Trip of a lifetime....

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Well, on Saturday AM, I will get on my motorcycle, meet my brother and two friends, and set out west, heading for Oregon. Took a month off from work, and it felt really good to make it clear I wasn't asking for the time off, I was taking it, and see ya later. They were cool with it.. even paying me, but if they had objected, I'd have quit, because I got to do this and I am running out of next years.
It's been a year of planning and spending a shit ton of money on gear and bike safety and comfort upgrades. About all that's left is pack my stuff and turn the key. Once we get to Oregon we will decide what route to take home. Playing it day to day.

Wish me luck!

Well, on Saturday AM, I will get on my motorcycle, meet my brother and two friends, and set out west, heading for Oregon. Took a month off from work, and it felt really good to make it clear I wasn't asking for the time off, I was taking it, and see ya later. They were cool with it.. even paying me, but if they had objected, I'd have quit, because I got to do this and I am running out of next years.
It's been a year of planning and spending a shit ton of money on gear and bike safety and comfort upgrades. About all that's left is pack my stuff and turn the key. Once we get to Oregon we will decide what route to take home. Playing it day to day.

Wish me luck!
Have a fun trip!

Wish me luck!
Good for you man. If I took a full month off there's about a 0% chance I would come back. :ROFLMAO:

kalo taxidi.

it's a greek blessing for have a good trip.
as you look Up.

normally we cross ourselves.
up to you.

but it is awesome what you are doing.
hope you check in occasionally.

Wish me luck!
Do I envy you! Stay safe. Have a grand ride. And stay awake. America. Motorcycles are everywhere.

Cheers, :hello:

@patswin I'm assuming if you're going to Oregon that you will be riding down the coast. If you like breweries, there's a place we found in Pacific City called Pelican Brewing Company. There's also a little diner there called Grateful Bread. They had great breakfast.

Wish me luck!
Just in time for prime riot season in Portland!

@patswin I'm assuming if you're going to Oregon that you will be riding down the coast. If you like breweries, there's a place we found in Pacific City called Pelican Brewing Company. There's also a little diner there called Grateful Bread. They had great breakfast.
Alk, thanks. We're targeting a bit south of there initially. Rt 20 is the longest highway in the US, it starts in Kenmore Square Boston and goes all the way to Newport OR. 3365 miles. So Newport is our turnaround point and we're trying to stay on Rt 20 as much as we can westbound. It goes through Cleveland and Chicago and we want no part of those so there will be some detours, but once past Chicago... US 20. Other possible detour is Yellowstone area, since 20 goes right through that park and that entrance is closed at least for now.
We have to get to Oregon and then figure out which way home.. up the coast, down the coast, back through SD and the Black Hills.. endless options really, even might do Crater Lake and Glacier NP in Montana. Have to be flexible with forest fire detours and such.
Can't wait, and there will be debacles and challenges I am sure, All part of the deal.

Wish me luck!
Have fun living the dream!!!! And good luck.

~Dee~

Oregon is gonna be hot and lots of mosquitoes this time of year but maybe you are used to that.There was a cavern there, i can't for the life of me remember the name. I just remember being awed.

you gotta check out route 66, you just gotta. maybe on your return, gonna be a little south i think.
everybody needs to ride on route 66 at some point in their lives, just my opinion.

edit for a song. but there is many. it's also fairly awesome, again just my opinion.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnQKSIshNQ

Last edited:

Wish me luck!
Back in 73 my long time best friend and I went from New Hampshire to Alaska and back on bikes. We were gone from May till Sept Was not always great, but was the best time over all.

Oregon is gonna be hot and lots of mosquitoes this time of year but maybe you are used to that.There was a cavern there, i can't for the life of me remember the name. I just remember being awed.

you gotta check out route 66, you just gotta. maybe on your return, gonna be a little south i think.
everybody needs to ride on route 66 at some point in their lives, just my opinion.

edit for a song. but there is many. it's also fairly awesome, again just my opinion.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnQKSIshNQ

Oregon and Route 66 are two different things...

Back