Tyreek Hill traded to Miami Dolphins from Kansas City Chiefs

We'll see, but I see 5 teams I think the Pats will have trouble against. Bills, Chargers, Chiefs.

I don't see any of the others as insurmountable. And I haven't conceded the division to the Bills either.

But I'm as pro-Pats as a few here (not you) are anti-Pats. I just don't deny my bias :D
Of course. I see it more like "there are going more non-playoff teams in 2022 like the Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens and Colts that no one really wants to play."

I know the Bengals have been active this post-season but it wouldn't surprise me to see them fall back to earth in 2022 as well. Not making a bold prediction on that, simply that the climate of the AFC has changed so much, and we're going to have a shock or two (in terms of who is in, and who is out).

Just saw Bruschi on Get Up. As we sit today, here is who he has making the playoffs in the AFC.

Division Winners
Bengals
Bills
Chargers
Titans

WC Teams
Chiefs
Pats
Raiders

Miss: Denver, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Miami, Cleveland, Colts

I'd love to share his optimism but I just don't see how the Pats are a playoff team over all 6 of those teams.
He knows all the FAs have an entire year in the system, complete with expectations and definitions of what 'their job' is.

Plus the year 2 jump for Mac Jones, which considering how his rookie year went, isn't much of a logical leap. No one else in the AFC has those advantages.

You spelled Malcolm Butler wrong. :coffee:
Was that an issue for Butler? I don't remember him as a standout CB1 by any stretch, but I don't remember biting on double moves being a specific weakness like it is for Mills and Ramsay, for example.

He knows all the FAs have an entire year in the system, complete with expectations and definitions of what 'their job' is.

Plus the year 2 jump for Mac Jones, which considering how his rookie year went, isn't much of a logical leap. No one else in the AFC has those advantages.
Two words: Joe Judge

Can anyone say with any certainty that the Pats aren't behind both the Bills and Dolphins right now, at least for this year?

I can't. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Tua has a 13-8 record in 2 seasons as a starter with one of the NFL’s worst O-lines, no run game & limited receivers.
That's all fixed now and Mike McDaniel ran a pretty good offense in SF using similar personnel with JimmyG at QB with limited passing.

Just saying...

Tua has a 13-8 record in 2 seasons as a starter with one of the NFL’s worst O-lines, no run game & limited receivers.
That's all fixed now and Mike McDaniel ran a pretty good offense in SF using similar personnel with JimmyG at QB with limited passing.

Just saying...
now, take everything that we've said, substitute 'Dolphins' for 'Jets' and tell me how many times we've had similar conversations over the last 15+ years. The Bills are the class of the division right now. Despite Tua's record it doesn't seem like the Dolphins are completely sold on him.

now, take everything that we've said, substitute 'Dolphins' for 'Jets' and tell me how many times we've had similar conversations over the last 15+ years. The Bills are the class of the division right now. Despite Tua's record it doesn't seem like the Dolphins are completely sold on him.
Tua is definitely their weak link but, barring a surprising change between now and the draft, I don't see any way the Bills and Dolphins don't finish 1 and 2 in the AFCE.

Tua is definitely their weak link but, barring a surprising change between now and the draft, I don't see any way the Bills and Dolphins don't finish 1 and 2 in the AFCE.
The Dolphins will Dolphin...it's what they do

Just saying...
They've got him some expensive weapons. If Tua still sucks, that's purely on him. No excuses now.

Two words: Joe Judge
Fair point. Every QB can't have Charlie Weiss and Josh McDamiels. NFL players get what they get based on the luck of the draft, but if they're good enough they work hard enough to overcome whatever obstacles are in their path.

That said, we know nothing about how Joe Judge will be. We don't even know if Judge is or will be a QB whisperer. All we know is that Judge attended a college pro-day and as part of that task he worked out a draft-eligible QB.

I'm not ready to assume he will therefore hold back a QB with as much potential as I believe Jones has.

Fair point. Every QB can't have Charlie Weiss and Josh McDamiels. NFL players get what they get based on the luck of the draft, but if they're good enough they work hard enough to overcome whatever obstacles are in their path.

That said, we know nothing about how Joe Judge will be. We don't even know if Judge is or will be a QB whisperer. All we know is that Judge attended a college pro-day and as part of that task he worked out a draft-eligible QB.

I'm not ready to assume he will therefore hold back a QB with as much potential as I believe Jones has.
I wish I had your optimism but the Giants offense was abysmal last year. For a young QB like Jones, coaching is paramount right now.
That being said, as with everything, we will see how it all shakes out. But I think the McD detractors on this board are going to be wishing he was back by mid-season.

Back