Vince Wilfork is the newest member of the Patriots Hall of Fame!!

Vince drove the Jets Brandon Moore
back into the backfield which caused the famous Mark Sanchez buttfumble, never will forget that.

Should be in Canton for that alone :coffee:

That night in New Jersey birthed one of the greatest Pro Football memes of all time, up the with the likes of Wide Right and 28-3 :coffee:

Yes but he wasn't just a NT in the traditional sense, he was a playmaker, and he just stood out in a way Washington or Smerlas never did. Not to insult those guys, they were great players but Big Vince was a on a different level of athleticism in my opinion.
You don't have to convince me, I already said he deserves it. History shows that in the voters eyes NT's are not as deserving as other positions, even for the top few that have ever played it. But hey, if David Ortiz can get in the most stuck up and stubborn HoF as a DH then anything can happen. Maybe due to a new breed of voters cycling in?

Speaking of playmaking, just watched that INT he had against the Chargers again, so amazingly athletic for his size.

Last edited:
You don't have to convince me, I already said he deserves it. History shows that in the voters eyes NT's are not as deserving as other positions, even for the top few that have ever played it. But hey, if David Ortiz can get in the most stuck up and stubborn HoF as a DH then anything can happen. Maybe due to a new breed of voters cycling in?

Speaking of playmaking, just watched that INT he had against the Chargers again, so amazingly athletic for his size.
I went thru this in some detail, way way back. Virtually all the NT's in the Hall have well tons of sacks. If you aren't a sack machine, forget it, seems to be the rule.

July 2015

A shame that Vince has no shot at the HOF. The voters are clearly biased against defensive players and those who get in generally carry a boatload of Ints or Sacks. Among tackles whose careers have ended in the last 35 years only 5 have been voted in. Vince has 16 Career sacks. Among those admitted Cortez Kennedy with 58 has far and away the fewest. Joe Green, Alan Page, Randy White and John Randall each has over 100. I think Vince deserves HOF consideration but he’ll get little or none.

But he’ll be in our Hall. And giant among those honored there.

Cheers, BostonTim

Last edited:
Yes but he wasn't just a NT in the traditional sense, he was a playmaker, and he just stood out in a way Washington or Smerlas never did. Not to insult those guys, they were great players but Big Vince was a on a different level of athleticism in my opinion.
Hear hear.

I went thru this in some detail, way way back. Virtually all the NT's in the Hall have well tons of sacks. If you aren't a sack machine, forget it, seems to be the rule.

July 2015

A shame that Vince has no shot at the HOF. The voters are clearly biased against defensive players and those who get in generally carry a boatload of Ints or Sacks. Among tackles whose careers have ended in the last 35 years only 5 have been voted in. Vince has 16 Career sacks. Among those admitted Cortez Kennedy with 58 has far and away the fewest. Joe Green, Alan Page, Randy White and John Randall each has over 100. I think Vince deserves HOF consideration but he’ll get little or none.

But he’ll be in our Hall. And giant among those honored there.

Cheers, BostonTim
I know I'm arguing against myself here but I've been giving it more thought. History is on your side but opinions change and like BB said there is no criteria for the HoF. As I mentioned before and I know it's a different sport but no one thought DH's would ever get into the HoF, now you got Ortiz, Baines, and Martinez in there just in the last few years. Did you ever think Seymour would ever get in with 57.5 sacks? I certainly did not, none of his numbers jump out at you, but anyone that saw him play knew how dominant he really was. Vince having 2 rings will also help him a lot. Not sure how that compares to other NTs of his caliber.

Last edited:
VW may not show up on the stat sheet, but watch his game. He is a baller.
I know I'm arguing against myself here but I've been giving it more thought. History is on your side but opinions change and like BB said there is no criteria for the HoF. As I mentioned before and I know it's a different sport but no one thought DH's would ever get into the HoF, now you got Ortiz, Baines, and Martinez in there just in the last few years. Did you ever think Seymour would ever get in with 57.5 sacks? I certainly did not, none of his numbers jump out at you, but anyone that saw him play knew how dominant he really was. Vince having 2 rings will also help him a lot. Not sure how that compares to other NTs of his caliber.
Your keyboard to God's ear. I have never wished to be dead wrong more rigorously
VW may not show up on the stat sheet, but watch his game. He is a baller.
A baller's baller.

Cheers, BostonTim

F**k me! How can you not love that confidence? And it's well placed because I cannot argue with him on it and I don't think people with far more football knowledge than me can argue with him either.

And people need to remember as well, Vince was playing with a lot of really bad defensive players on his team. He was surrounded by mediocrity on the defense for the bulk of his NE career.

View: https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1526642670264848384

He was the best defensive player in the league for like 3 years. At nose tackle. That's a lock hall of famer for any non-Patriot.

These two guys ran the team on the field back in the day.

vince_tom.jpg

screen-shot-2015-05-13-at-12-13-13-pm.jpg

c979d208475217a32fd687c4903b3768.jpg

Back