Tsunami/earthquake in Japan...

tehrick67

Reaction score
This is hard to watch. I hope the loss of life isn't as bad as i think it's going to be.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HGrNDYPidWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This has to be the most powerful natural force on Earth.

Watching it on CNN. It's ridiculous the power. God bless these poor people....

I heard the count is up to 200 now. Tragic stuff. The problem is as they are looking for people they are getting aftershocks around 6.0, which is a bad earthquake in itself. Hopefully we can send some aid over.

I heard the count is up to 200 now. Tragic stuff. The problem is as they are looking for people they are getting aftershocks around 6.0, which is a bad earthquake in itself. Hopefully we can send some aid over.

Add another 0.

Maybe 2.

This is a catastophe.

I am freaking out watching this I had to shut it off. My daughter is a Japanese-phile whose lifelong dream it is to live in Japan and we were planning to send her there in 2 years..its surreal. It may never be the same there again.

Add another 0.

Maybe 2.

This is a catastophe.
I'm with you - I'm expecting this to surpass Indonesia, the population density is so much higher where this hit, I'm expecting well into the thousands. Utterly horrible, watching entire villages of houses get swept up by the waves is just insane.

They are reporting that there has been near 50 after shocks, some as much as 6.0

Tusami , earthquakes and all the aftershocks

Heart breaks for them

I'm in awe over this. I watch the footage and all I can think of is that I wouldn't have even wanted the 30 minutes notice here. You can't out-run it, you can't even out-drive it.

Fingers crossed for all these folks.

Have many friends there and so far everyone I know is ok. They are mostly Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka areas so south of where the worst was and the tsunami hit. There are going to be a lot more people found dead by the time this is over.

There are at least 2 carrier groups heading toward Japan to respond with aid when requested.

I can't fathom the destructive force of that wave...

There are very few times I've been glad I was landlocked. This is one of them.

I am always freaked out about Tsunami's. Have reoccurring dreams and such. Same with Tornado's.

It was so horrible to wake up to this news. It just goes to show man is not our worst enemy, but rather mother nature.

Until a powerful earthquake occurs along the New Madrid Fault and causes a tsunami from the White River that devastates your home and washes away your stash.

I was in a 35-floor highrise office building in SF when the 1989 Loma Prieta quake struck. It "only" measured 6.9 on the scale - small compared to what just happened in Japan - but it made those big skyscrapers sway back and forth like stalks of wheat. Everything falling off the shelves, windows popping out - general terror.

That was horrifying enough so I simply cannot imagine what this monster would have felt like. The thing about an earthquake, when you feel the first shake, you don't know if that's all or if it's gearing up to really rumble. You just can't predict at that first instant how long or how strong it will be. Believe me - breath is held during the entire event!

Good luck to our Japanese brethren.
:peace:

This is exactly how I felt watching that awesome destructive force.

While I feel terrible for the people from Japan who got slammed by that thing I can't quite describe how I felt watching people in Hawaii, who were able to watch the video of what happened in Japan just 6 hours or so previous, standing on the bleeping beach right as the tsunami was supposed to hit Hawaii.

I know that it turned out far less destructive there than had been feared, but that doesn't account for the clueless behavior. For all those people knew the ocean could have wiped Honolulu out and they were standing around with their thumbs up their asses waiting for it.

By that point I would have been climbing the nearest mountain with a backpack on after seeing what that shit could do.

Back