Troy Polamalu

tehrick67

Reaction score
Why is it everytime I see this guy play he's not very good, yet he wins defensive player of the year, and he's talked about like's he's the second coming:shrug:

I'm not saying the guy isn't really good, but IMO he's overrated.

Why is it everytime I see this guy play he's not very good, yet he wins defensive player of the year, and he's talked about like's he's the second coming:shrug:

I'm not saying the guy isn't really good, but IMO he's overrated.

He was not even close to 100% the last bit of the season but when he is healthy, he IS a difference maker out there rick. I have no love for the Steelers but he plays with intensity and makes plays.

He was not even close to 100% the last bit of the season but when he is healthy, he IS a difference maker out there rick. I have no love for the Steelers but he plays with intensity and makes plays.

maybe he should start at QB:)

I'm not saying he sucks, he clearly doesn't, but everytime I see him play, especially against the Pats, he's out of position a good deal.

I'm not saying he sucks, he clearly doesn't, but everytime I see him play, especially against the Pats, he's out of position a good deal.

Its true he takes a LOT of risks positionally. I guess his Dline is so good usually it covers a lot of that. I hear ya I do! He's no Rodney Harrison.:)

Funny thing about him though. Usually, even when he's out of position, he ends up factoring in the play. He doesn't stop, he gets on the ball, and when he's 100%, he can read a QB pretty darn well. I'd take the guy on my team any day. And honestly, I can't name any better candidate for DPoY this year.

Funny thing about him though. Usually, even when he's out of position, he ends up factoring in the play. He doesn't stop, he gets on the ball, and when he's 100%, he can read a QB pretty darn well. I'd take the guy on my team any day. And honestly, I can't name any better candidate for DPoY this year.

I'm not questioning the fact that he plays hard, he clearly gives a 100%. I'm not refuting anything you say, I'd take him also.

Maybe the games against the pats are clouding my view of him, since the Pats usually put points up on that defense.

Last night, he didn't look very good on one of those td's, he just let his man go for no apparent reason.

I'm not questioning the fact that he plays hard, he clearly gives a 100%. I'm not refuting anything you say, I'd take him also.

Maybe the games against the pats are clouding my view of him, since the Pats usually put points up on that defense.

Last night, he didn't look very good on one of those td's, he just let his man go for no apparent reason.

I agree. He could have used a GPS last night. And in one close-up of him on the sidelines he looked all pasty-faced and bloated.

Its true he takes a LOT of risks positionally. I guess his Dline is so good usually it covers a lot of that. I hear ya I do! He's no Rodney Harrison.:)

I think these two points, along with Moebius' point of him factoring in regardless sum him up pretty good. He seems to play with reckless abondment which can burn you at times. I'm not a huge fan. I side with tehrick. He's good but he's championed more than necessary (overrated).

DpoY?????? Really? Suh or McCourty. TP isn't in the conversation IMO.

Stats don't lie.

When he's in there the Defensive stats for an already good Defensive team go up considerably.

That being said, I think a cerebral QB can exploit the weaknesses in his game rather regularly, as TB typically does.

The only real "play" Polamalu made was taking a cheap hit on Jennings AFTER he crossed the goal line.

Other than that, he was flying around like a man with his hair on fire and accomplished Jack Shit.

There must have been GREAT joy in Claremonster's abode last night!! YAY!

I agree. He could have used a GPS last night. And in one close-up of him on the sidelines he looked all pasty-faced and bloated.

ROFL He was injured and likely hopped up on something.

BTW, I thought the SAME thing about Agulera..she looked weirdly bloated in the face..wtf?

ROFL He was injured and likely hopped up on something.

BTW, I thought the SAME thing about Agulera..she looked weirdly bloated in the face..wtf?

damn she had a lot of issues last night :p

Stats don't lie.

When he's in there the Defensive stats for an already good Defensive team go up considerably.

That being said, I think a cerebral QB can exploit the weaknesses in his game rather regularly, as TB typically does.

Exactly. I'm no X and O guru but it seems that when he runs into a QB who can hold him in position/move him with his eyes & make great fakes with the ball, he's toast. He's aggressive and that is why he makes some awesome plays and why he gets taken out of them too.

Exactly. I'm no X and O guru but it seems that when he runs into a QB who can hold him in position/move him with his eyes & make great fakes with the ball, he's toast. He's aggressive and that is why he makes some awesome plays and why he gets taken out of them too.

Bingo.

Works great against 85% of the league.

Gets him in trouble alot of the other times.

Back