Trash Talking

stork48... If you want to be a troll then at least try to be a good one. So far your efforts are pathetic.

Say something like...

Christ o-mighty you guys are going to get your freaking asses kicked cause you got no running game. You got a rook punter who is a nervous nelly and your star WR is all washed up.

See if you mix half truths in with your jive it is much more effective.
Now.... come back with something we all can sink our teeth into.

stork48 said:
i think you guys are worried about this game and dont want to admit it??? dont worry so much brb

This is a message board dedicated to discussing the Patriots and the NFL (with some Girlie pics mixed in ;) ). The relevant topic of the week is the Dolphins. The Dolphins have been trash talking, therefore we're discussing it.

One of the keys to this team's success is that they worry about every game. They don't look past opponents, especially a divisional rival. As Pookie said, we worry about every game. I think that's a direct effect of how the team approaches things.

stork48 said:
I dont think whether you worry or not changes the outcome of the game does it????

Yes it does. Apparently you know nothing about karma, mojo or juju and the influences that we have on wins and losses. You silly rookie.

stork48 said:
i think you guys are worried about this game and dont want to admit it???

Is this an actual guppy troll? I've read about them but never actually had the pleasure of seeing one in person. (Dolfan doesn't count, he is more like a goldfish that we keep in a bowl). So tell us, what makes those little pollywogs so frightful? :eek:

stork48 said:
I dont think whether you worry or not changes the outcome of the game does it????

Duh.

As fans, only the 68,000 in the stands can have any impact on the game (unless you're Pookie and believe in mojo). That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss the issues.

Is there a point to your posts? Are you a 'Fins fan trying to make waves? If you are, refer to Ballbustah's post above.

pookie said:
Yes it does. Apparently you know nothing about karma, mojo or juju and the influences that we have on wins and losses. You silly rookie.

so thats how you guys get so lucky!! its karma,huh

maybe i should go buy a fung schway (spelling?)book and the fins will win sunday!!!!

I'm not a big trash talker, I think the game will be awesome sunday. It has all the elements to be a great game.bad weather, div. rivals going at it for first place.

series history dolphins 44 patsies 29

after sunday 45.nuf said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stork48 said:
I think the game will be awesome sunday. It has all the elements to be a great game.bad weather, div. rivals going at it for first place.

Not to split hairs here, but even it the Dolphins win, the Pats will still be in first place. That's right a 2 game cushion with only 4 to play, plus a better AFC record. Doesn't look all that good for the Fins. Better hope wild card.

But you're right. It should be a good game. Looks like a massive snow storm on Saturday into Sunday.

given, two game cushion, but I meant as the season goes on they always seem to be battling for first place no matter who the opponent is.

Not to split hairs here, but even it the Dolphins win, the Pats will still be in first place. That's right a 2 game cushion with only 4 to play, plus a better AFC record. Doesn't look all that good for the Fins. Better hope wild card.

But you're right. It should be a good game. Looks like a massive snow storm on Saturday into Sunday.

You still have to play the Bills - does 31-0 ring a bell?

stork48 said:
so thats how you guys get so lucky!! its karma,huh

maybe i should go buy a fung schway (spelling?)book and the fins will win sunday!!!!

I'm not a big trash talker, I think the game will be awesome sunday. It has all the elements to be a great game.bad weather, div. rivals going at it for first place.

series history dolphins 44 patsies 29

after sunday 45.nuf said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't care what the overall series record is. Many of those Miami wins came when the Pats were truly putrid in the early 70's and 80's. I prefer to look at the games where something was at stake for both teams, and in those, the Pats are quite dominant. Here's just a few highlights:

- '85 AFC Championship in Miami, nuff said!!!

- '86 Monday night finale in Miami, winner claims division, Pats win.

- '93 finale in Foxboro, Miami needs win for playoffs, Pats are 4-11. Pats win.

- '97 Monday night finale in Miami, winner claims division, Pats win.

- '02 finale in Foxboro, Miami can win division with win. Pats win and knock Miami out.

Miami hasn't won a big game since '74. When they do, then you can trash talk.

That being said, like most Pats-Fin games, it should be a good one.

BigFinFan said:
You still have to play the Bills - does 31-0 ring a bell?

Yep. That's the game we lost week 1. We've won 10 of 11 since. Your point? The Bills are a disheartened team and the emotional letdown of the whole Milloy thing is long gone. We've got the potential Pro Bowl starting strong safety for the AFC currently. We'll think about the Bills week 17.

bideau said:
I really don't care what the overall series record is. Many of those Miami wins came when the Pats were truly putrid in the early 70's and 80's. I prefer to look at the games where something was at stake for both teams, and in those, the Pats are quite dominant. Here's just a few highlights:

- '85 AFC Championship in Miami, nuff said!!!

- '86 Monday night finale in Miami, winner claims division, Pats win.

- '93 finale in Foxboro, Miami needs win for playoffs, Pats are 4-11. Pats win.

- '97 Monday night finale in Miami, winner claims division, Pats win.

- '02 finale in Foxboro, Miami can win division with win. Pats win and knock Miami out.

Miami hasn't won a big game since '74. When they do, then you can trash talk.

That being said, like most Pats-Fin games, it should be a good one.

Is that the best that you can do?

31-0 does ring a bell.

Do you think there will be a similar outcome at Gillette on 12-27-03?

BigFinFan said:
Is that the best that you can do?

Sorry, didn't mean for the facts to get in the way. So we'll go your route.

The conspiracy by the league to ensure the Pats win out is still in place. Hell, they had the foresight to schedule the game the same day as a snowstorm. That alone ensures a Pats win.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the 'Fins held a workout inside a iceskating rink. I guess they're not worried about the weather.

The great thing about last week's win is that it gives us a cushion. Sunday is a must win game for Miami, so the Pats will definitely take advantage of that. I bet they'll come out very, very aggressive on both sides of the ball, hopefully either have some big offensive plays early, or turn-overs on defense and put this game out of reach.

bideau said:
Sorry, didn't mean for the facts to get in the way. So we'll go your route.

The conspiracy by the league to ensure the Pats win out is still in place. Hell, they had the foresight to schedule the game the same day as a snowstorm. That alone ensures a Pats win.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the 'Fins held a workout inside a iceskating rink. I guess they're not worried about the weather.

Never heard of the conspiracy theory.

Nice rumor - very humorous!

I was only stating that what happened in '74 is ancient history. I really don't give a rats ass about what happened last year either. This year is what counts, and this weekend is what counts the most!

I agree with what you say about the past.... still....
There is an undeniable lemming like quality the Phins bring with them late in the season while playing in Foxboro.

I think your wrong, this year seems to be a team of different trends. I think our december slump happened in late october this year, so watch out it looks like the patsies could have the december slump from now on!!

Ballbustah said:
I agree with what you say about the past.... still....
There is an undeniable lemming like quality the Phins bring with them late in the season while playing in Foxboro.

Still referencing what has happened in the past. This is a diferent team with a totally different outlook than the past teams.

We are currently undefeated in December!

Your absolutely right.

I predict a total ass whoopin by the Phins.

Back