Twitter taking out the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
What part of y'all need to take personal responsibility is mob rule?
i don't care what private companies do legally, but to say this isn't akin to ganging up mafia style cronyism like what destroyed Tucker Auto back in the day would be disingenuous.

foobahl

Reaction score
To be very clear, I am against ALL offensive violence, so I am not even threatening or advocating violence when I say this. If you drive all opposition voices underground, there will be repercussions. The government or anyone else cannot stop the black market, how can they hope to stop ideas. And it is real weak sauce to say that all of a sudden, almost every major voice of popular conservatism is dangerous and is banned on social media. This was a coordinated attack against free speech, and if you agree with it, you are the fascist you are looking for.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
To be very clear, I am against ALL offensive violence, so I am not even threatening or advocating violence when I say this. If you drive all opposition voices underground, there will be repercussions. The government or anyone else cannot stop the black market, how can they hope to stop ideas. And it is real weak sauce to say that all of a sudden, almost every major voice of popular conservatism is dangerous and is banned on social media. This was a coordinated attack against free speech, and if you agree with it, you are the fascist you are looking for.
People have the option of running their own stuff. If you need twitter to get your message across, you are doing it wrong. As I said, people got by just fine for hundreds of years without social media. You can oppose all you want on social media, you cannot put out dangerous speech that incites violence.

foobahl

Reaction score
People have the option of running their own stuff. If you need twitter to get your message across, you are doing it wrong. As I said, people got by just fine for hundreds of years without social media. You can oppose all you want on social media, you cannot put out dangerous speech that incites violence.
I completely agree with that across the board. If you have government protections and a TOS, that TOS needs to be followed by everyone. I have no problem with the conservatives being suspended or removed. I have a big problem with only or mostly only conservatives being suspended or removed. No justice, no peace is in fact a threat of violence. Saying only white people can be racist is in and of itself hate speech and can lead to violence. Take away the internet protections on liability. If everything they do is on the up and up, the courts will find them innocent.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Who were the "major voices of conservatism" who were banned, aside from Trump?

Rush Limbaugh deleted his account himself.

Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, Mike Flynn were major voices of Trumpism and Qanonism.

The rest were Qanon actors.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I completely agree with that across the board. If you have government protections and a TOS, that TOS needs to be followed by everyone. I have no problem with the conservatives being suspended or removed. I have a big problem with only or mostly only conservatives being suspended or removed. No justice, no peace is in fact a threat of violence. Saying only white people can be racist is in and of itself hate speech and can lead to violence. Take away the internet protections on liability. If everything they do is on the up and up, the courts will find them innocent.
I do not know who has been removed or not removed, if another group is doing hate speech or inciting something they are going to be removed as well. I never said only white people can be racist because that is not true. Twitter is horrible about banning people for the least little thing, so this does work across the board.

OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Its called freedom, I thought that's what you all wanted?
Supposedly, according to Ron Paul drones, if we allowed private businesses to disallow blacks then the free market would take care of that and they wouldn’t get any business and that’s supposedly the panacea free market in action.

Of course, when companies take flack for their political opinions then that’s apparently “mafia style cronyism.”

The bottom line is that Paul drones just want us to stick with antiquated, racist, homophobic societal ideals and anything else is just the pretext.

OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I'm quite sure I did but obviously wasn't what you wanted to hear.
It’s not a very interesting, insightful, unique, or logically consistent point.

So instead we get the “you just don’t understand” logical fallacy because the argument can’t be defended on its own merits.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
What part of "I don't care what private companies do" is tough to understand? i've said over and over they should ban who they want. what's illogical is believing that gays who want cakes should get cakes by force of law while jimping over what is happening to trump on social media, which is many people's opinion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.