Trash Talking

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
The war of words is picking up between the Pats and 'Fins.

Pats, Dolphins talk a good game

Here's some highlights:

Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael has a problem with Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, after the pair sparred during and after the Pats' 19-13 overtime win in Miami in October. Dolphins defensive lineman Tim Bowens has a problem with Pats special teamer Chris Akins, who Bowens took a swing at in the tunnel after the October meeting. Dolphins fullback Rob Konrad has a problem with Pats management, as the North Andover native feels Bill Belichick and his staff weren't honest with him during the free agent process.

There's more.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt was openly rooting for Peyton Manning and the Colts last weekend. Some Dolphins players feel the Pats' last-second win in Indianapolis was, in the words of defensive lineman Adewale Ogunleye, ``Patriots luck.''Some Dolphins feel their last two losses to the Pats were, in the words of another defensive lineman, Larry Chester, ``Christmas gifts.''

``They said some things after that last game that sparked some interest in a few guys in here,'' Pats quarterback Tom Brady said. ``Have you talked to Rodney yet?''

When asked about McMichael, Harrison's first response was: ``Who?''

Harrison then elaborated.

``(McMichael) said some comments after the game and then he sees me in the parking lot and comes up and tells me what a great safety I am,'' he said. ``So he tells you one thing but then he comes up to my face, as he's drinking a beer, and is like, `Oh, man, you're the best safety I've gone against.' I think he's a very talented guy with a future ahead of him. I just think he needs to shut his mouth and play football.''

McMichael, who torched the Pats with eight catches for 102 yards in the first meeting, refrained from commenting on Harrison yesterday, although teammate Jason Taylor, another member of the Dolphins' defensive line, was happy to speak.

``Rodney Harrison can talk trash all he wants,'' Taylor said. ``He's still got to cover Randy. He's one of the best out there. So my money is on Randy all day.''

Meanwhile, some of Harrison's postgame comments have been blown up and posted in the Dolphins locker room.

``When he makes a catch, he gets up and does his little dance,'' Harrison is quoted as saying. ``So when we get a chance, we're going to make him pay. We're going to try and rip his head off.''

:
:

McMichael was asked if he felt the Pats had stolen the last two games.

``Oh, definitely,'' he said. ``We beat them for three quarters and we lost one. That's basically what it's been the last two times.''

Added Chester: ``Yeah. That was two early Christmas gifts. That was all on the physical play of our team. It wasn't on the coaching or any other aspect but the players. We gave them those.''

Harrison wouldn't take the bait.

``I just know it's war every time you step on the field,'' he said. ``That's what you take it as. It all comes down to hitting somebody in the mouth and doing it on the field. The rest of the talk is cheap.

``It's words. It's all it is.''

I love the Dolphins attitude. Chock up the Pats success to luck and gifts. I wonder what their excuse will be after this weekend?

Unbelievable. I beginning to hate the Dolphins more than any other team I think.

You know, I realized something this morning. With all the expectations that are on the phins every year, and all the talk about them, they are either entirely OVER-RATED, or they are the biggest bunch of pathetic UNDER ACHIEVERS.

I think its probably a combination of both.

These excuse making, arrogant Dolphin players would probably be much better served by not pi$$ing off Rodney Harisson! I would think that the last thing they would want to do is give the Pats defense the feeling as though they have something to prove.

On another note.... I just checked the TV listings here in the Dallas area. What a rip! Off to the sports bar I go.

Trash Talk

All the Dolphins know how to do is talk but they should concentrate all that on playing in freezing weather. Something that I do know is that Rodney will be ready for that game.

_Go PATS!!!

I found this on the Finheaven forum and it was amusing enough to post here. A rap "fight song" as posted by Section126. I'm no rapper, but I thought this was pretty good, has a certain meanacing vibe and makes my poems look like old-fashioned and dusty. I need to get me some street cred.

Anyway, I tried to determine what the bleeped-out lyrics could possibly be, but used the word "poop" and that just might be it:

This song is to the beat and tempo of "Hit em' Up" By 2PAC

Tell me what you think.

Verse One: Tupac deep voice

First off, **** your team and the city you claim
Our side when we ride come equipped with game
You claim to be players but watch your wives
We bust on the AFC, yeah your ****ed for life
The AFC is our competition, weak hearts we rip
Bills, Jets and the Pats are a pile of ****
We keep on comin' while we runnin for those jewels
steady gunnin, keep on bustin at the fools, you know the rules
The Boyz in thanksgivin', go tell'em all how we left ya
cut your young *** up, leave you in pieces, now be deceased
We let them know it's on for life
So let the Dolphins ride tonight hahahah
You get murdered on gridiron, and killed
**** wit' us and get ya *** kicked, you know ... see ...

Chorus:
Grab ya cleats, when you see da fins
Run and hide, when you see da fins, uhh
Who beat us, but ya punks didn't finish
Now ya bout to feel the wrath of a menace
Come on D, hit em' up...

Verse Two:
Get out the way yo, get out the way yo
The afc just got dropped
Little tommy brady, pass the rock, and let me hit him in his back
Bledsoe needs to get spanked right, for the balls he lacks
Little chad, yeah we heard-a ya
It's a Zach attack when were playin' ya
With the ready power truckin with Rick we devour
ya get beat up, pretty sour, number 34 is the man of the hour
and hit em up

Chorus

Verse Three:
Were from the M-I-A, your gonna get beat
I'll tell ya now that your in for a treat
Start you off with chambers then give you the demon as a chaser
Gonna get yo *** kicked on more than paper
Other teams approach the scene
The pats and Bills and those pukes in green
you gonna get smoke, we aint no joke
Winning is our Life, you betta be knowin, we approchin'
in the wide open, you *** we be smokin
no need for hopin, you already lost, I got across, I repeat
the fact that you can't compete
DAWL----FINS!!!!!
We hit em up

Chorus

Hawg73 said:
I found this on the Finheaven forum and it was amusing enough to post here. A rap "fight song" as posted by Section126. I'm no rapper, but I thought this was pretty good, has a certain meanacing vibe and makes my poems look like old-fashioned and dusty. I need to get me some street cred.

