Van Noy released by Dolphins

Dolphins apparently not actually released Van Noy yet, trying to trade him. MIA has 2 weeks in which to trade him, I can't see many teams swinging a trade

30 million in guarantees... the signing bonus was 12 million...

The remaining guarantees in the contract don't kick in if he isn't on the team
Unless I am mistaken once he clears and is a free agent that contract is meaningless to who ever he signs with.

Dolphins apparently not actually released Van Noy yet, trying to trade him. MIA has 2 weeks in which to trade him, I can't see many teams swinging a trade
Wanting a trade knowing that they are going to release him? then they should have shopped him first, before announcing he was a cap casualty... He isnt that good teams would want to secure his services via trade, knowing he's going to get released

Wanting a trade knowing that they are going to release him? then they should have shopped him first, before announcing he was a cap casualty... He isnt that good teams would want to secure his services via trade, knowing he's going to get released

My thoughts too, though if Miami was shopping him around for a trade, I think teams would have known exactly why and just waited for MIA to release him instead and then sign him if he was interested

Good luck trading him (mostly his contract) now. smh. GM Chris Grier made an uncharacteristic mistake or two - giving him all that money with replacements aboard and announcing his release and then backtracking to a trade. Hard lesson.

We are getting a 4th round comp pick for him this year. So if we do sign him back at reasonable money, that means we get the player back and the draft pick.

Back