Troy Polamalu

Last night, he didn't look very good on one of those td's, he just let his man go for no apparent reason.

Actually, last night serves to illustrate one of my opinions. Many times (not all), the Steelers have won in spite of Ben, not because of him. Last night, Troy and Harrison were both pretty quiet, so Ben didn't have anyone to bail him out. Result, a nice big check in the old "L" column.

Most overrated player in the league. If it weren't for the dead black squirrel under his helmet making him recognizable, I'd swear he never is on the field when the Pats play <s>our bitches</s> the Steelers. Much of the same in the playoffs. He's like Ed Reed, if Ed Reed sucked.

Most overrated player in the league. If it weren't for the dead black squirrel under his helmet making him recognizable, I'd swear he never is on the field when the Pats play <s>our bitches</s> the Steelers. Much of the same in the playoffs. He's like Ed Reed, if Ed Reed sucked.

had me at dead:thumb:

Funny thing about him though. Usually, even when he's out of position, he ends up factoring in the play. He doesn't stop, he gets on the ball, and when he's 100%, he can read a QB pretty darn well. I'd take the guy on my team any day. And honestly, I can't name any better candidate for DPoY this year.

IMO, the REAL DPoY was on the field last night, but it wasn't Polamalu. It was #52 in green and gold. Dude is the linchpin of their defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

IMO, the REAL DPoY was on the field last night, but it wasn't Polamalu. It was #52 in green and gold. Dude is the linchpin of their defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Claymaker.

Maybe that puts enough pressure on BB to deviate from the JAGS we have to "set the edge".

He is 500 thousand times more intimidating when he doesn't speak.

Polamalu is the designated freelancer in the Steelers defense, although Timmons has also held that title in some games once he reached the level Lebeau wanted from him. Freelancing tends to make big splashy plays, but usually against lesser QBs/playcallers, last night wasn't one of those nights. :coffee:

Why is it everytime I see this guy play he's not very good, yet he wins defensive player of the year, and he's talked about like's he's the second coming:shrug:

I'm not saying the guy isn't really good, but IMO he's overrated.

I think he's one of the most over rated players in the league, based on him rarely being a factor against the Pats. One of my favorite memories from the 2004 season playoffs, was Dillon dragging Troy into the endzone during a 25 yard TD run.

But enough about Meriweather, what do you think about Polamalu?

Oh my God, it hadn't even occurred to me that two of the hard hitting safeties in the NFL make every member of the Jackson 5 sounds like Barry White by comparison.

He's definitely overrated when he's in there, but for some reason when he's not, the Steelers defense plays like crap.

Oh my God, it hadn't even occurred to me that two of the hard hitting safeties in the NFL make every member of the Jackson 5 sounds like Barry White by comparison.
Tito, get me some tissues. Jermaine, stop teasing.

No part of that defense plays the pats very well, and that goes for him as well. When he plays the pats, I dont even see him most of the time. Whatever defense they run out there, the pats have the answer for, for whatever reason.

lol, Troy overrated is laughable. He won multiple games this year by himself. The thing about Troy is he'll get burned sometimes, and sometimes he won't have the best form with his tackles, but you know (when he's healthy, and is playing his usual role) he's going to make the key play at the key moment to completely change the game. When he's back in deep coverage all day, and isn't moving around, coming up to the line, blitzing occasionally, and creating confusion, aka when he's not playing his game, he's average. When he is playing his game, he's a game changer. He hasn't been in that role pretty much the whole playoffs for some reason. He also for whatever reason isn't properly utilized against the Pats. I don't know why the past few times we've played you guys LeBeau has gone vanilla with less creative blitzes and less moving people around.

Back