True fan confessions

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
What sort of treason or fan negligence have you been hiding in your closet?

I have still never seen the Superb Owl loss to the Giants following the 2007 season. I watched most of the first quarter and noted the total lack of fire and desire at the LOS. It was clear the Giants just wanted it more. I left it on until a bit into the second quarter, then went to bed...with the lead. My only surprise the next morning was that it was so close - I told Wife of Flagg that I expected a 7-10 point loss.

I root for the Lions when they aren't playing the Patriots. Was a season ticket holder for a few seasons.

Wait, do we have a masochist thread?

I have not rewatched the 07 game either. I would still trade that game for one of the others. 2018 seems good.

In the 80s, I was also a Giants fan, as my father was from NY and was a fan going way way back. So while I was also a Patriots fan, I watched and rooted for the Giants as well. I am still very familiar with the personnel on that mid to late 80s team.

Once Rod Rust ruined both the Patriots and the Giants, I stopped following them. Things were looking much better here with Dick MacPherson.

Prior to Josh Allen becoming an elite QB, I used to feel bad for the Bills.
This is probably the closest I've come to Patriots treason.

I completely turned my back on the 2012 Red Sox once the Bobby Valentine hiring was announced, (but hard to call that treason).

I was a Packer fan during Starr vs Unitas years.
I was a Cowboys fan during the Staubach years & a Raiders fan during the Stabler years.
I wanted the Jets to win the SB against the Colts (Shula) but I was never a Jets fan.
I've never watched "The Drive".
I was a fan of Hank Stram, Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville, Joe Gibbs, George Allen, John Madden, Don Coryell and Chuck Fairbanks.

I was a big NBA fan growing up and during the Bird and Michael years. The change to a 3 point shot league left me so disinterested in the NBA it was not until about August of 2008 I became aware the Celtics had beaten the Lakers in the finals.

I was a Packer fan during Starr vs Unitas years.
I was a Cowboys fan during the Staubach years & a Raiders fan during the Stabler years.
I wanted the Jets to win the SB against the Colts (Shula) but I was never a Jets fan.
I've never watched "The Drive".
I was a fan of Hank Stram, Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville, Joe Gibbs, George Allen, John Madden, Don Coryell and Chuck Fairbanks.
I was beginning to think I was the only Glanville fan.

Was a big SeaHawks fan when they first came into the league. Zorn to Largent. lots of trick plays. first coach was the brother of a pro wrestler. Jack Patera was the coach and Ken was wrestler I believe? I was like 11 when they joined the league and I thought the helmet/logo looked cool.

have never rewatched the 07 SB loss and if they show replays or anything (especially the helmet catch) I hit mute button and look away.

I haz a Treason......

I was never a Drew Bledsoe acolyte

His playing gave me much more watery-bowel syndrome than thrills up my leg

During his rookie year, seeing him w/ that dazed, sleepy-eyed face flailing around the Bellingham, MA Wal-Mart being barked at to "hurry-up" by his cowboy-hatted, licensed-plate-sized belt-buckle-wearing daddy while trying to choose some batteries didn't help much 🙂

In my mind '07 SB never happened. I have never seen it again and I turn away when there is any type of highlight -- especially that stupid not-a-sack-but-a-helmet-catch sequence they love to show.

I have nothing to confess. I have never been on the cheating side of town when it comes to the Patriots since 1970. I have never turned off a game that I've been able to watch during that time no matter how bad they were getting killed.

Does thinking other teams cheerleaders are smoking hot count?

I have still never seen the Superb Owl loss to the Giants following the 2007 season. I watched most of the first quarter and noted the total lack of fire and desire at the LOS. It was clear the Giants just wanted it more. I left it on until a bit into the second quarter, then went to bed...with the lead. My only surprise the next morning was that it was so close - I told Wife of Flagg that I expected a 7-10 point loss.

I have not rewatched the 07 game either. I would still trade that game for one of the others. 2018 seems good.
have never rewatched the 07 SB loss and if they show replays or anything (especially the helmet catch) I hit mute button and look away.

In my mind '07 SB never happened. I have never seen it again and I turn away when there is any type of highlight -- especially that stupid not-a-sack-but-a-helmet-catch sequence they love to show.

I was in Orlando for a guys golf trip. We watched the 07 SB in a pub in Celebration FL surrounded by fricken' Gints fans. :punchballs:

Then I doubled down and WENT to the SB in Indy in 2012. :punchballs::punchballs:

Lesson: I need to watch ALL Patriot's SB's in my living room.

I was in Orlando for a guys golf trip. We watched the 07 SB in a pub in Celebration FL surrounded by fricken' Gints fans. :punchballs:

Then I doubled down and WENT to the SB in Indy in 2012. :punchballs::punchballs:

Yes, you do.

At the very least you didn't go to the Super Bowl in 2018.

:coffee:

At the very least you didn't go to the Super Bowl in 2018.

:coffee:

No, I didn't. The wife and I did go to a friends house for a SB party. That sucked too.

After that debacle, I made a rule that all SB parties needed to be at our house. That has been the case and the party is set for here in Feb.

No, I didn't. The wife and I did go to a friends house for a SB party. That sucked too.

After that debacle, I made a rule that all SB parties needed to be at our house. That has been the case and the party is set for here in Feb.

My rule was placed after 07 to watch Super Bowls strictly at home, but broke the rule in 2017. It sucked for about three and a half quarters but then it was beyond awesome.

Back