fair shot? Awful hard to support equality for women and support identifying as whatever gender you want.

This.

I say we let it carry on for awhile, letting the girly men crush the female athletes in every endeavor for a few years.

Then the feminists go to war with the LGBTQ crowd. It's a win-win.

On a serious note...let it go on for awhile until we see some sanity coming from the left on this issue. Let the ones who created the problem solve it.

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Reaction score
This.

I say we let it carry on for awhile, letting the girly men crush the female athletes in every endeavor for a few years.

On a serious note...let it go on for awhile until we see some sanity coming from the left on this issue. Let the ones who created the problem solve it.

popcorn

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I really need to find a good resource for PC terminology.

What do you call these athletes that are men that identify as women? "Transgender" is just a cross dresser, right? What do you call the self identity people?

What do you call someone that is a bigot toward these gender identity female athletes? I need that word.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Can a male that identifies as female refuse to sign up for selective service at 18? Seems to me they should be able to dodge it.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
This.

Good luck getting that genie back in the bottle!

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
I've experienced the trans athlete impact personally. Playing in a corporate golf tournament. All sorts of prizes and dough available. One of my customers is a former guy. Not only that he/she is a hell of an athlete and golfer. You can imagine who wins the long drive contest.. playing off the ladies tees. It was hilarious, he/she won that thing by 100 yards and there was a lot of pissed off players.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
If a man wants to identify as a woman or visa versa, dress as such all the way up to and including surgery, more power to them. It's their life. I can chalk a whole lot of shit up to "live and let live". That said, I draw the line @ the following:

Subsidizing those decisions via tax dollars and/or marketplace insurance.
Allowing patently obvious competitive advantages in physical competition/sport.
Having to acquiesce when it comes to gender specific pronouns or "your truth" nonsense.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember the controversy over various East German woman Olympic athletes having "gender" issues.

The overwhelming opinion at the time was that they should not be allowed to compete because it gave them an 'unfair" advantage.

Of course, it's certainly not possible that anyone would be like this. (http://southpark.cc.com/clips/qc4907/cartmans-special-plan ) :coffee:

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="https://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=Ff-6Tot1duAIsfXix6hnBQ&partner=southpark&sourceUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsouthpark.cc.com%2Fclips%2Fqc4907%2Fcartmans-special-plan&embed_age_gate_intro=false&enable_mature_intro=false" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score

deec77

Reaction score
You can't change your DNA...you can lob off whatever sex organs you want, but, you're still whatever you were born as.

Yes, but that would be considered a transsexual.

Using the term transgender doesn’t necessarily mean transsexual. The terms aren’t interchangeable no matter what the media and politicians claim. Gender has to do with societies norms concerning gender roles. Sex is a biological term.

Transsexuals believe they were born in the wrong body literally, and go to great lengths to change their bodies.

Transgenders “identify” with the opposite gender roles and feel more comfortable with said roles.

It’s really doing a disservice to those who are transsexuals, by trivializing their plight.

~Dee~

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
yes, but that would be considered a transsexual.

Using the term transgender doesn’t necessarily mean transsexual. The terms aren’t interchangeable no matter what the media and politicians claim. Gender has to do with societies norms concerning gender roles. Sex is a biological term.

Transsexuals believe they were born in the wrong body literally, and go to great lengths to change their bodies.

Transgenders “identify” with the opposite gender roles and feel more comfortable with said roles.

It’s really doing a disservice to those who are transsexuals, by trivializing their plight.

~dee~
so basing where you play a sport based on biological makeup should be the solution. So put these biologically X,Y kids into the biologically X,Y offered sport to compete.

johnlocke

Reaction score
There is always the market solution of creating new leagues. Problem solved.:toast:

subroc

Interested Observer
Reaction score
I'll set my Friday night aside right now. I could watch the bikini league first and the what, transgender league next? Sound like a night of gripping sports to be sure.