Vin Scully RIP

Roberto71

Reaction score
I think it deserves its own thread. A really great broadcaster who became the voice of Baseball.

We will have bad memories of him calling that Buckner play, but nobody could deny his brilliance as a commentator.

And of course, he also called football games as well. Proud tio say he had roots in the old country over here.

He was also in the booth for Dwight Clark's "The Catch."

Incredible PBP man who I will think of fondly, despite my emotional scars from Game 6.

Kirk Gibson's HR, Aaron's 715th, so many memorable calls. RIP to the GOAT.

Best of all time in my opinion of any sport, I never heard anyone else that could fill a whole game with interesting commentary with no one else in the booth except himself. The guy had an unbelievable memory and had a unique way of making comparisons and analogies from the most obscure things in human history. I found myself listening to Dodgers games sometimes even though I couldn't care less about them or the game itself. So sad losing all these TV/Radio legends over the past decade+, they're a near extinct breed type of personalities.

Requiescat In Pace

His picture will forever be next to the word ICON in your dictionary, He was 23 when I was three. That's when he took over, and he's been there all of my life. The ulimate professional.

Cheers

Back