Upcoming new shows

It's a series I've always been aware of in my peripherals, but never actually gotten to. I think I had a related YT recommendation pop up, something about what to read or watch before watching the series? Creator might be...Daniel Greene? Anyway, if I were to watch, should I read first? Know anything specific first?

Great thread, shugs. I am not familiar with this title but am always open to a new series whether that is book or film. Awesome.

WOT was… good. Far too long, but good overalls. Rand was a fascinating character, although I thought that Jordan was terrible at writing about the female characters. They frequently came off as whiny and childish.

I’m more interested to see if “The Kingkiller Chronicles” will be made, as Lin Manuel Miranda is trying to do. Those two books, with hopefully a third to come out soon, are phenomenal and far better than most fantasy fiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WOT was… good. Far too long, but good overalls. Rand was a fascinating character, although I thought that Jordan was terrible at writing about the female characters. They frequently came off as whiny and childish.

I’m more interested to see if “The Kingkiller Chronicles” will be made, as Lin Manuel Miranda is trying to do. Those two books, with hopefully a third to come out soon, are phenomenal and far better than most fantasy fiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
...as opposed to fantasy non-fiction? ;)

Sorry, just struck me as funny...

It's a series I've always been aware of in my peripherals, but never actually gotten to. I think I had a related YT recommendation pop up, something about what to read or watch before watching the series? Creator might be...Daniel Greene? Anyway, if I were to watch, should I read first? Know anything specific first?
I guess it depends. I think it will be a good show without reading. If you want to read first to get the deeper immersion, Eye of the World and The Great Hunt are the first two books. It looks like season one will have a bit from The Great Hunt. But I don't think people will be lost without reading. Think Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. Similar impact if a different style of fantasy.

Yes Daniel Greene is a very successful YouTuber that has a lot of vids about the Wheel of Time. It wouldn't hurt to see what his recommendation is.

Great thread, shugs. I am not familiar with this title but am always open to a new series whether that is book or film. Awesome.
You should be. IMO best epic modern fantasy series and much like Tolkien did, Jordan paved the way for many fantasy writers today.

You should be. IMO best epic modern fantasy series and much like Tolkien did, Jordan paved the way for many fantasy writers today.
I was really never a fan of this genre until I became a writer and hung out with those who wrote in this genre. I had an appreciation of it but now it is more so than before.

That is a fair and common critism.

The show will probably have far fewer complaints in that direction.

I was really never a fan of this genre until I became a writer and hung out with those who wrote in this genre. I had an appreciation of it but now it is more so than before.
Pick up Eye of the World sometime and see what you think.

I enjoy the sci-fi and fantasy a great deal as it provides an amazing vehicle to illustrate the consequence of philosophical thought on humanity projected many years out.

The brilliance of Frank Herberts Dune and Asimov's Foundation series and beyond we're my first foray into this incredible world.

The level of intellect and the ability to put forth insight in this realm inspired me to write a novel about should machines that developed objectively defined rational consiousness and the what rights would they hold.

The vehicle that is sci-fi/fantasy lends itself to such depth of topics. I, for one, love it.

Last edited:
Pick up Eye of the World sometime and see what you think

Woohoo, it is at the library. I'm placing it on hold. Now that I think of it, hubby probably has a copy.It should pare well with the King book I am reading. LOL

I'm finished with 4 of 8 Clickbait episodes on Netflix. It's about as dark and sad as anything I've ever watched. Reviewers I llke, including Matthew Gilbert from the Globe, have panned it and online reviewers have recommended not even finishing it. I am curious to see how it ends.Has anyone watched it all?

I'm finished with 4 of 8 Clickbait episodes on Netflix. It's about as dark and sad as anything I've ever watched. Reviewers I llke, including Matthew Gilbert from the Globe, have panned it and online reviewers have recommended not even finishing it. I am curious to see how it ends.Has anyone watched it all?
I noticed that the other day. Can you give me a couple of sentences of what it's about?

I noticed that the other day. Can you give me a couple of sentences of what it's about?
Yes. A well-respected, racially mixed couple with 2 sons are seemingly happily married. The husband gets kidnapped and his captors post videos on line with him holding signs saying he's a woman abuser, general scumbag , etc. Turns out, that's not far from the truth and his wife has a skeleton in her closet, as well. Each of the episodes is told from the perspective of one of the major players.

Yes. A well-respected, racially mixed couple with 2 sons are seemingly happily married. The husband gets kidnapped and his captors post videos on line with him holding signs saying he's a woman abuser, general scumbag , etc. Turns out, that's not far from the truth and his wife has a skeleton in her closet, as well. Each of the episodes is told from the perspective of one of the major players.
Thanks so much. I'll add it to my list. 🙂

I have virtually no list at this point and have become quite disappointed in the prospects coming from this world of show creations.

I greatly appreciate this thread and some of the suggestions. Keep it going.. :)

Up until now, my biggest hope was for the new Dune movie which comes out next month, now Wheel Of Time is completely on my radar.

Last edited:
Update: I just watched episode 5 which features the story from the viewpoint of the investigative reporter. I'm beginning to understand why virtually all members of the media reviewers who have seen all 8 episodes have nearly universally panned the series and urged viewers to not watch it. Episode 5 portrays said investigative reporter, his colleagues, their boss and their entire company as totally dishonest, lying, duplicitous scuzz-buckets. Hmmmmm...stay tuned.

I have virtually no list at this point and have become quite disappointed in the prospects coming from this world f show creations.

I greatly appreciate this thread and some of the suggestions. Keep it going.. :)

Up until now, my biggest hope was for the new Dune movie which comes out next month, now Wheel Of Time is completely on my radar.
My list is finally manageable. But the family keeps my list never ending with their suggestions.

It doesn't help though that I love black and white movies and any classic or non classic comes on I hit record if it looks promising. It also does not help with the streams constantly coming up with stuff that for me looks, "Oh, that looks that it could be good," coming from me.

Back