Trouble In Packerland - Where It Went Wrong

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This answers a lot of questions.

The questions about the coach-quarterback relationship have heated up with every Packers loss this season. Even after a win over Buffalo, Rodgers criticized the offense and blamed the game plan. “It was as bad as we’ve played on offense with that many yards in a long time,” he said. “There was no flow to the game… We were championship defensive level and non-playoff team offensive level today. That was not great, by any stretch of the imagination.” (Rodgers later clarified that he put most of the blame on himself rather than the coaching staff.)
That mini-controversy was nothing compared to what CBS cameras captured during a victory over the Bengals last season. After taking a sack late in the third quarter, Rodgers looked to the sideline. It didn’t take an expert lip-reader to decipher his message. “Stupid f---ing call!” And then again for good measure. “Stupid f---ing call!” The following week, when Rodgers walked into his individual meeting with McCarthy, the head coach had the broadcast clip pulled up on the screen, ready to review and discuss. Early in Rodgers’s career, McCarthy spent a lot of time coaching him to better control his body language when he was frustrated. That day, they had something of a refresher course.

McCarthy is the play caller, but because Rodgers is so intelligent and such a good improvisational player, the quarterback has the green light to change plays on the field as he see fit. He does, so often that it can be hard for McCarthy to get into a rhythm as the play caller. McCarthy might call the same play three times in a game, without the play actually being run as he called it. And if McCarthy calls a play that Rodgers doesn’t like early in the game, that can sour the mood for the rest of the game. Several sources familiar with the inner workings of the organization say that it devolved into a competition over who can call the better play, and both want the credit when things go right.

Much more here:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/29/g...er.com&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_medium=social

All QBs are divas. All of them. We've always kind of known that, but we're really finding out to what degree, nowadays. :coffee:

The dude who couldn't spell cat if you didn't spot him the c and t called all his own plays.

How times have changed...

More you think about it the more Rodgers may push to get McDaniels there. He'll push for an inventive, offensive-based coach with a history of working with top level QBs.

More you think about it the more Rodgers may push to get McDaniels there. He'll push for an inventive, offensive-based coach with a history of working with top level QBs.
If McDaniels leaves I would hope he'd go to Cleveland. Great young QB and talent all over that roster just waiting for a quality coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

If McDaniels leaves I would hope he'd go to Cleveland. Great young QB and talent all over that roster just waiting for a quality coaching staff.

It makes more sense...still don't know if it happens though.

With Rodgers' apparent reputation with coaches and players, would McDaniels want to coach him . . .

Rodgers is 35, trending down, overrated to begin with, and now a coach killer.

Josh would be a fool.

Josh would be a fool.

I agree 100% as it is kind of a no win situation. If they win, Rodgers gets the credit, if they loose Rodgers can not get good coaching.

Also, I honestly feel Rodgers is not what the nation things he is and would likely not fair much better under McDaniels.

And as you mentioned, is 35, on the downside, and for most of his career needed round 2 picks (or higher) surrounding him so he can play pretty play ground ball.

Josh would be a fool.

The Packers would never give all of the power to McD...all he would be is a glorified offensive coordinator there. Would be a dumb business decision...

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Philbin is the most logical choice for them...

McCarthy will land quickly. Personally I think Pitt could be a spot. I’m thinking Tomlin might finally get his due.

McCarthy will land quickly. Personally I think Pitt could be a spot. I’m thinking Tomlin might finally get his due.

McCarthy is an overrated buffoon. As overrated as Rodgers is he's always carried McCarthy. That being said, I'd love to see him go to Pittsburgh and pour some gasoline on that dumpster fire.

NO WAY!! Why would he want to work with that Diva filled team? I rather have Luck

Is the QB any less of a Diva? Rookie snubbing his old coach is BS, Game was over.

No thanks.
he's coming!!!!!!!!

Back