Vince Wilfork is the newest member of the Patriots Hall of Fame!!

overalls GIF

And we all knew.

Against two other fine nominees, there was not the least doubt.

Congratulations Ang mucho thanks, Vince.

Cheers

Vince Wilfork: "I believe I was probably one of the best two-gap nose tackles who ever played the game. I was a nightmare for offenses trying to figure out where I was going to be.
And all that credit goes to Bill Belichick."

Next stop, Canton.
Would love to see it and he deserves it but probably won't happen, so hard for a NT to get in, at least not for a long time. Maybe the 2 rings will be and should be enough but if guys like Ted Washington and Smerlas can't get in I don't know.

I know one thing, Vince has the best stiff arm of any NT ever!

He was a brilliant player in many not so good Patriot teams. Will always remember that game against the Ravens in that AFCCG when he was a one man wrecking ball and pushed back the Ravens out of FG range when they were driving for the win. After the 23-20 win, that iconic picture of him with his hands in the air and the steam pouring from his head on that freezing night. He won us that game.

ghows-WL-92235851-be32-4f67-9b7d-986dd29798ff-dbc5f078.jpeg

Last edited:
F**k me! How can you not love that confidence? And it's well placed because I cannot argue with him on it and I don't think people with far more football knowledge than me can argue with him either.

And people need to remember as well, Vince was playing with a lot of really bad defensive players on his team. He was surrounded by mediocrity on the defense for the bulk of his NE career.

View: https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1526642670264848384

Last edited:
Would love to see it and he deserves it but probably won't happen, so hard for a NT to get in, at least not for a long time. Maybe the 2 rings will be and should be enough but if guys like Ted Washington and Smerlas can't get in I don't know.

I know one thing, Vince has the best stiff arm of any NT ever!
Yes but he wasn't just a NT in the traditional sense, he was a playmaker, and he just stood out in a way Washington or Smerlas never did. Not to insult those guys, they were great players but Big Vince was a on a different level of athleticism in my opinion.

Back