Anyway, I tried to determine what the bleeped-out lyrics could possibly be, but used the word "poop" and that just might be it:

Wow, Maya Angelou, move aside. We have a new national poet. I sure hope the Pats don't read this, they may just be too ascared to show up.

Let's throw another log on the fire. Tom Curran of the ProJo has a slightly different angle on the trash talking:

Dolphins don't feel Pats are the team to beat

Here's some highlights:

The Miami Dolphins think the Patriots are lucky. They don't necessarily think the Patriots are a bad team. The Dolphins are just convinced that they're a lot more talented. And they can't bring themselves to take New England seriously.

You won't find one quote that serves as the smoking gun. You will, however, see a pattern in what they say, each hinting at a belief that absolutely runs from their front office through their locker room.

Dismissiveness drips from their words. It is obvious on their faces and doctors their body language.

:
:

Reports from Miami said that Wannstedt was noticeably disgusted when asked about the Colts game.

:
:

And that is no doubt why a player like Dolphins defensive lineman Larry Chester said in October.

"We get to see this team again and I don't want them to lose another game. I want them at a high, as confident as they can be, on Cloud 9, thinking they can't be touched. I just want them to have the crown, and then we can take it from them."

By happy coincidence, Chester has gotten his wish. The Patriots haven't lost since before they last beat Miami. And the Dolphins have the chance to do one of two things Sunday. They can either prove their suspicion that they are better than New England is grounded in fact, or they can be slipped another convincer.

Larry Chester said in October:

"We get to see this team again and I don't want them to lose another game. I want them at a high, as confident as they can be, on Cloud 9, thinking they can't be touched. I just want them to have the crown, and then we can take it from them."

What an idiot (Chester). The Pats don't get on Cloud Nine or even Cloud Five. They just have confidence. They don't waste energy thinking they are better than teams they spend it finding ways to win. I think the Dolphins are trying to convince themselves that they deserve to win and to me that smacks of insecurity. It is also counterproductive. No one is going to hand them the game based on their own over-inflated opinion of themselves. This game is all about revenge for the Dolphins, and I think that will end up being their downfall.

NoRespect said:
What an idiot (Chester). I think the Dolphins are trying to convince themselves that they deserve to win and to me that smacks of insecurity. It is also counterproductive.

Reminds me of how Vi-queens fans feel about losing the NFC CHampionship game in '98 - remember, they played at home and pretty much had the game wrapped up and then the Falcons came back and won in OT? All the Queens fans were crying, "Atlanta had no business winning that game!"

Bull. It doesn't matter who is perceived as the better team, it's who has the most points when the clock runs out, PERIOD. To be honest, with the way we played in the second half in Indy I didn't feel we "deserved" to win either, but at the last moment we made the plays and kept Indy from scoring again, so we won and thus "deserved" to win because we made the plays to win.

Someone said on another post that the Fiends fans are still living off their big seasons in the '70's. Reminds me of Packers fans, it doesn't matter how many Super Bowls or league championships (before the merger) your team won, what your history is, what matters is what you do TODAY. In 2003. That's why I think everybody is against us - we were a bad team for so long, and people don't like to see change, they want things predictable. (Unless their team is doing bad, that is.)

Getting back to the Packers things, ask fans of any other of the 31 teams in the league, and they will verify this - anytime the Packers lose, I GUARANTEE you will hear the same thing from their fans - "Oh, well, we've got three SB rings and won 12 total league championships, Vince Lombardi, blah blah blah..." Well you know what? Vince Lombardi has been dead for over 30 years. A team is only as good as they are doing this season. Bob Griese and Larry Csonka don't play for Miami anymore, and if Jay Fiedler and Ricky Williams can't cut the snuff, that's tough.

That said, may the best team win this Sunday. :thumb:

Undertaker #59 said:
they are either entirely OVER-RATED, or they are the biggest bunch of pathetic UNDER ACHIEVERS.
I think its probably a combination of both.
One thing for sure every September......Dolphins and Steelers will be highly overated once again.

These Dolphins just don't get it. In a Q&A session with Chris Chambers, the following gem came out:

3. The three best cornerbacks in the league?

``Patrick Surtain. Champ Bailey is pretty good. After that, I'm not real big on corners. There aren't too many good ones. I guess Charles Woodson when he's healthy.''

Chris Chambers, I'd like to introduce you to Ty Law. Ty, this is the guy that doesn;t think you're too good. Enjoy the game, Chris.

bideau said:
Chris Chambers, I'd like to introduce you to Ty Law. Ty, this is the guy that doesn;t think you're too good. Enjoy the game, Chris.

I hope Chambers gets a nice warm welcome from the welcoming committee headed up by Rodney Harrison! This guy just doesn't know when to shut up does he?

:STFU:

if they are a joke why are you guys talking about them all the time?

stork48 said:
if they are a joke why are you guys talking about them all the time?

Probably because we're playing them this weekend.... Could that be it?

Because the Pats are playing them in two days....

Oops Pook beat me to it.

Why would anyone be unknowing enough to ask why we are talking about the Phins.

i think you guys are worried about this game and dont want to admit it??? dont worry so much brb

stork48 said:
i think you guys are worried about this game and dont want to admit it??? dont worry so much brb

We worry about every game. It's the NFL. We worried about the Texans game. Did the Dolphins? Apparently not.

I dont think whether you worry or not changes the outcome of the game does it????

Back